AFIII mods and Exobytes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Swiftduck, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Dev's,

If you are going to tie mods to specific content and require us to grind and farm for materials only obtainable in the new content, then please I love DCUO so lower the exobyte costs. 24 is way too high.

I would like to get the most out of this game, but i am not willing to quit my job and sacrifice the rest of my personal time trying to farm all this stuff.

Farming for bits is tedious as it is. I understand this is an MMO and i am no stranger to the grinds involved, but you just took a very long grind and made it unreasonable. I will not have the time to partake in this new system, even as a paying member.

thanks for your consideration.
    • Like x 12
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

Considering some raids are 15 min gathering the exobytes for one mod should not take considerably longer.

Add in alts, both roles and PvP and the exobyte cost is beyond absurd
    • Like x 3
  3. LT Schmitt Committed Player

I agree but completely, 24 is a lot if you are doing it for the first time but if you have been preparing since the last DLC it should not be a problem. I'm tripping over exobytes just because they are so easy to get from older content.(exobit clusters)
    • Like x 2
  4. Swiftduck Loyal Player

The way I see it. the Cost should be 16. One stack of Bytes.

My reasoning is because it is tied to specific content. You have to run said content in order to get what you need, therefore by-passing the exponential cost of exobytes and even the need to raise the cost.

They raise the cost of bytes every tier to keep the mod relevant, because obviously if a T6 mod cost x # of bytes and the T8 cost the same it would make sense to just skip to the higher mod.

but, giving the fact you have content specific materials in the recipe, you no longer need a high exobyte cost.

lower the new mods to 1 stack and keep the old stuff at 24, but going forward you can keep making content specific mods whilst keeping the exobyte cost at a reasonable 16 ( one stack.)
  5. Swiftduck Loyal Player

You can prepare for the DLC because we have long downtime but once this cadence gets going, it will become a problem. You won't have this much prep time next time around.
  6. LT Schmitt Committed Player

How? 24 is what T8 cost so if you use a TRK you will have the 24. ERK give you 16-24 so you are almost there. Like I said 24 is a bit much for those who have never made mods before, but after you make your first set it get easier.
    • Like x 1
  7. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Call me cynical but I knew there was going to be a catch to this new gear in the vendor stuff. Now I know how they are going to keep selling replays...
    • Like x 4
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

The new mods require running the AF3 content to acquire the materials. The only way to speed it up is replaying for the extra mats. So raids being 15mins or so really has nothing to do w/it. The OP is saying lower the amount of bytes because the grind for the new mats is a pretty good grind. And we dont need to have another grind (farming a large amount of bytes) on top of that.
    • Like x 2
  9. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Buy VI Syn Mods. The End.
    • Like x 3
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

how dare you :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  11. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

I know, I don't know what came over me. Where on earth would i get such an idea ;)
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I agree, not happy with the amount, I've sacrificed way to much time as it is. I'm not giving up my entire life. Everything has a catch, I just wish we had the AFpt2 era back and pregu36.
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

Well, for that reason exists the broker, right?
  14. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

What confuses me is when we are supposed to mod.

Given that each piece of gear is supposed to make you stronger, are we just not supposed to mod it until we have the vendor gear?

On 1 hand you need to continually equip gear to make you stronger (in a cr sense), but you're then losing affinity bonuses & the stats from mods.

Just thinking for running the elite raids & when SM comes around we're gonna want to be fully modded, but under this system that's not really practical.

I might have this all wrong, just wondered how it works