A vow I once made and can no longer keep..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by inferno, Jul 23, 2017.

1. inferno Loyal Player

A long, long time ago in a DC universe far, far away....

I was a Fire user who had just graduated to Cr 30. I didn't know what I was doing. There was too little guides and too confusing, so I would patrol Gotham and beat villains to a pulp.

One night as I flew over Gotham, I saw an opening in Ace Chemicals and went inside to investigate, not realizing I had just entered a 4-man job I was quickly trashed and humiliated. I tried and tried but the results were the same until my CR had plummeted to zero, my gear was trashed. My head hung in shame, I turned towards the door but before I left; I faced those ads and made a vow and swore, "Someday, I 'm gonna come back here and kick your butts all over this place." I did that at CR 85.

Ever since then, for every new content, every hard instance duo, alert or raid that I encountered in this game; I would swear and gleefully anticipate the day I would come back and kick every NPC's, every boss to a pulp and splatter them on the walls.

Sadly, once GU73 comes Live that will no longer be a possibility. In the final days of testing, I went into Nexus at CR 190 and was destroyed within a minute. Panicking, I went into FoS 3 and lasted only a few minutes more. The Batcave? The same results. After my defeat in Kahndaq, I knew something vital had been taken away. Something that I always looked forward to, the ultimate step of progression; to be a god-like toon in an instance. To stand amidst a dozen ads and bask in their violence and damage not seeing my health go down and with a might fist to the ground bring all those violent Npc's to the ground.

I was, and still excited about the changes in combat mechanics. As my main is top cr with an almost completed feat list, I will no longer go into the lower instances for any reason. I don't see any motivation that would make me go in there and be reminded that once I was demi-god in there, but now only a surviving fighter. I had made 14 heroes and 14 villains' one for each individual powerset and they will be the last. Thankfully, all are above cr 166. If there had been an option made that allowed me to continue to enjoy my hard work on progression, it would have been a much better route.

I am sad for all those others that will come before me and no longer be able to experience what I once did.
    • Like x 3
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Im not on test, but i keep hearing this and hope its fixed. I need to run lower content for salvage gear.
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

4. Backblock Well-Known Player

I run old content just for material farming.
    Its a shame that it's going to come to somewhat of an halt.
    If only the devs could stop flooding the T8 salvage loot table with residue and dismantled panels...
    That would be a good start...

Perhaps players aren't aware of the possible future where complex and simple could be put in the marketplace, its as if they they can't possibly fathom the thought of being nickeled and dimed further.
    We already can get complex mats out of tcs, so it isn't too far off from being a reality.
  5. inferno Loyal Player

@philosophy - I'm sorry but all the replies they have made from testers that have brought this up has been somewhat vague. They were mostly concerned with the consistencies of damage and difficulty from the content. It was hard for me to test out the consistencies, as I could not get over the fact that it was consistently hard.

I know the DeVS are still thinking and discussing things through. I am not saying this may be what going to happen and be forever the new way of levelling in dcuo, but if it is? Enjoy, these last few days.

Winter is coming.

***hahaha, sorry couldn't help the GoT fever.***