About phase dodge

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jockin Jay, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

What does it really do? Am I supposed to take damage while vibrating?
  2. Black Light New Player

You will still take damage because it's essentially like blocking specfically in terms of damage mitigation. It adds to your defense stat which, as we know, has a cap. As well, in case you we wondering, when you use this power, it does not generate threat. Therefore, you cannot grab aggro with it. You can however clip any power with it. I use it most often to cut an animation short to be able to get into a blocking stance as quickly as possible.
  3. Galklife Dragon New Player

Is there a way to tell, or list perhaps, that tells which movement powers generate threat and which don't?
  4. SubArt New Player

Phase Dodge is a great clipping power for a tank. I use it in T5 raids to clip IS and BW; as the animations for both can get u one shotted in the T5 raids. Low Power cost and low cool down, improves Defense, is great to clip with, and saves you a power point... :)
    Haven't tried it yet in PVP, but the description does read something to the likes of making you immune to block breakers.. like I said haven't tested that yet, but could be very useful there if it works that way.
  5. SubArt New Player

Any power utilized while in Tank stance "suppose" to draw aggro, just some are more effective than others. I haven't tried testing to see if PD can draw or retain aggro, I will give it a try later today though.
  6. Statman New Player

I believe moves have to have an aggressive damage component to draw aggro (otherwise they are not hitting the enemy). By aggressive, I mean an initial hit of damage - not reactive like a shields reflection (though the move Reflection does have an initial hit of damage, lol).
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Light New Player

To be honest, phase dodge is the only power I've used as a tank that doesn't draw aggro. I know people have said Earth's and Ice's self-heal supercharges also don't draw aggro so they pop something else right before, but I've never tested it. I'm not sure what the rule is for powers to drag aggro and those that don't. Ice bash, for instance, does not inflict any might damage (unless you start using your weapon), but upon activation, it draws aggro immediately, without having to attack. Personally, in order to be consistent with ice's, fire's, and earth's power description, I believe ALL powers, whether offensive, defensive, iconic, movement mode, or power tree, should generate threat.
  8. Sumeric New Player

I don't think that's entirely accurate. I know you can taunt with gemstone shield in earth without even having to aftershock all the way for the attack.

If you switch over to the combat tab and use a move by the sparring targets you can see what does and doesn't taunt.
  9. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player