Acrobat Races...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Littlejaytee16, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Seriously... whoever designed the acrobat races in this game.... smh...
    • Like x 1
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Just wait until you try the super speed races. ;)
    • Like x 6
  3. dresserball Dedicated Player

I like the races. On PC you can press / to start over.
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I have never been able to complete many of the SS races. I get too frustrated. Acro ones are actually some of my favorites. There is that one in Metro where you go up part of the way on a building, zip over to another building, then zip the rest of the way up. I just thought that was really fun.
  5. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

You’re lucky they got rid of the Robinson Park acro race. That one was easily the worst of all of them. I literally spent hours upon hours on that awful thing.....
  6. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

I get it. And I can appreciate the creativity that was put into some of the races. It's some next level Parkour stuff. I'm sure the designer was having a lot of fun back when these were being created. It's also entertaining to watch another player run a course.

I'm just surprised by the level of accuracy that's demanded on some of the races given that acro naturally seems to be somewhat of a clumsy movement. For example, often times when you want to glide, you shoot a zip line instead. Or when you want to scale / slide up or down a building the controls will suddenly inverse on you. Also, sometimes when you are gliding and want to "hyper" glide, the toon will drop like a brick instead. Not to mention, the worst one..... you'll stick to anything you come close to like a piece of chewed gum (whether running or gliding) when the movement is turned on.

Now I'm remembering why I switched over to flight movement back when I played the game on the PS3.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Never really had an issue with the speedster races. But the Catwoman race for Acrobats? STILL haven't finished that one with a platinum. :mad:
    • Like x 2
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I can't even get bronze...so you got one on me.
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

With practice most acro races aren't that bad but the Catwoman one is impossible no matter how much I practice it. I managed to get platinum on all but the Catwoman, I can't even get Bronze the timing is too low, the sliding down the building and jumping to the other side really slows you down.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For me it's finding the right camera angles to keep going at a good pace. If the camera flips or goes in too close on you unexpectedly then it's really easy to miss a ring and foul up the whole run.
  11. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I did the races. Got the feats. And immediately changed out of acro. Whoever has that movement mode for their main movement. You are a beast. As for me. I will gladly be either flight or Superspeed. That race next to lex tower in metro was the bane of my existence except for Robinson park... That really was the gate to hell.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I do really wish we could switch off that rubbish little glide so we either zip line or we drop. I’m not Batman and I don’t have a a cape so it looks silly and wrecks my forward momentum.
    • Like x 1
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

my original main, over on the USPC, was acro for ages, right up until they gave us the free skimming token. never again. lol.
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I couldn't even get close for the feat to get platinum without movement tree abilities activated. I looked up a video, studied every corner cut, where to jump, etc. Couldn't eve get within 8 seconds. :(
  15. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Imo they should just let everyone do all races. Just like the seahorse, the gorilla, or the V day races.
  16. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

There's a gorilla race?
  17. AMDRyzen Level 30

It all comes to practice mastery, I do the races without fast movement for fun while waiting for queues.
  18. L T Devoted Player

It's a true race. You need multiple players to run it. There's a whole bunch of different start points that you can see surrounding the park in metropolis
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You don't need multiple players to run them. It's kind of like the Valentine's Day race in that multiple players can run them at the same time, but you should be able to run the races alone.
    • Like x 1
  20. L T Devoted Player

Did that get changed? It used to just make you wait with a "waiting for other players to join" message.