An Update On PS3 Visibility Issues Post-GU51

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Greetings DCUO,

As you may know, some players have experienced issues with not seeing other players and/or NPCs on the PS3 after our last game update. It has been our top priority since to determine the cause of this problem and resolve it.

As of the time of this post, we have implemented a live, temporary fix on both US and EU PS worlds that resolves this problem. Logging in from now on, you should see other players and NPCs as you would expect to. We expect a more complete and final fix will be implemented with an upcoming client hotfix or game update.

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this problem, and thank you for playing DCUO!

Note: An unrelated issue involving intermittently invisible players in instances on all clients (not just PS3) remains under investigation, and this fix does not pertain to that.
    • Like x 10
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

Very good! About time.....

Do you know what was causing the problem?
  3. Prince Royce Level 30

Ty butt i still wait a reward for 6 days legendary lost
    • Like x 2
  4. Pr0tojay Committed Player

We lost a week of legendary. I couldnt pvp, couldnt run raids. Do we get a weeks extension on our membership at least?
    • Like x 2
  5. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

This is the worst bug, so annoying ! I'm happy to know y'all are working on it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Like...one hour ago, i was running HoD LPVE, and i wasnt seeing anyone (NPC´s or group mates), we were fighting the first boss and suddenly...everything became clear. Players, NPC´s everything.

Now i know why. Thank you.

But it was kinda weird. I mean...it was in the middle of an instance and i didnt relogged or anything.
  7. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Thank you very much for this fix.
  8. ThridenGames New Player

Finally but I wish I had a chance to get the time that I was offline due to this problem back
  9. coco Committed Player

Tyvm! If only my mc would be credited then I'd be overly happy!
  10. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Why can't I log on?

Stuck at loading then connection failed over and over again.

7:50pm central the 18th USPS4

IA ARMY
  11. OANGL Well-Known Player

This is great now I just need my replay badges.
    • Like x 1
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

b4 id say no. we lose progression chances so id hope dey consider dis
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

But what was the issue?
  14. .PHREAK. New Player

I'm very glad to read this post. After attempting to
    reply to Mepps' post for player and server data
    regarding these issues, only to find that, "I have
    insufficient privaleges to reply here", was certainly
    salt in the wound. Our household
    has two current Legends subscriptions, when can
    we expect our accounts credited and our
    Replay Badges credited?
    Thanking you in advance,
    PHREAK +1
  15. juhani100 New Player

Finally! Thank you for getting progress on this issue!
    Though I'm sad that I haven't been able to do anyraids
    But atleast I can do alerts and duos without problems.
  16. White Strife Level 30

I agree, we all lost out on potential marks and feats because of this bug and i personally believe there should be some sort of compensation for our trouble/lack of ability to run just about everything in game. nothing huge, but a little something that says hey thanks for sticking with us through this rough patch.
    • Like x 4
  17. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Doesnt seem like enough people care, so i doubt theyll do anything about it.
  18. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I didn't have problems like others, I was able to play during the week. But for those who couldn't for a week, I too think they should receive something for the lost days.
  19. White Strife Level 30

Your right scarlet, for example that day when everyone lost our legendary membership and nothing was done about it, not a day added on to our sub, nothing, as much money as they make off of us you would think that they would reimburse us for lost time that was the result of their faulty updates. Dont get me wrong i dont think that they do not care, but i think its a matter of enough people voiceing their opinions for it to matter, in this case only a few of us have spoken up, soooo nada....maybe im wrong for wanting to get what i pay? in what world does that make sense?
    • Like x 1
  20. SEMPER FEAR New Player

It's most likely a mapping issue, their game was dropping packets. Which causing players to be invisible when truly they are just at a spawn point. just a guess though.... Hey Mepps can you tell us why it was happening??