Addressing Community Concerns and Suggestions for DCUO's Future

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XBlue, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It's completely different now, and you know it. There's actual reasons for people to worry now. Biggest one being lack of communication and transparency. Also can't forget the blatantly obvious drop in population, especially on lower populated servers where it is WAY more noticable. More monetization whilst less content occuring. Blatant money grab attempts. Etc. etc.
    • Like x 4
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

LMAO look everyone, speak of the devil, another money grab right on schedule! (Or is this early and more frequent?)

Players ask for content, and they release it locked behind paywalls. I guess be careful what you wish for...

All the while players have been complaining about it, oh the irony...

Also, what was with what I heard about them making things more expensive after people complained things were already too expensive? They REMOVED content to "fix" it. Ha ha.

What a joke...
    • Like x 3
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It’s not the same game as it was in 2011. Heck it’s not even the same game of 2020. It’s 2024 and almost all the original devs are now gone. This game is not even run the same way as it used to three years ago. Stop being an ostrich putting your head into the sand ignoring the facts around you. If you choose to be ignorant then do so in peace and quiet. But don’t gaslight new players into thinking DCUO is alright when it’s most obviously not.
    • Like x 4
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I'm very surprised no one from management has attempted to communicate in any way let alone any meaningful way to DCUO gaming community, let alone to us here on the Forum. Silence only begets Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt as is already occurring both in this thread and other threads.

Reassurance is needed. We are mid-ways into the first week of March, the final month of the first quarter, with communications from management about the Development Update, the PS5/XBOX client, and the next DLC, which I naively assumed would be deployed by April.

A simple "We hear you and know you have lots of questions which we will try to answer once all is finalized on our end" would be nice too. At least that would acknowledge the community, its concerns, and the promise there will be information to disclose.
    • Like x 6
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

If you can recall, we didn't even get it after the "mass dev exodus" lol
    • Like x 3
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Maybe the new producer they hired Al Rivera is so busy he hasn’t had a chance to even say hello but boy I dunno why a new manager to the company would hide away from the clientele like that? It doesn’t look good. Either he’s been told by higher ups to keep quiet OR he came into Daybreak saw the state of DCUO and went NOPE. Either way if you’re both the new guy and the new new top guy wouldn’t you think giving some sort of reassurance to the playerbase would be smart thing to do?
    • Like x 5
  7. Multiverse Creator League

It would have been an easy Win.....

Make a post introducing Al..... welcoming Angel and MiguelAI to the team.... even if it was temporsry.

It would have done a few things....

A) It would have broken the UBER Radio Silence.
    B) It would have shown that unlike the previous Devs.... the New Devs would communicate with players at least a little.

But sadly instead....
    A) We got an even longer Radio Silence
    B) We got that it is the same thing..... even with different Devs. Despite having different Devs.... same poor communication.

What should have been an easy Win..... became and Epic L.
    How does that happen???

I see people say it's not the Devs fault.... lack of resources... lack of money.... lack of..... whatever.....

But this would have cost $0.....
    Would have taken 5 minutes....
    Again...... would have been an easy very easy Win.

And somehow..... it was beyond the Devs to do such an easy thing.

Hard to believe.... but....... here we are. :( :(
    • Like x 5
  8. Multiverse Creator League

And now would have been a good time NOT to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Now would have been a good time to show that things will be different with them new Devs,
    That things would be better with them new Devs.
    At the very least..... better communication.

But no..... things will be the same old same old.... if not worse.... despite new Devs. :( :(
    • Like x 6
  9. loupblanc Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  10. nncf New Player

There's been a lot of doomsayers on the forums lately and I know it comes from a good place of loving the game. If you only listen to the faults it can ruin your enjoyment of the game. I've loved this game since day 1 and have appreciated the fact that it's become a lot more accessible to newer players. I've been helping my partner level up her account and running old content (via omni's) which has been a great way of spending time together.
    • Like x 1
  11. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

No I think I'll be loud and annoying since that seems to bug you so much. The game is not dying, period
  12. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

The I suggest quitting.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Ok so you’re obviously trying to boldface lie to people who want to know if they they should start playing DCUO if the game may end this year, gotcha?
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I did, back in September. Still hope to fight for a more healthy, brighter, and better future of a game to possibly return to someday, however.

Lately, it's going in the opposite direction.
    • Like x 1
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

My wife and I do the same every weekend. She alternates between different characters and I do the same, keeping the game fresh with the lull in new content. We don't tend to complete new content anyway since neither of us enjoy the day-to-day grind required to get all the latest and greatest stuff just in time for the next release to require the same monotony. I think a lot of the people frustrated on the forums are the same people who enjoy that grind and find older content stale as a result of playing it so much. My wife and I prefer to run content in moderation, and due to breaks from the game, some older content still feels somewhat new to us.
    • Like x 1
  16. Multiverse Creator League

Of course it's not dying.

It's already dead.

What is dead may never die.

;) ;)

Sorry..... I could not resist. ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The recurring theme here is communication. We have a new creative director, what about something about where you worked before, and what you did to turn that game around, who are your influences, what's your connection to DC comics?

Allowing all this existential angst to run rampant on the forums without comment certainly isn't healthy. I know it's been around since launch, and those of us who have in the past defended the game like myself are finding it increasingly difficult to continue doing so.

Ultimately in the end, whether the game continues to run or is shut down will be a business decision, and that's fine. Communicating those intentions to your paying customers is, while not a obligation, certainly a courtesy if you want those players to support your future endeavours.
    • Like x 5