Alerts are not fun anymore!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flashy Swagg, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

Phantom zone at level is kind of a pushover. First time in mayby not but is was very easy to figure out.
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

There is a reason behind that & it's not because of the players. If you do some research on the subject it you will find that it is the gaming companies pushing it.

Mindless junky content = Less work = Less development costs

Couple that with microtransactions and you have larger profit margins.

It is not the players.
    It is the gaming companies conditioning the players in that way.
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Nearly everyone did, in my experience. I don’t even know how they could make stuff any harder, stuff already kills you in 1-3 hits.
    • Like x 2
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Shields and blocking are kinda handy.

Just make sure that you keep one or two shields in your loadouts and you will be fine as far as reaction times goes. Just keep them in rotation and you will do ok.
    If your shields are weak add Dom and run in support role.
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It would be different if DCUO had a wider range of content. Many MMOs have hard-mode alerts for everything, as well as tamer normal raids. However, they also do something that even the players in this thread would whine about: they clam your stats to a certain max. Elite alerts are truly elite because there's no hiding behind overtuned stats and saying "it's too easy, it's too easy."

If DCUO made hard mode alerts, and clamped your stats while inside, I can guarantee you no one would be crying about how easy they are. But virtually no one (percentagewise) would play them either.

I personally suspect that many on these very forums secretly queue into TTBe instead of SSe, opted to replay OLY instead of GOM, and used the gorilla ball to grab their feats before turning around and crying about how easy everything is, lol.

I love a challenge, but I also like to actually play content instead of just sitting in front of a screen. Also, to make harder content happen, DCUO would have to forget about its infatuation with the blasted RBs that were the real reason content got easier.
    • Like x 2
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Show me. Please. Queue in all roles at tier and show me how easy it is. You mean elite right?
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yeah, too many players are used to being carried and or being overgeared. I think that is part of the reason why DCUO's new player retention kinda sucks. Couple that with the almost false advertising as being free and you get what we have.

Lower instances need to have stat caps in order to collect loot. IMO
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There’s a lot of stuff that punches straight through all that, though. Doomsday and Black Canary just off the top of my head.
    • Like x 1
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The majority does not though and that's the point. You can only prep for what you can handle after that you just have to know what your limitations are.

If you have shields in rotation that will keep the majority of things from beating your but while you are working on stuff like reading tells. We cannot win them all and we really cannot expect everything to be given to us on a golden platter either.
    • Like x 1
  10. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

It is really easy to prove you are correct, infact there are over 50,000 that would've found it challenging.

Sadly when PZ was released I was pulled into a group with no healer 2 DPS a tank that would switch to DPS during the fights and me Trolling and we managed to get all but 1 feat from elite and 2 that we ended up getting at a different time, throwing the crystals and the various crystal combinations.

And it didn't take that long either, was done with elite in less than an hour and I was putting on gear as we went through the alert.

The mechanics were really not all that challenging, maybe for people that are observing of their surroundings, maybe.
    • Like x 1
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

the one thing i've noticed hurting non support players is that they have no survival skills, it's bad if i as the nature healer can out survive all the dpses and last as long as the tank, and i'm not going to chock that up to my own skill, as a healer i am waaaaaay too squishy to last that long. but i know when to move aside and to stay out of an aoe lethal splash zone. some situational awareness and a shield with a healthy dose of dodgeball skills trumps any amount of dps damage when you're only alive on the battle field for 5 seconds. even managed to get through darkseid's war factory one time........now there was PTSD nightmare fuel.
    • Like x 1
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

still my happiest memory in this game, beating that - proper beating it, too, no wipes, all roles, working as a team, just the greatest feeling. nothing before or since comes close to it.
    • Like x 3
  13. Imaginos Dedicated Player

The only way something like this would happen is if all roles were a combination of dps and their other roll. So healers would do damage and heal with the same power as an example. This probably won't happen so buffs are here to stay. Buffs let people play what they want as much as the current limited system lets them.
  14. gemii Dedicated Player

The alerts are fun but to easy we need harder mechanics and make having a troll important. Actually make it mandatory to have a troll you shouldnt be able to complete certain alerts without a troll debuff. would love to see more mechanics similar to ultimate soldier use where if you dont put a healing debuff on then theyll just keep healing themselves bring that same type of thing into alerts to make it more challenging.
  15. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

The second half of tha statement isnt true though. I just did SI in a 1-1-1-1 group. I did 6.4 mil the tank did a little over a mil and the healer and troll both did less than a mil. There was one wipe included in those numbers. 3 dps capabke of doing my damage and wed have got thru it much faster than basically me killing everything solo even with 12% debuffs.
  16. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Would love to hear about their other stats at the end.

The 12% is not just for you but them too.

I guess you were saying that the other non-dps roles were only holding aggro, healing and giving Power so they were like being carried like the DPS in raids that barely beat tanks in damage.

I am not referring to battle roles either, they should have at least been at half seems they probably were weak, not to insult.

Maybe it's just me.
  17. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I wasnt saying they were being carried or really anything derogatory about them. Just that it was a long alert bc I was the only dps.
  18. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Man I haven’t struggled and actually felt accomplished in beating anything in DCUO since probably Unholy Matrimony or Happiness home. But then again, my biggest accomplishment was probably FOS 2 in it’s prime days. Maybe even Paradox Wave :) man I miss old DC.
  19. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Oh I got that and I wasn't trying to imply that even though it does say just that.

There is a dogma that says that they should basically get carried but not calling it a carry because they contribute in a minor or a certain way.

Many called it battle roles or whined about battle healers or trolls, more recently Tanks.

Seems with all the changes I can only hope they will make the content a little bit more challenging like South Gotham Courthouse back in 2012 or Strykers Island or Arkham Asylum 2011/2012(after they fixed the glitch though) still can't believe players had to cheese Arkham Asylum.
  20. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

DC is your average suburb where you have two parents that worked really hard to provide for their kids. They sweat, bled, and developed amazing skills to pass down to their kids....

But it's too late.....they became too successful and now their kids are spoiled brats that can't handle any conflict because life was made too soft.
    • Like x 4