A way to improve the game? suit up for the elite content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, Jun 15, 2017.

1. mexmex Dedicated Player

I would love to find a reason to get elite gear, to grind for something else than a SP, or just a piece of gear I might not need anyway to beat the current content. As it is, There is no reason for grinding new modes or new gear, the content is easy enough to be beaten at entry cr.

A solution might be:

1.- place the elite gear in the elite raid instead of the vendors.

2.- Add different loot for each boss, or loot tied to an especific boss battle, so people wont get all gear by running one boss over and over. Make proper difficulty for this changes in elite, the two deaths and you are out, is not a real challenge some times is just luck, and is not the way to go.

3.- And more important once you beat regular, keep the elite option open so the players can pick the raid they feel to play, easy or difficult. these steps are a simple solutions,

I am aware that the reason devs dont want to do it is because they will loose the income from replaying, but is a simple solution to keep everyone happy, casuals and hardcore players.

MAYBE people will start to grind again, because there is a goal ahead, to beat the elite content and get that gear. AND hey maybe we can get some players back, and still people will replay the regular content to suit up for the elite. BUT most important we will have a reason to suit up and chase modes, SP, and Top gear, ONLY THEN THE CONTENT WILL KEEP THE CHARM FOR MORE THAN A FEW DAYS.

As an example using the latest content.
    Open world missions gives you green and some blues to improve your stats. (same if solos or duos)

ALERT 1: REGULAR blue or purple drops
    ELITE(not present) boss 1 blue or purple (any piece) or a chance for an elite ring
    boss 2 same colors drop or a chance for an elite utility belt
    boss 3 same colors drop or a chance for an elite trinket

ALERT 2: REGULAR same as alert one
    ELITE(not present) boss 1 blue or purple (any piece) or a chance for an elite ring
    boss 2 same colors drop or a chance for an elite neck
    boss 3 same colors drop or a chance for an elite mask
    RAID ONE: REGULAR same as the alerts
    ELITE(not present) boss 1 blue or purple (any piece) or a chance for an elite shoulders
    boss 2 same colors drop or a chance for an elite utility waist
    boss 3 same purple drop only or a chance for an elite hands or feet

RAID TWO: REGULAR same as the alerts
    ELITE(not present) boss 1 blue or purple (any piece) or a chance for an elite back
    boss 2 same colors drop or a chance for an elite chest
    boss 3 same purple only or a chance for an elite head or legs

Keep the best gear in vendors. but hey folks to even try elite alerts better get some of this vendors pieces first.
    People will have to choose to pick what raid to do since once beaten the regular, the elite will remain open, but still will both share the loot lock.

And one more thing you might add a special boss fight, that might appear or not in alert and raids regular or elite that drops the collections for the pesky OP items. This might be fun factor to the mix.

And there you go a simple solution for casual and hardcore players, and a meaningfull progression, a reason to grind, and I am sure people will still reset, but the content will keep the longevity for way longer. Actually the game might be better, and encourage more people to play it. This might also bring team play and encourage people to go support roles too. As it is I could care less for the elite, or modes or gear or anything really.
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

No, best gear should always be in the vendor.
    • Like x 9
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Im all for a change because the current elite gear system is not appealing at all imo. Elite gear has turned into a style only with a title. Not really anything elite about that.
    • Like x 3
  4. hoaxone Committed Player

Um.your points 1 and 2,have been the way the game was for years.grinding should not be in the hands of rng.you grind towards a goal,not to reach that goal and it's not there suddenly.
    • Like x 2
  5. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

I made a thread about this a couple months ago and all I got was negative replies. This community is ridiculous. The Devs are not completely killing the game, the community plays a vital role in killing it too. Elite content has nothing to Make a person WANT to run it.

ELITE BOSS GEAR SHOULD BE BEST IN GAME...PERIOD.

I agree with the bosses each dropping different pieces of gear so groups won't jus reset first 2 bosses. All you players that want easy mode gaming, of course you would say vendor. All you gotta do is get the renown and then elite is over. Back to only run regular version for marks. This is really one of the cheeseist problems in the game.

I can really hate this community sometimes
    • Like x 1
  6. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Yes and that was this games best years. Fact.

Greedy brats hated the fact that they ran a raid and didn't get nothing. Boohoo! It was a gamble and that was the fun point about it. It was that much rewarding and satisfying when you did see the piece that you didn't know was coming.

This is wat I'm talking about.

Majority of the player base is full o crap. It is not the Devs fault totally for this games' decline. They do try to listen to us. Unfortunately the info from us is invalid and non creditable due to the fact that they have heard the wrong person's (two cents)
    • Like x 1
  7. xlJETTlx New Player

you have to run elite to get renown to buy elite gear. its a great system. leave it alone
    • Like x 1
  8. Gimpy Loyal Player

There are a lot of us that avoid playing elite content due to the behavior of those who consider themselves "Leet".
    • Like x 2
  9. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I do think The whole elite raid concept needs some changes especially to the lockout...

I like the idea of only having to complete the regular version once ever, or at the very least they could make the PP monthly instead of biweekly
    • Like x 2
  10. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

So wait it was fun for you when the person who was contributing the least to the group (and was probably claiming he was OP or was finding another way to be annoying) got all the elite gear (or most of it) and a couple of the OP items when you never saw an OP item and you only had one piece of elite gear? Good to know.
    • Like x 2
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

You are completely wrong.

What the MAJORITY of players want, at any given time, is clear as day.

They way OVERCOMPLICATE the most basic things, if or when they do implement any of said desires.

How long have you been around?
    • Like x 5
  12. WarriorOfScotland Active Player

Calling everyone that doesn't agree with you "full of crap" is incredibly arrogant. The best gear as rng drops was a HORRIBLE system. Period.
    Good day sir.
    • Like x 3
  13. BumblingB I got better.

So did you like the roll on loot window over personal loot?
    Did you like role gear over unnattuned?
    Did you enjoy getting green gear beating the hardest content in the game?
    • Like x 4
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Maybe giving us the feat for completing the normal set if we complete elite first would be a great place to start for making it more appealing.
    • Like x 1
  15. Backblock Well-Known Player

We def shouldn't be unlocking the elite raid twice a month.
    • Like x 3
  16. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

That's not a fact. It's an opinion.

I share a different one. I do not like having my gearing ability to be hidden being rng. I like earning my gear. Run content, beat content, gain renown, buy gear. It's a wonderful system (IMO), but that doesn't mean it cannot be improved upon. I'm not a fan of how much renown we get currently, but it makes sense since a lot of people spammed the first two bosses of OLY to get their renown up instead of actually beating the content.

I don't agree that this game is in decline. I think it's doing pretty well, or at least I'm still enjoying it.
    • Like x 3
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

People on here won't be happy until this game is Dark Souls Online.
  18. xD25x Dedicated Player

Best gear should only be attainable by beating the best content. Right now you can obtain OP items and never actually defeat anything worthwhile. The elite gear should also be a higher item level than regular vendor gear. The time to stop catering to the Casuals is now. If this game is to return to its previous glory it's time to cut the cord and make people earn what they desire instead of handing everything out on a silver platter.
    • Like x 4
  19. xD25x Dedicated Player

That's not why you avoid elite raids. Let's be honest bro.
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Good luck buying elite gear from the vendor without the renown that is only earned in elite raids xD
    • Like x 1