A Place To Chase

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Version San Diego, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Version San Diego Active Player

DPS chasing will not stop if there is a scorecard. It is what it is. Even I like to dps at times, just to make sure I can do decent damage. Do I need to be top dps, no but still want to be somewhat close because I want to pull my own weight when not healing. I am not going to chase Johnny around the room and get acouple of group members knocked out just to get numbers. I think they need to add an event so we can compare the numbers of the chasers.
    A non resettable solo instance, a trial of sorts. Queue in, hit a cog, all consumable buffs gone and no trinket usage. 3 runs with 3 parces at 30 60 90. Take the average. Do this on solo and multi target. Results get tallied weekly. 6 new statues in watchtower. 1st 2nd and 3rd at solo and multi. Plus a list to 50 or 100. Names and powers listed. We can then see who produces damage. Also if you notice 75 percent is of a certain power or two gives info on imbalance.
    Just a thought.
    P.S Stop making me spam just because you like standing in fire. Be nice to trolls. Have your pet spayed or neutered.
    • Like x 1
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea, or we can just use raids.
    • Like x 2
  3. Version San Diego Active Player

Sorry must have offended you by trying to think of something new to add to the game. Please return to doing the same thing over and over in peace
    • Like x 1
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

It's a cool idea, but can you honestly tell me they're gonna do it?
    There's already a general consensus on damage and/or damage potential. We all know what powers perform on bosses, adds, mobile fights, ranged fights, fights with multiple bosses etc. due to basically all the testing that's been done up to this point. We know what the outliers are, and we know what things are generally balanced and need no further tweaking.

The is a large part of the community that does not want to create a wider divide in the player base by promoting elitism and favoritism. Humans will do that anyway, no need to speed it up.

If you're feeling competitive, whats wrong with picking a raid without johnny flash to do your dps comp? The community isn't that large, many of us already have a scorecard of players we judge as good and bad. Anyways im rambling..

Also... The chat log cant even handle a few paragraphs at a time.....so what is a live, online 50 player scorecard with multiple categories for your timed runs gonna cost anyway?
    • Like x 1
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Names and powers listed? You know all its going to say is:

Rage
    Rage
    Electricity
    Earth
    Rage
    Rage
    Rage
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Sorry didn't mean to come off rude. Just saying its a huge project. But i like the idea.

Maybe a live player scorecard with like 10 names? Who knows.
  7. Version San Diego Active Player

Sadly, no I don’t think the devs would do it. There are ample things that need fixing first. I don’t like pvp but it needs to be fixed. Balance issues, weapons, trolls. This was mearly a different angle to bark up a tree. Just hoping to spawn any ideas that can help the game. Maybe bring a different approach to add something more than an updated scorecard(which was sorely needed).
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

I think it’s a good idea. I don’t really have an interest, but some of the uber-competitive people would really enjoy it. The info could be helpful to the devs for balancing purposes. It would take time for them to develop, but not a bad medium to long term plan. Think like a dps race or a short 1-person survival mission.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, i do like that idea and despite the common despise of scoarboard chasing, i think it is actually fun at some times ^^ not while random Qing, but if running stuff with league and friends... sure: the total dammage doesn't show more than that, but it is also something you can use to improove yourself when compairing with eachother. well, that is comming from a WE player, as such i normally end up as last dps in most cases even when my CR is maxed out and against much lower geared ppl. still, i think that the scoreboard is not a bad thing at all and competing with eachother is something good ^^ now, i guess you could have a solo were you would have to get through as fast as possible, not only dammage would be essential, but also movements and maybe how you counter could lead to a faster playthrough... that way, the game would have a speedrun competition. best times on server would be shown both in the watchtower aswell as in the hall of doom. maybe a statclamped solo, so it would allways stay at the same for everyone... i know i would participate on that just for fun!