About the DW *changes*

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dirty Fred, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Taymazing New Player

If thats your logic then why not bring balanced between powers? I mean all other tank powers compared to ice.....poop, all heal powers compared to nature......poop, im not saying other powers dont get the job done but in comparison to those, they make things so much easier than the other powers, sorta like the dw jump cancel
  2. Dirty Fred New Player

They havent *Balanced* DWs they made it utterly unusable...
  3. Frankzilla Committed Player

Its just ppls opinion that ice is that much better then fire and earth. I just ran nexus last night with a earth tank by the name of Shermantank had no problems in a 35 min run. I have multiple fire tanks in my league we have no problem running with. The only difference is fire and earth have to be alittle more creative but they are not inferior at all. As far as nature goes its just designed alittle better for this t5 content then other powers im sure was not intended but sorc and nature are on deck to be revamped which im sure a balancing of that power will take place. But before t5 athere really wasnt a outright superior healing class it was the way it was suppose to be depending on the user. Now anyone with enough resto can switch to nature and solo nexus not just anyone could solo prime.
    • Like x 1
  4. MetalMario Loyal Player

I haven't noticed any difference in the melee attacks. Why exactly should melee weapons be good at range?
  5. Frankzilla Committed Player

It isnt completely useless you just cant expect to maximize the damage with a quick clip as before. All they really did was slow dw users down a second to maximize their damage. No other weapon was capable of criting over 4k single and still do good damage aoe. Staff and one hand are single target and blasters doesnt hit as hard single target even when clipped.
  6. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I hope you are being ironic here. "Good aoe damage"?? Errr... if thats good aoe dmg for you i totally understand why you call this a fix. Also, 1Handed deals same dmg as DW with a FASTEST charge, escaling with decent damage from 50% onwards. DW was working the same as 1HD, the only difference was that some dudes were jump cancelling it, so instead of finixing that jump cancelling thing, they nerfed the weapon making it unplayeable for pve. They broke a weapon because they didnt knew or they didnt wanted to take their time to fix a bug, which is still there, and thats SAAAD.
    • Like x 3
  7. Frankzilla Committed Player

Yes I do mean good when compared to 1hand staff and brawling that does no aoe damage, and they cant be jump canceled at all. 1handed charged is hard to clip which makes is slower in a stand point of adding into rotation. Call it whatever you want nerf fix doesn't matter to me but I just think it isn't as horrible as the reactions it is receiving. When you look at dw ranged capability as a whole single target and aoe it balances it with the other weapons as far as damage per second goes.
  8. TheMarvel New Player

If the fix isn't, in some way, scaling damage to the length of the charge that's bad. It should as the others do.

It should do 40% damage at 50%, 65% Damage at 75% and full at 100% (scaled to give a 'bonus' to the full charge. maybe no crits at 50%/75%)

But I'd not say it is ruined.

As a might based DPS (mental) I almost always fully charge DW/Staff (and try to run with a full supercharge). The extra second ± is power regen tick and I can get more out of a might move than a DW clip at 50%. And you can still clip it after the throw.

Just sayin'
  9. Frankzilla Committed Player

I understand that but maybe the fact that it doesn't scale is a bug all in itself. Seeing how it wasn't intended for the game update but just thrown in. Could be possible but the initial intent of correcting the full damage from a quick clip was legitimate. I know there is a lot of hl and gadget users that dont want to hear that but its true. Im gadgets myself and I know the damage we got from dw was insane lol. Mr. Kaiser was criting for 6k with the dw so I know he's upset.
  10. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Let me get my monk blades...
  11. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Mr kaiser wad criting for whatever the crit was but without jump cancelling. Also you cant compare dw aoe with 1hd, dw aoe splits badly, plus no one would use dw for aoe. And about what you said about clipping 1hd range i can clip it without any issue, maybe you need more practice.
  12. Skynin New Player

I have a better idea. I will give you my (now useless) DW and you will push it into your own ***. Deal?
    • Like x 1
  13. Helping Hand New Player

It's ok if you're scared but next time "Say it with your chest lil a** n****"
    :D
  14. Blue Spectrex New Player

Well not everyone has sky high precision, what about us healers with 400 precision? :(
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

This sums it up perfectly.

Apparently they couldn't fix the jump cancel for whatever reason... or were jerks and decided against it... but this is what we got, a damage scaled to the fastest you can possibly do it. BUT unlike Staff and 1h it still has a longish charge if you don't jump.

The idea that a weapon is balanced around a jump cancel is pretty lame.

At the very least they need to remove that forced charge and let you release it like you would staff, 1h or HBs. Or have a forced full charge or nothing type like brawling/2h.

Ideally they would revert the change and fix the jumping but /shrug maybe they can't? Could it cancel completely if jumped? would that make it any better or just worse? /shrug Either way the way they changed it was bad.

It was scaled perfectly with it's forced charge. It was right on par with HB being a little slower than solar flame but slightly higher damage when you had full SC plus the melee bonus but splits HORRIBLY. Pretty sure it just splits after 1, so basically HB will do double the damage in AE.
  16. Miahztwin Committed Player

Actually it was a guy that posted about him getting outdam by 1 mil in nexus by the guy using dw lol He reported it in the bug section i think before GU 30 and a dev replied to it and said "we will fix this"
    ACtually it was the guy that just replied above lol Helping Hand is his name. I'm sorry but you are going to be on hated person Helping Hand
    • Like x 1
  17. Critics New Player

Idk then lol
  18. Frankzilla Committed Player

Lol maybe not jump canceling but you it sure wasn't fully charged attacks. And regardless if ppl use dw for aoe or not its still capable of aoe damage when 1hand is not. I also didnt say I couldnt clip 1handed attack I said it was hard and slow with my rotation compared to the style normally choose. Any how no sense in whining over spilled milk im sure you will figure something better out good luck.
  19. Helping Hand New Player

I'm glad actually, it was a much needed fix. O yea, I'm a nature healer not a dps. I was reporting what i saw in that raid while healing because i had been seeing it for over a month now.

As i said before bring the hate if you really want to just send me the 1v1 scrimmage and we will see who wins.
    :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Miahztwin Committed Player

lol im joking man, but I know some people that dislike you for what you did, Im not one of them though, just so you know haha And I'll gladly 1v1 if u want. What server?
    • Like x 1