Advice for Weapons Expert build

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Brit, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Brit Loyal Player

I've been interested in trying my hand at a Weapons Expert character, mostly because I like the aesthetics of the Rage power but I fumble with the Rage Crash mechanic. I spent about 2 hours digging through the Guides and looking for Weapons Expert advice, having never personally tried one before, but all I can find is the same vague references here and there that it is apparently all about Dual Wield and Bow combos, and the Weapon Masteries, and that you spec Precision.

Can any Weapons Experts out there give me a quick breakdown of what sort of powers/buffs I'm supposed to use in conjunction with the weapon combos in order to do a Weapons Expert at an acceptable level of DPS?
  2. L T Devoted Player

I would not expect Rage to do all that well with a Weapons Expert Build.

You could try:
    Galling Eruption - Severe Punishment - Violence - Bloodlust - Redirected Rage - Bezerk

Violence and Severe Punishment both put melee DoT damage, so use them with Bow/Smoke Bomb weapon mastery. You pretty much absolutely positively need to have the Venom Dispenser artifact leveled to 80 or higher to do decent damage.
  3. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

quick breakdown of what sort of powers/buffs I'm supposed to use in conjunction with the weapon combos in order to do a Weapons Expert at an acceptable level of DPS?

there is no quick breakdown - here's my view:
    so besides the precision based augments and artifacts (there are two that will buff 5% for a total of 10%, plus a 3rd of your choice for an additional 3%, maximum total buff of 13%)
    you'll need to respec your generator mods from might to precision as well

you may want to also look at iconic powers - to add to weaponization rating - super strength
    ( I like to pick up cars and smash adds w/3 to 5 hits [medical truck is strongest] )

so you'll always use your:
    trinket buff [atlantean one is the current highest one]
    ( you may also want to run w/a pet trinket like the precision jack o'lantern from halloween event )

and on your power load out :
    weapon buff
    a stun power, or knockdown power
    if you have a multi-stun or multi knock down power - add this as well
    since you may like to get close at times - a shield is very helpful - for those annoying sub bosses

the rest is up to you - such as a sc generator and sc (but without sc artifacts and mods - it doesn't hit as hard)
    or neo-venom boost (see iconic powers)
    or add a pet and pet booster (if available)
    or add another stun, knockdown
    or the less than 35% power (seems to be better w/certain powers, but this could be me)

and don't forget to use precision soder colas

play style:
    use cola (you can check to see if it is in effect - up on d-pad, scroll down to Current Effects)
    use trinket and pet trinket (if you have one)
    weapon buff
    and your choice or either weapon stun or power stun
    again your choice or either weapon stun or power stun
    rinse and repeat
    your choice on whether to jump into melee or use range
    - also your supply trinket with or without orbital is helpful as well -
    note: if you're comfortable w/the multi hit of weapon, you'll use this more often
    again your play style will vary w/scenario and power and weapon

using your skill points
    fill out your weapon - if you do advanced mechanic like dual wield into bow
    9 or 10 for dual wield, 9 for bow - for example
    iconic power points - either 0, 1, or 2 (none, super strength and/or neo-venom boost)
    stats points
    weapons expert = 1
    Critical attack chance = 20
    Critical attack damage = 40
    Precision = 225

caution: fill out from top to bottom - rely on your gear and mods. augments, weapon buff - use points for precision only after maximizing chance and damage (critical attack)
    307 pts required to fill all of the above (19+2+286) - minimum 69 ( 9 + 60 = weapon + criticals)
    with no advanced mechanics/iconic powers ( 9 + 286 ) = 295
    anything extra should go into health and dominance (if you use a shield)
    noteworthy: it's helpful when first building a toon to stay below cr 30 and use your MoVs to fill in Base Mainframe upgrade (all of it)
    just run events and side missions - and go slowly thru journal - you should easily get to 40 skill pts by the time you reach cr 20.
    if you don't have enough sp - *** don't do journal missions **** - continue w/events and side missions
    it's a good tactic to have all of the mainframe filled in before you jump cr

other noteworthy item: get the best gear - elite is good, omnipotence is better

filling in the mods on gear
    for the head - if their is a mod for weapon buff use it
    for the legs - not necessary - but helpful if the resto mod is part of your power load out
    for the back - if their is an accelerated mod for your power load out use it - or berserker mod
    for the feet - depends on your movement -
    flyers - deadly block - the movement mods aren't worthy IMO
    acrobatic - empowered glide (or tumble master - rarely seen now used - but still effective)
    speed - Inertial Innervation
    • Like x 1
  4. Brit Loyal Player

Thank you kindly, Xmen. That was exactly what I was hoping to learn.
  5. Requake Dedicated Player

My theory is a pet power would be the best,
    as pets scale of your level / CR, they are not being affected by your might / prec stats.

I'm not sure how robot sidekick hits, but this is pretty much imperative to be used if not earth or sorcery.

Next to that I suggest finding a spammable power (< 3s cooldown) and a power that adds your power interaction.
    -> My alt is earth and this is working great, especially as the power that adds my power interaction (Unstoppable) is also my supercharge generator

As supercharge I'm currently using neo venom boost for that extra juice on my attacks.

Basically your gameplan would be: Add PI -> Weapon attack -> Spammable while keeping your pet boosted (if using Crystal or Fury)

For weapons you can (/should) use:
    I'm currently running dual wields: the weapon mastery into flurry shot (tap range, hold range) is hitting hard on single target
    For AOE situations my crystal hits for a truck and I will use the flurry shot to get my hit counter up to > 9, so I get the white neck mod buff, then I will start using the explosive shot mastery (hold range, hold range)

If you have played during the weapon mastery era, this all should sound familiar, earth and sorcery were the best at those times for a reason.

Hope this helps!