A Warning To Membership Cheats Like Me

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elijah Seed, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I just purchased another month of membership. For the last five/ six months I've been buying a single month of membership every other month on the LAST DAY of the month in order to maximize my dollars spent by getting ALL of the membership Calendar Rewards for two months instead of just one. I like that I've been able to do this.

However, today after making my purchase then launching the game and logging in on my main character (US PC) the Daily Rewards Calendar was gone. Not completely gone - the tab was still there with Doctor Fate but the actual Calendar that shows all the days of the month and the items to be claimed were completely missing. And it said at the bottom of the tab that there were no rewards available at this time.

This "bug" looked an awful lot like the Daily Rewards Calendar bug that has been an issue for me and other players that play on both US PC and EU PC. With that bug we've just had to wait a few days for the Wizard(s) behind The Curtain to fix it so that we can collect our rewards for the month (I suspect that we will have to do this again in July.)

So, I logged out of my main character which is on US PC and switched to my one and only EU PC character to see if my membership rewards were locked over there. And they were. So, I went ahead and collected my Calendar Rewards on my EU PC character and now just have to hope I have enough Replay Badges to unlock the styles on my main character.

If you're like me and only buy a month of membership at a time every other month on the LAST DAY of the month AND play both US and EU AND you find your Calendar is missing - log over to the other region and see if your Calendar is locked over there to collect what you paid for. Just a headsup that your Calendar might be bugged, too.

And let's hope they don't "fix" this cheat any time soon (or ever.)
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I love how you find all these exploits with the daily reward system and then proceed to share them here of all places. Buy one month sub and get two months of rewards? Yeah that's definitely getting fixed.
    • Like x 7
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah I did the 2 month double dip for a few months. Till I built up enough Destiny tokens to last a while and realized I needed nothing else from membership, even bi-monthly. Never saw this 'bug' but I have never switched to the EU either.

And although quadruple dipping for EU and US (kudos by the way) might be a bit over the norm, I would not call it a 'cheat'. They 100% knew that people would sub up at the end of the month and collect the full month's reward as well as the next month. It was very clearly stated when the system launched that you could do so, and (I'd guess) as in the end you subbed for a month...they are fine with it. If there were some active work to make this NOT happen, it would be a bad idea as it will not incentivize anyone to sub that month past day 21 if you cannot claim the previous grants. Might as well wait for the new month in that case....and that's subs lost.

In the end, I also figured out that as 6x $15=$90, it's only a $30 savings over the year sub (US currency), so while it's nice...It's not a huge savings, especially if we were to get a membership sale again ever....those generally came in at $100 for the year.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

'Fix' What? It's by design. You can sub up any time during the month and claim the rewards for the day's you've logged in already. I'd have to look it up, but this was asked and answered when the system launched. As long as you logged in for those days, and subbed later, you can go back and claim the previous days. I think this was also covered during the launch livestream when they talked about daily rewards and membership.

So your thought is that if someone subbed up on the 22nd of the month, and had logged in all 21 days prior, they'd be on day 22 of free and day 1 of membership? Or maybe they get 8 days of the so valuable Fate tokens?

And guess what...it works the other way too. If you are subbed and log in all 21 days, but didn't claim for some reason, then your sub ran out...you don't get to claim the days you missed...even though you were on AND a member for them.
    • Like x 3
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i mean thats a basic logic flaw that was partly intended i guess. Its a known strategy for sales sometimes. In the end you still paid for 2 memberships within 3 months. Its stilll better than nothing.
    On Ps it doesnt make sense tho since a 3 month sub costs as much as 2x 1 month subs.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It would be 2 in 4 months, but yeah...you paid 2 times which is more than 0.

And where are you seeing a PS 3 month $30? At the yearly $120 rate...yes, but last I looked the 3 month sub was something like $38 or so.

Unless you are on a re-occuring grandfathered rate. I had that my first year $30 for 3, but that was a BF sale rate that kept going as long as I kept renewing it.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That I am aware of and have zero issue with. It's the paying once but getting rewarded twice when everyone else is paying once and only getting rewarded once that I see the huge design flaw.

Nothing makes sense with this game's subscription model any more.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

You could also just, you know subscribe like normal lol, but I appreciate what you're saying nonetheless.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That's FOMO....but yeah, I'd agree. I'd encourage everyone who subs monthly to go to bi monthly and renew on the 27th or so (that way you can catch Feb by the 28th). Maybe they will re-instate an annual sale....which would discourage the practice. Right now, there is no reason to sub monthly really save the 500 loyalty/DBC, some replays and the ability to trade cash.

This is the design they came up with. Don't hate the players...hate the game.
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I always get the yearly membership. It auto-renews now too.
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

What's with you people and overcomplicating details nobody relevant cares for?
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]