Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Con Dedicated Player

"YEW GOT HIM GUD. ME THINK SO."

:rolleyes:
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The comparison I gave is quite compatible if you look at it from the perspective of the game's development team and Dimensional Ink Games. I'll let that sink in.
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Oh dude, you scored! good work!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

Because those two things are exactly alike...... :rolleyes:

Once again: I worked to get my character to the point that I can beat opponents easier and easier...

HE DID NOTHING TO EARN MY STUFF.

There's a world of difference there.[/quote]
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I worked really hard typing on a keyboard to ask for your stuff. My keyboard warrior skills are bar none. It is completely the same thing. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

Then your argument is still non-existent..... as I still work harder to enter old content to play for the marks that I could earn by beating my opponents.... regardless of how easy it is for me to actually do it.

Kind like pulling apart your horrible analogy.:p
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

You are taking this far more seriously than I am, which is unfortunate. I'm having a lot of fun. In all seriousness, though, I gave you the real reason it makes no sense. I imagine Dimensional Ink Games was losing quite a bit of money from players who were putting forth no effort while people like yourself blew through the content and they spectated. New players had no need to purchase many of the Marketplace items because they "earned" it riding your coattails.

Do you really think getting rewards for no effort is good for business? Do you think that is what the development team envisioned when they designed the content before power creep became an issue? If so, I have some bridges to sell you out east and west.
    • Like x 3
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

There can only be one thing said about people who argue with gifs:

[IMG]
  10. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. The Con Dedicated Player

I hope you don't think that this->:p is a sign that I'm taking this serious.....

First off... You never actually made this argument until this very post.... and... pssssttt... and that still has nothing to do with your comparison.... that was just you asking for stuff that you didn't earn.

Second off - I'm not Dimensional Ink.... and neither are you.
    I'm a player who plays the game that is built on earning marks for beating enemies. I say give me my marks regardless of how strong I eventually become to beat them.

So - Third off - stop saying "no effort". It takes effort to get to that point. It takes effort to log on every day.

Fourth off - I don't care about what other people pay for. I PAY for my character to become stronger. My money is all that matters to me... and I ain't spending it to progress a character that isn't allowed to progress.
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Are you for real with that bit in red? I really hope that is you joking again.
    • Like x 2
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

At no point did you earn the right to get free feats either.
    • Like x 4
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m gonna make it very clear. The effort you put into the game is to get what you have at the very moment. You have 0 rights to anything else that you don’t have. When stats clamp was announced you had plenty of time to prioritize the harder feats to get while they were easy. No where in the ToS does it say that you have any rights to any content being made easy for you. I’m fact it says that they have the right to change thing in the game as they see fit. Which guess what, happens in ALL games. So you earned NO right to have feats made easy to get. The devs add plenty of easy feats every dlc. So you get your easy feats. If you want the harder feats work towards them. If you get them them you earned the right to keep them.
    • Like x 5
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Much like at no point did he earn the right to get free source marks.
    • Like x 4
  16. The Con Dedicated Player

Well... You went from "cake" to "obvious" to "can I have your stuff?" to some weird guy stroking your.... ego.... to "Me told yew allreddy" to you finally saying that you think that it's because Dimensional Ink loses money which is FINALLY a legitimate argument.

Not a very good one, mind you... but, a legitimate one, none-the-less.

As a counter, One could argue the constant creation of things like Memberships, Booster Bundles, Artifacts, Time Capsules, Allies, and Marketplace items should make up for any loss that a player might not spend riding my coattails as I progress through the game.

But, hey... How many arguments of yours can I really pull apart in one night? :D
  17. The Con Dedicated Player

18. The Con Dedicated Player

I never get you "YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS" loons...

I have a right to spend my my money where I want.. That's all that really matters.

And at no point did I ever claim that I want content "made easy for me"... It's a progress-based game.

Technically, I make it easier for myself.
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Clearly, you were only successful with the 'keyboard warrior' argument. Sadly, you did not see that the other argument started from the time that I asked for your account. I had to fill in the pieces for you. But hey, glad you got to stroke your '... ego...' along the way by saying it was an apples to oranges comparison and not a valid comparison.

Congratulations on finally getting there. I was going to ask if you received As in school for no effort earlier, but I was worried you might be one of those sharp kids that did. After our conversation, I think that would have been a safe analogy to make.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Actually I'm more curious as to how many times you can embarrass yourself in one night, but by all means, I'm enjoying it, so don't stop, I'm sure there's more in the tank.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.