Acrobat Variant/Revamp/Marketplace token option

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Original Empress, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Since it seems ideas are being asked of the community by developers more as of late I thought I would revisit this.

I would like a revamp of our current acrobatics movement. The run is fine but I'd like the jump (Space bar) to be replaced with a KONG VAULT like this

[IMG]

The animation is already in game with Cheetah's Feral Lunge.

[IMG]

Tapping space bar 2x gives you a front filp which is great the way it is.
    However RAG (Rocket Assisted glide) and glide in general should look more like this IMO

[IMG]

[IMG]

As you can see the feet are together and the wings, if your character wears wings are uniform instead of lop-sided.
    This is also already in the game because it is the front flip (Space Bar 2X) about midway through the animation. Not only does it look better IMO but also it would make for a smoother transition. The way ACROBATIC GLIDE banks slower, rises and falls and it's inability to hover are fine. After all it's not flight, it's gliding!

....BTW the AFOREMENTIONED SMOOTH TRANSITION DESCRIBED IN DETAIL. HOW TO MAKE IT WORK....
    ACROBAT in full run taps (Space bar) to do a KONG VAULT. At ground level the Kong Vault vaults over obstacles or contacts the ground as with CHEETAH'S FERAL LUNGE and can end in forward roll AND THEN/OR go back to full run. IT IS MORE OF A FORWARD JUMP THAN AN UPWARD JUMP. If (Space Bar) is held on first tap instead of a zip-line the character can borrow the animation from a free falling SuperSpeed runner with hands and feet flailing through the air until it reaches the ground or a building or whatever where it will land on it's feet and continue running or cling to said building. If scaling a wall it will cause the character to leap up the wall. (Space Bar) 2x held second time on a wall will result in scaling zip-line. Tapping (Space bar) 2x does the front flip as before. Tapping (Space Bar) 2x holding second time for glide or zipline. (This also will eliminate zipline when not wanted since (Space Bar) must be hit again and held for zipline or gliding) If gliding already releasing (Space Bar) finishes front flip to landing on feet. Continued forward movement results in roll to full run as before.
    THIS WILL LOOK AMAZING, ADD CONTROL AND CHALLENGE LEVEL FOR RACES, MAKE TRAVELLING FROM POINT A TO B MORE FUN, AND SOLVE THE WHOLE "I DIDN'T WANT THAT ZIP-LINE" PROBLEM.

I would happily pay for a token to change my current acrobat to this.

As for a variant, if there ever is to be one, I would like to see swinging given a shot. I think that the current ACROBAT run and flips could all be the same but the glide and RAG, even the ability to cling to walls could be removed Perhaps replaced with hanging on a cable like Batman and Robin from the old TV show. The animations could really be interesting. The Swinging skill point tree could be a grapple line attack of some sort that pulls the enemy in, same as all the others. For the most part save tanks this power is ignored anyway. Fast Movement. Maybe a mid-air zip line where a sequence of zip-lines are shoot out ahead from one hand and then the other. Most of us who try to simulate swinging in the current ACROBAT do that from building to building anyway. The same animation could be used but reversed as hands are switched. That might be awesome. I think maybe the others could be the same or similar to the current acrobat. Races would be cool. Some gates could be arranged in wide round downward banks to swing through. Other gates might be at the apex of the swing to jump through between line deploys. Still other gates could be against walls where the swingers holds a line while running through the gate on the wall. Up and down arrows could be used to adjust the length of the line. Direction controlled by mouse just like flight but the movement would obviously swoop in a downward arc. I don't think the lines would actually have to attach to anything to make it look good. The line could just go up through the top of the screen. I would say the ability to fly high up in the air was a problem since flight, skimming and RAG can all reach to the height ceiling but then SuperSpeed can't go up there either.

I figured it was finding something to do and how to do it that was holding up the variants. Perhaps no good idea was found and that's why the project was back burnered or scraped altogether. I hope this helps those create juices to flow on variants.
    Thanks
    • Like x 4
  2. WraithShadow13 Active Player

I wouldn't say no to this. As it stands, Travel powers in general need a huge bit of love. There are only three, one with a second skin, and they're all way too stiff for my personal tastes. It would be nice to see them getting a decent update to bring them in line with the game as it is now. I know there are a lot of Speedsters that would love to get a visual effect based on their chosen powerset or it's coloring. Acrobatics in general could use some love as well. I've also posted elsewhere how Acro would be perfect for a teleportation skin akin to skimming as a flight skin.
    • Like x 2
  3. gemii Dedicated Player

Make a stretch movement like mr fantastic xD it can be a new form of acrobat like skimming was the new flight.
  4. Doom Patroller Active Player

You meant "As Plastic Man", right? (I know you didn't, just localizing your suggestion XD)
    • Like x 1
  5. Original Empress Well-Known Player

The ideas I posted would probably not work well as a variant but the swinging would be cool. Naturally Spider-man is the first hero to come to mind but there are DC heroes who travel using whips and lines to swing. Like:
    [IMG]
    Nightwing
    [IMG]
    Batman
    [IMG]
    Black Spider (Suicide Squad)
    [IMG]
    Catwoman (whip)
  6. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Of course....then there's the fact that whips should definitely be a weapon in this game! AAAAARRRRRGH!
    [IMG]
    Beyond cool to the point of shattering on the cryo tip!
    It could Weapon mastery with a sword or shield!!!!! You know for Wonder Woman purposes!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Villans too
    [IMG]
    Lashina