Alternative to Arbiter of Destiny

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ghosts, Mar 4, 2022.

1. ghosts Well-Known Player

title pretty much says is all, l know arbiter is good but it requires practice to do it right and l'm looking for something more simple. I can do just fine without supercharges but when that "oh crap" moment comes I'm less effective with arbiter, l wish there was a simpler alternative. I heard EoG spam is a thing but I still need to catch up on arts so it's not an option atm.

Calling on all Sorcery masters for advice
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

transcendence
    your welcome ;)

if you don't want a super
    invocation of Renewal

• Like x 2
  3. ghosts Well-Known Player

Yeah that was the obvious choice, does it protect the whole raid group though? I thought it was only 4 people. If it does protect everyone l'll definitely give it a shot
    I already use invocation, great power, it used to feel much more powerful in the past, wonder if they did anything to it
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I haven't tested it in a long while its been a minute since I was sorcery but no where in the description does it say quantity it says group members. I think by complaints of other the shield might be 4 players not 8 but the heals should be for everyone in group hell by the wording it should be everyone for both.

back in the day it for sure got everyone it was my go to super in year 1-2 we have had a lot of changes since then should be easy to test though or someone who is more current could chime in

as far as invocation its stronger for the most injured I use it on my wife's account and all those similar powers like bloom or guardians light can bring the whole group up after one of those big group busters boss like to do

Transcend the mundane and cast a powerful spell of protection.
    While active, you and your group members are healed over time and protected from incoming damage.
    • Like x 1
  5. ghosts Well-Known Player

Gotcha, transcendence it is then. Dunno why I though it only healed 4 people

Another quick question, do you know if the HoT from shard of life can be applied to targets if you're far away and the crosshair is grey? I tested it in a dummy with a grey crosshair and I saw it receive the damage from the explosion but I had no way to confirm if the healing over time was active or not. It's a bit of an obscure question, I understand if you don't know the answer if you didn't use sorcery in a while
  6. Ergotth Committed Player

The HoT of shard comes from the impact of it, which means the target of it, as for the range of it, it seems to be roughly the size of Circle of Destruction (or Ciercle of Protection before they buffed it's size) and it affects ALL players AND NPCs, Pets, Sidekicks, etc etc. Basicaly it heals everything but enemies. The Hot duration is also roughly the cooldown.
    • Like x 2
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Transcendce is an 8 man. But also short and a 10k super so wouldn’t bother. Unless I’m green spamming, I don’t run a super with sorcery. I’ve used this loadout to heal any elite solo except for upper stages where we’d be running 2 heals.

Priority, boon shield, watcher, Circle, invocation, group heal. Orb of arion so don’t use my prio except for oh crap moments and spam the group heal. Use the cooldown back mod for the group heal. Stacks revivfy, feeds watcher, and applies the phr HoT. Easy peasy. Arbiter is only really useful in terrible groups with a bad troll otherwise it’s just overkill.
    • Like x 2
  8. ghosts Well-Known Player

Yeah l was aware of this, maybe I didn't explain correctly, for example, when you cast CoP on an enemy when your crosshair is grey, instead of it being casted on the enemy it gets casted on your feet wherever you are, basically wasting it. When l casted shard on a dummy with a grey crosshair, l've seen it get hit by the power even if l was pretty far away. Maybe this happens because the initial explosion of shard has an AoE and it's easier for your target to be affected by it

Yesterday l was doing bounties against Steel in doomed metropolis and the dude went flying all over the place, I'm pretty sure l casted shard on him a couple of times with a grey crosshair and l saw my teammates being healed, so I assume it works like I figure it does

Thank you for you info on transendence, l used it a couple of times and feels good to have a simple sc to fall back on instead of spamming everything like a spastic with arbiter

Edit: welp, I thought you were the person that recommended me transendence so I thanked you for it lol. Sorry, it's very early in the morning
  9. ghosts Well-Known Player

Interesting build, in my case I don't have much of a problem with transendence costing 10k because l barely used supercharges at all. I usually manage with normal powers, I don't get that "oh crap" situation very often, I figure the sc will be back up when I need it if l use the head mod for it and extended supercharge
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

All up to you. Watcher is the easy pick for a substitute slot. I like him because he’s getting fed anyway and he can surprise me and keep me up for a bit if I stop healing to do pick ups or what not. I used to use transcendence way back but yeah, if I’m running a super then I’m running 3 for EoG spams and just using prio group circle for actual healing which is plenty in 98% of content these days.
    • Like x 1
  11. ghosts Well-Known Player

I'll keep it in mind, I didn't use the watcher since the AM era, switched it for invocation of renewal. l'll put it on the supercharge slot some time and see how that goes
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Watcher won’t be a make or break type of thing so at most, you’ll be seeing a 15k heal from him every 8secs or so. But it is a group heal and he helps with adding some damage out. He also tends to hover around the tank so that can be helpful. But yeah, his slot in my loadout is always my “try this instead” slot. I’m a big fan of passives tho and he’s probably the best sorcery’s got.

