A Suggestive List of new DCUO Activities/ New Rewards

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

So another thread inspired me to make this one but rather than comment in that one I wanted to outline a few ideas to where people can just comment on those ideas.

Create fast action time events that range from the following: In pvp certain versions are competitive action time events that rewards bonus marks to which group finishes. These open world events are on their own timers, and reward a new currency linking to all current open world events and future ones added.

I could only think of 5 events, since hostage situation was hard to think of on a development side and how to accomodate both hero and villain. So put down below what you think, what could be added as far as content/rewards, etc.

Bank Robberies-
    Hero: Join Gotham SCU to help stop a bank robbery where the robbers have hired supervillains to help with the heist. Various feats are added to this action time event including defeating the random iconics that show up.

Villain: Defeat the Gotham SCU and any heroes that show up. Various feats are added to this action time event for defeating the random iconics that show up and if you successfully rob x amount of banks.

Stop the Nuke Robot(PVE Only event): This action time event takes place over a large area of metropolis. Time limit= 45 minutes

Both Hero and Villain team-up event: Brainiac has constructed a massive nuclear robot outside of Star Labs that is slowly heading to Metropolis City Hall. Brainiac has summoned some of his best constructs to defend checkpoints while the robot makes it to city hall.

Every Construct in the game will make its presence during this event. Nuke Robot every 1 minutes casts absorb exobyte energy which damages all players in a 25m radius for 10k damage. And every 45 seconds for 5k damage.

Action Time event is deemed a failure if Nuke robot reaches City hall or Brainiac Constructs charges the nuke to 100 percent.

Rewards 50 marks of Villainy/Heroism.

Stop the Horde:
    Defend the Police station/ Defend the Hideout: This event can happen at any policestation/hideout and only rewards for the perspective sides.

Hero: Stop a massive wave of villains attacking the local police station. Random iconic villains will also show up.

Villain: Stop a massive wave of police officers and iconic heroes attacking the night club.

Rewards 10 marks of Villainy/Heroism.

Hostile Takeover(PVP enabled action time event):

Calculator has hired a small team of villains to break into Wayne Tech and steal and download massive amounts of data.

Hero: Defeat the villains outside protecting the building inorder to deploy Oracle's counter bot to stop the file transfer.

Villain: Defeat the heroes outside trying to stop the download process and destroy Oracles counter bot.

Action time event is complete when Calculator's hacker bot completes the download, Or if Oracles counter bot fries the hacker bots CPU.

Rewards 10 marks of Villainy/Heroism

Zombie Apocalypse:

Zombies have invaded Robinson Park in Gotham.

Hero and Villain Teamup(PVE Only): Stop the massive horde while defending the blockade stopping additional zombies from entering the city. For each hero/villain that is KOed, an xpulger zombie will spawn and run towards the Grand Mummy and Mind Controlled Solomon Grundy.

Action time event is deemed a failure if all barricades are destroyed or if time runs out.

PVP Phase version of event: Kill tally is added to the area. The side with the most kills at the end grant bonus 10 marks to completion.

Rewards 25 marks of Villainy/Heroism

Rewards from Action Time Events:

Brainiac Digital Material
    Brainiac Digital Invasion Aura
    Wayne Tech Digital Aura
    Brainiac Digital Avenger iconic suit
    Gotham SCU Combat Suit
    Gotham Rogue Combat Suit
    2 new hairstyles( TBA)
    Gotham SCU henchmen/backup trinket
    Wayne Tech Satellite Laser Orbital Strike trinket
    Non-combat miniature Solomon Grundy pet.
    Wayne Tech Base Items
    Dual Stat generator mod plans
    Omnipotent Boots of Defending Plan

Devs will choose the cost. If some of these are instanced based or not. And how they can monetize for replays, and if they want this free to all, members only, or apart of a special DLC. Estimated development time: 1 year
    • Like x 14
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

U need a TLDR :p j/k btw. I like the ideas. +1 from me.
  3. The_fair_1 Committed Player

These are actually pretty good let's get the devs on it
  4. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I like some of those.
  5. Eve YouTuber

Would love to see this, but kind of had enough of brainiac. I know hes the main bad guy of DCUO,
    but he got enough attention as it is. But more mats and auras are always welcome. :D
  6. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

sold, Sold, SOLD!!!!
  7. Ully Committed Player

I love these ideas. Its a great way for the community to come together and participate in open world events.
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

And by "participate in open world events" you mean "melt the servers until they have to restart them".
    • Like x 1
  9. Saami Loyal Player

10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea this was the issue I was thinking about. That and the PS3 framerate and lagg that appears when alot of players are in 1 confined space. To where they might have to phase cap or do private zones that limit the amount of players that can participate.