Amazon Time Capsule Collections Drop Rate

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kayla El, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Kayla El Committed Player

I've spent approximately 100$ and opened roughly 100 Amazon Time Capsules and the "Small Zamaron Crystal" / "Flaming Phoenix Feather" never dropped. I'm a legendary member for almost 5 years now and i don't mind spending money on the game to support it but the drop rate for these 2 collections is unacceptable. I understand that one of the main reasons for adding these Time Capsules to the game was to make more money but because they contain some items with incredible low drop rates that also have feats attached to them for me personally they have become a very big nuisance.

Is it really okay that we now have to pay hundreds of $ just to complete these time capsule feats. I know that i can get keys from the game or i can buy the collections from other players but that doesn't change the fact that the drop rates are too low and the fact that i might never get them if i refuse to buy any keys. Normally i would have needed 300 days to open 100 capsules without buying any keys and still in my case wouldn't have gotten those collections. Please all i'm asking is for you guys to be reasonable with these drop rates, because i don't mind to support the game but this is too much.
    • Like x 26
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

98 million in the broker.

All of the phoenix material collections are expensive and extremely rare. Almost to the point where I wish it were in a BB
    • Like x 8
  3. Kayla El Committed Player

Obviously people have put them on the broker with insane prices especially those lucky enough that got 2 of them but seriously now i don't recall having this issue with the first round of time capsules i mean 100+ and not even 1 of them once!? I'm seriously concerned right now that in the future i will be forced to spend 100+$ aside from my yearly membership just to get some collection feats...
    • Like x 3
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I can tell you from experience that the law of averages should be in your favor but.............

I have tested drop rates in other games on many many different characters with friends and we found that some characters will get better drop rates than others. I have not tested it here in DCUO but I am sure there are a few that have. I would be willing to bet a dollar bill the same holds true in DCUO.
    • Like x 3
  5. Kayla El Committed Player

Honestly i don't need any "special favors" just because i choose to support the game from time to time but i would appreciate a normal drop rate for everything that's related to those capsules because right now all they manage to do is add more frustration for me rather then cool items...
    • Like x 2
  6. Evil Mind Level 30

This is exactly what i'm talking about for the last few years. I don't mind paying for what is reasonable. However nobody wants to pay for the stuff that doesn't worth anything to them which is unreasonable. For example nobody would buy a GPS that only works when the car is not moving. Just exactly like paying $100 dollar for the collection to stay unfinished.
    • Like x 1
  7. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Just think of it as gambling because that is essentially what you are doing.
    If your luck is hitting a bad streak the best thing that you can do is step away and come back to it later.
    • Like x 2
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I didn't buy a single time capsule with real money I used loyalty points and the keys I had saved up to open mine the drops are so bad I'm not wasting real money on them .
    • Like x 1
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I am personally not a fan of RNG like what was in the booster bundles or the TC but it is what it is. At least the TC are actual micro transactions.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kayla El Committed Player

Exactly i'm really upset and worried right now because of these boxes as if replay badges weren't enough...
    • Like x 1
  11. Kayla El Committed Player

Honestly the main reason i'm wasting money on these capsules is mostly because of the feats attached to the items they contain. Not that i don't like the items you can get from them on the contrary i do and probably would pay a few bucks to get them either way but as you can see not even 100$ is guaranteed to get all of them so...
  12. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

You are not required to spend any money. No one is forcing you to, it is your choice. Not getting a few feats within a few days will not crush your character.
    • Like x 1
  13. Defcon 0ne Well-Known Player

This is why im not a fan of items that are sold in MP that contains feat points.

Before the "you can get stabilizers in game for free" cheerleaders, look at the old MP stuff . Some are also obtainable in game but they do not grant feat points if you purchased it in MP. **** with your pompoms.
    • Like x 6
  14. Kayla El Committed Player

All i can say is good luck getting all the feats from simply playing the stabilizer fragment instance daily.
    • Like x 2
  15. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

Thanks, but I didn't get all the feats for the last TC and i don't really care. There are multiple episodes and DLC's that I missed some feats and it doesn't matter to me. If I want stabilizers, I can use loyalty points to by them. If I want to replay something, I get replays from being legendary. You do not need to buy anything.
  16. Kayla El Committed Player

3 months are approximately 91 days. 91 days divided by 3 (days required to get a key if you're a member) equals approximately 30 (time capsule keys). So in 3 months you can open approximately 30 time capsules. I've opened around 100 and still didn't get every feat. I'll let you draw your own conclusions from this. Oh forgot to mention they might not even be available for 3 months and who knows when they'll come back. Attaching feats to the items you can get from them in my eyes was a big mistake period.
    • Like x 2
  17. Kayla El Committed Player

If it doesn't matter to you it doesn't mean that it doesn't matter to others.
  18. Kayla El Committed Player

Attaching feats to them was a bad idea in my eyes as well but what can we do. I don't mean to be disrespectful or cocky but the decision of attaching feats to those capsules kinda forces me to pay real money on the game.
  19. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

No, the best thing to do would be going to Vegas and gambling where it matters lol
    • Like x 3
  20. Kayla El Committed Player

Then please DCUO make it stop i don't enjoy gambling my money on feats...