This is also all dependent on arts. I wouldn’t be running him if I had EoG in. I literally don’t if I have EoG in because I drop him 1st for blossom then drop boon for a 2nd 2500 and if I’m feeling over confident, I drop invocation for a 3rd 2500 and tac swap EoG with scrap or just do scrap EoG page on easier content. I would suggest getting comfortable with an EoG setup since that is what the player base wants the most. Makes ya popular. Can easily run the prio/group/CoP/invocation/ and 2 supers or drop a super and run a shield if it makes things easier.
    • Like x 1
  13. ghosts Well-Known Player

Yeah l get what you mean about watcher. Did the alert with it and it went smooth as always, but l didn't notice a huge difference, and seeing the watcher's energy bar empty made me uneasy, I'm not switching invocation for offering. It's good for an alert but in a raid group with a bunch of randoms? I'll stick with transendence for now

Regarding EoG, yeah, l know it's very popular, but l started some months ago, left before artifacts were a thing and had to start from zero. Once I level up all my arts I'll try EoG, hopefuly before they nerf it lol
    • Like x 1
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah you don’t run offering. No need. Watcher is fed thru your 4 person group heal also and if you’re running the cooldown back mod and page/ phr you should be spamming the hell out of it so watcher will always be fine. If it wasn’t for the fact the group heal feeds him, I’d never run it. Gotta stop saying him, we don’t know what an eyeball is lol. But the group heal is what makes watcher a passive, without that spam it will be out of power pretty quickly.

And I wouldn’t worry about EoG getting nerfed, it’s doing exactly what it is described to do. If anything gets nerfed, it will be the timing of supers but that won’t really affect anyone running 2 or 3 supers.
    • Like x 1
  15. ghosts Well-Known Player

I understand now, the group heal replenishes the energy of watcher? Sweet, I didn't catch that earlier. I'll do some more testing with the info you provided to see how I like it. Thank you for the heads up

And yeah I agree, it's inapropriate to assume the gender of an eyeball in 2022
    • Like x 1
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yup, group heal will feed it. It’s not like offering where it fills the bar or buffs it but it’s enough to keep it useful throughout anything. The buff really only makes the heals slightly better so not like it is worth losing 2 spots to run it but by itself with spam group, it’s a decent passive since that slots really only going to be for shard which would mean you’re having to hit an extra power or if running a super. Without EoG, sorc really doesn’t need a super.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ergotth Committed Player

The shard won't fall on top of you, it will actualy fall about 10-15ft ahead of you, so its not really a waste to cast without a target if you know where it lands to get it to reach your allies.
    • Like x 1
  18. ghosts Well-Known Player

I've been using the watcher build, getting familiar with the playstyle and I'm impressed by how well it works. The watcher and group heal in quick cooldown basically takes care of everything, and invocation and boon act like supercharges, you only need them in dangerous situations. It's definitely an excellent alternative to arbiter or transendence.

Thank you so much for sharing the build! I wouldn't have found these strats anywhere else
    • Like x 1
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Anytime. If you need any other info, feel free to pm me. I’ve been using sorc since launch so I’ve tried pretty much everything on healer and dps and that’s just the “jack of all trades” setup. There isn’t any situation that it can’t handle, it’s all up on the user at that point. You time boon and invocation right and you can heal thru most one shots in easier content. Good luck out there!

Edit: Make sure you’re running empowered channeling for hand mod btw. It doesn’t always work but normally does. It can usually keep invo healing even while being thrown across the room.
    • Like x 1
  20. ghosts Well-Known Player

Got it, thank you very much. I've seen your advice regarding arts in your previous posts, currently I'm rocking transfo card, purple healing and page of destiny, not even maxed.
    I saw you adviced orb of arion, I checked what it does and it rocked my world, definitely getting that next. There's still so much room for imporovement and l already feel like l can carry anything. Much appreciated
    • Like x 1