Again with the one-shot mechanic?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghaladh, May 12, 2015.

1. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I Just ran New Genesis Now... the first boss, whatever she does, kills you instantly. Blocking when she is showing the red skull is not enough, since our tank was killed any way by her frozen beam.
    Her jumping spin is sudden and doesn't leave you enough time to block, wiping the entire team.
    As if it wasn't enough you also have to take care of some piece of machinery on the ground and putting it in the right place.

What else? Should we do that while avoiding giant turds falling from the sky, singing Oh Susanna in reverse and jumping on one foot keeping a steel ball balanced on our nose?

Guys, I understand you want to offer a challenge, but that's way too much. I just know that along with Throne of the Dead and Lockdown, this is going to be one of those raids I will never play again.

You should try to play the stuff you develop without God Mode gear and test it by yourselves.

P.S.: more over, the first boss has practically a red skull over her head every 2 seconds...
    • Like x 3
  2. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

Tank has to use a breakout when he gets hit with beam and longe her, or a member in the raid needs to lunge her.

I knew the first boss would give people trouble :)
  3. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Still, the jumping spins is too fast and wipes the team, and a red skull is always on her head.
  4. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

Haven't ran it since test but it can't be that hard. Will spam it today when I get on.
    • Like x 1
  5. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Do the developers actually test the missions like a "normal" player or were you being facetious?
  6. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

I thought the New terminology that everyone is suppose to use was "One Bang" :p
    • Like x 24
  7. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I have no idea, but looking how so many things are screwed up since GU 47 and the raid I mentioned, I seriously doubt it. I know the characters the developers use have gear that give them god-like powers.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

First off I will explain.
    Tank cant turtle the entire time. When she does here freeze move, tank or another party member has to lunge to disrupt or 2 healers( not 1) can heal through it.

2nd. Her supergirl twirl move is a one shot, similar to the supergirl twirl in survival mode. Just block and everyone can survive( think L&W).

3rd the adds spawn each time you place and artifact. Make sure your team kills all the adds before placing the next artifact.

Last but not least. Its not necessary but having 2 tanks helps split the adds and the boss, that way your solo healer and solo troller arent hurting.

Boss is pretty simple, just takes communication( mics, or keyboard) and understanding of mechanics.

Also if your team is struggling on this boss, your team will absolutely hate the last boss.
    • Like x 7
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

OMG....Let's complain they gave us an Alert that is challenging and not just TANK AND SPANK.....

I love it...it was nice to actually have to figure crap out other than avoid A, B, C....you have to work at a team to complete the instance...
  10. Stark23 Committed Player

The spinning in the air move is block-able every time. Think Carol Ferris fight here, see the red skull and her go in to the air, block. As for the frozen beam that is lunge-able.

Had zero issues tanking it this morning. Mechanics guys, mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I said nothing against the alert. NGN is an 8 people operation. The alert is very difficult but not punitive.
  12. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

They're called "one bangs" now. Lol.
    • Like x 3
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Also devs I think you did a good job on the mechanics, much better than AF2, however still has much room to improve.
  14. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

What about the last boss? Any strategy you can offer? I abandoned after the first boss wiped us 12 times.

P.S.: thanks for explaining the strategy for the first boss. I will try it out
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Great, no one in my league is going to want to run this then. :-{
  16. Stark23 Committed Player

Haha, it's not near as bad just a comparison.
  17. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Carol Ferris fight just needs some focus by the players. It's truly easy when everyone knows when to block. You have to keep your eyes on her and you'll be fine. I doubt this boss is the same.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

You guys can't block? Btw there's no tentacles.
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

We have to bring in PUGs when we run. It's them who usually can't block. We're usually the last 3-5 standing (depending on how many people are on in our league). The league is fairly new, and we're still trying to find new members, but we want to get our league hall built up a bit before we start heavily recruiting.

Anyway, due to frustrations with PUGs, my fiancé and our closest in-game friend tend to avoid places like Paradox Wave, Lockdown, Love and War, etc.
    • Like x 3
  20. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

Me thinks content designed to force you to equip to CR120ish rather than staying at CR116 to get marks.