After tier 8 it feels like raid boss fights are just adds galore

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Nov 27, 2019.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

What’s up with just about with every raid since hive reborn and the machine being littered with bosses and just a tons of adds to fight? If that is an attempt to make a raid hard it’s a cheap lazy way of going about it. Not to mention everyone locks target on to the boss and ignore adds while the tank kites around to avoid damage anywAy

What happen to fights like neckron last boss in blackest night, avatar of meta in the power core, bombshell paradox last boss, even Olympus elite last boss Zeus, etc etc I mean stuff like this was still fun and challenging when they were first introduced and you didn’t need massive amounts of adds to make it feel that way.
    • Like x 6
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

But the more adds the more Nth Metal you can collect during boss fights. :D
    • Like x 8
  3. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Trying to switch target while there are like 20 of them from any PoV is frustrating.
    Really wish there's a key specifically for cycling boss/controlled players target >.>
    • Like x 4
  4. Controller Devoted Player

I "LOVE" Adds in boss fights and hope DCUO changes not a thing.

Those adds builds my Super Charges and keeps my Scrap of Soul Cloak happy - which in turn keeps my Group Shields plentiful.
    • Like x 3
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Nth metal is on a timer. 1 constantly spawning add will net you the same as 100 adds.
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

15 minute last boss run...

Just the boss = 1 drop
    Adds and the boss = 3 drops
  7. Apollodarkblade21 Well-Known Player

I love adds in a boss fight it makes me feel like we need the 4 to 8 people. Most of the boss fights or sub bosses are people we beat up in pre30 mission or early episodes like Bane and the robotic custodian we’re expected to believe we’ve been grinding our butts off and they are still just as strong as we are? So we need the adds, mechanics and cheap tactics to make it more believable.
    • Like x 1
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If not for the adds, the calls to nerf prec would be triple what they already were/are
    • Like x 1
  9. Legasei Well-Known Player

The Titans and Atlantis DLCs definitely introduced a new meta for tanks, a meta never seen before in other MMOs. Some players were able to adapt to the meta but many others weren’t and we saw our tank community shrink because of it. The cat & mouse game that tanks must play with adds so others can enjoy burning bosses or securing objectives goes unappreciated much too often.
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

In general I have no issue with the adds that show up during a boss battle. Hey realistically in the comics any time a solo hero or group of them appear to take on the big bad they usually wind up fighting a batch of minions that hang close to him.

I guess my only issue would be with a number of team mates I have been on both alerts and raids recently (now let us keep in mind I tend to just blind que into stuff unless I spot a team leader on the LFG building a team fr a mission I want to do so a lot of time s I have no clue who I am battling with or what their experience level is) That said I have had several occasions where I was the Healer and the battle begins. I am tossing out shields and trowing down heals left and right. Then the adds show up and not a soul even tries to attack and get rid of them. Far too busy, I suppose, trying to get that high scoreboard total... On the Batcave breach I found myself completely surrounded by add during the Bane battle and was trying desperately to stay alive so I could keep protecting my team. Unfortunately when all but one of your attacks either provides a shield or a heal and even that one is described as doing less damage while in the healer role BUT providing a heal to the team mate with the most damage.... You don't last long and after I dropped it didn't take long for the rest of the team to wind up on one knee as well.

Like I said I have no problem with the adds being there but some players need to realize that if you totally ignore their existence things can go bad fast.. Hey if you have three adds standing right behind you firing away while you fire everything at the boss guess what? Add or Boss the attack can and will do more damage when they are shooting you in the back.
  11. Luke® Level 30

To be honest I don’t see your issue with it if your struggling maybe it’s just you, I think ads are perfectly easy to deal with in all boss fights
    • Like x 1
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

It has nothing to do with struggle. If you play older content raids their was much more diversity than bosses/add litter and it was still challenging to beat more challenging than things we get now and it didn’t take every boss in the game being a repetitive boss/add wave show to accomplish that. I’m just wondering what happened to the uniqueness.

For example take sprindrift elite when that first came out very few could complete this raid and if you did it took awhile to beat from the rip. It was a challenging raid that had its moments of add waves like the 2nd boss and then you had a fun challenging last boss that wasn’t really add related but you had so many mechanics that could take you out if you wasn’t on point and players struggled to complete the raid at entry level.
  13. Legasei Well-Known Player

Definitely need more raids like Spindrift. Best raid in my opinion. In that raid every role had equal importance. In more recent content, good tanks seem to be the most valuable assets.
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's what I said. You originally said the more you have in a fight, the more metal you get. I pointed out that as long as there is the one add up when the timers go off (i.e. 1 constantly spawning add) it will net you the same as 100 adds.
  15. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

His point is not that more adds themselves equal more nth metal, his point is that lots of adds = longer completion time = better chance of getting more nth metal because of the timer.
    • Like x 1
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

Adds are a cheap excuse when you run out of ideas for interesting mechanics.
    • Like x 3
  17. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Have you played the new metal man-bat bounty? All that is is one shots and adds. You think "clear out some adds give yourself room to breathe. Nope that just spawns a **** tone of more adds who either one shot you or control you into running right into man-bat one shot. At least with golem you could kill adds and if you learned mechanics you could interrupt a couple of his one shots. Man-bat just looks at you wrong and you get the red aura that explodes and one-shots you and everyone around you. Then there are the spores that just follow people around blasting there aoe attacks chipping away at your helath the mini regular sized metal man-bats and don't forget man-bat decides to land right in the middle of an area infested with the everyday adds roaming the streets.
    • Like x 2
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Was just talking about this today with a friend, remthrone elite back in the day? It wasnt riddled with adds, yet it posed a threat to 90% of the population back then and if you played 2011-2013 you know as I do the population was 10x more skilled than the current population.
  19. Brit Loyal Player

Personally, I prefer "Bunch of Adds" as a generic difficulty increase, rather than "more health, hits harder". Obviously real mechanics is preferable, but a fight like The Machine ends up feeling a bit more involved to me as a healer than what I feel from something like Sea Beast or any of Shattered Gotham. Adds spread damage around in a way that forces the Tank to work harder, and the individual players to be more aware. Having a single boss with a bloated health bar just allows an easy fight to take forever, while I'm watching TV and only half-paying-attention to the computer.
  20. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Like I said before the adds don't really bother me .. IF team mates acknowledge they exist and do damage. Let's all think back a few years when a large part of the community was complaining that the "only" thing the Devs could think of to do to make things more difficult was have every major boss equipped with that one shot AOE attack that could take out more than half a raid team with one blast.

Now compare that to the adds... Yeah they increase incoming damage and force the team to pay attention to everything around them. No technically it is not a :mechanic" but Having played numerous alts in Troll or Healer rolls and dealing with untold numbers of DPS that assume :

1. I don't need to waste a slot for a stack of Soda. "Its the healers job to keep my health up and the Trolls job to get me more power."

2. I don't need to waste a slot for a supply drop..... SEE the statement above in quote marks. Just change that first sentence to "SUPPLY DROP: instead of Soda.

All those pesky adds running around mean every player best keep track of himself or wind up face down in the dirt. No I don't need to duck or Lunge. No I don't need to keep an eye out for the Rad Skull to appear. I just need to pay attention to whats around me and take a second to stop shoot at the boss to defeat that pesky minion clubbing me in the head from behind. :eek: LOL