A nobody returns after about a year.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jamos, Mar 12, 2017.

1. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

The game is expensive only if you choose to make it expensive. I
    Depends on when you left, but Mental is pretty OP (broken OP in fact), fire... is probably about the same relative to other powers as when you left, and quantum... probably got nerfed by a cap on time bomb's damage while you were gone. Again, though, depends on when you left.
    • Like x 1
  2. Controller Devoted Player

Ok, here's some perspective for the OP -

Before I started playing this game I spent upwards of $90 - $120 dollars per month on video game entertainment (XBOX).

Now? I spend $15.00 per month for Legendary membership. I get 150 replays for free at beginning of month, 500 SC per month, 6 stabilizers per instance per day AND no more than $40.00 per month on extra SC.

For the most part I spend only $55.00 per month on this game - if that. And I'm having a blast. I have collected only 10 or so SPs from the TCs and really have no desire to collect the others unless the price drops substantially.

The gist of my post here is that I'm spending LESS for my entertainment than EVER when I was on a console. Granted this is really the ONLY game I play but I hope you consider ALL sides for your return to this game and don't let one side (either way) color your opinion on this game.

Some players here have forgotten how good this game is until it's gone.
    • Like x 1
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

I see people giving advice but then saying ignore the comments in this thread and play the game and try it out. So does that mean the OP should ignore the advice ya just gave em? The advice about playing the game and trying things out?

Plus if the OP didnt want any advice or want to see comments from people then why start a thread like this? I also see it got said content got larger? lol when exactly? Dlcs before were pretty much the same size as AF3. Monthly content over 3 months was pretty much the same as AF3 and both of those had shorter shelf life. And prom boxes are like TCs? :confused: Maybe the OP should ignore the comments in here LOL

OP i know i already said something but like ringz said if your're coming off a financial crisis and are looking for a game to play in the long term id say maybe dcuo isnt for u. Getting to end is even faster these days. But the playerbase is weaker for a number of reasons. CR differential is still in the game so atm CR is all that really matters. Time capsules have been added to the game. They drop every 20 mins. Ya need keys to open them. U can get keys 2 ways. One, buying them off the MP. Two, run the duo in the event tab and depending on if you're f2p, premium, or subbed u will get 1 key over a matter of a few days.

There are some really cool styles in the capsules. There is also gear that attunes to your CR. It tops out at the 2nd best gear in the game right now and all the gear sets and styles have feats. Roughly 5 or so SP in every capsule and there has been 3 of them so far. Currently all 3 capsules are available because they just brought back the previous 2. Oh the drop rates on more then a few items are extremely low which means its very hard to obtain the styles and feats.

If you're gonna play casually then all of this^ wont really matter. U can skip the capsules and take your time getting to end game but it will still go somewhat fast. Maybe try to find a casual league to help ya a little and just play and have fun. U can skip the TC stuff if u want. Also dlcs are now called episodes and events are replacing some episodes. So we arent getting the same amount of content really. If you're a big comic fan then they have added some cool stuff. Darkseid is now in the game in his own raid and the war of the light storyline and amazon fury storyline has been finished. AF3 is the latest and most current episode. Wotl finished with monthly content and nekron is the last boss. The ending to that one was kind of a disappointment because it was very anti climatic. But still cool to see. Some new iconics were added in too. There is new emblems and auras also. Id say sub for a month and play. See what ya like and dont like and at the end of that 30 days make a decision.

If ya have any questions or need help with anything my toons names are in my sig. U can send me a pm on here or ingame and ill help any way i can. For real dont hesitate to ask. I dont have much to do these days as a player and dont mind helping. And fire is pretty much the same, mental is pretty OP and quantum is not that great, same with rage, not great. A revamp is coming but most likely 3-6 months down the road.
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Welcome back! Others have hit some of these, but I thought I'd give you a handy list:
    • There's a new person in charge and a new mantra - "Try new things"
    • Change from monthly content - there are no longer monthly releases of two pieces of content
      • Content releases - Amazon Fury 3 was the first, and it came out in December with open world, 1 solo, 1 duo, 1 alert, and 2 raids (both with elite versions). The next planned release is around June. You must be near end game CR to participate.
      • Major events - In January, there was sort of a trial run with the Antimonitor Anniversary event, and the first major event since they announced this would be a regular thing is the Starro event coming in April. Anyone above level 10 can participate. Stats are normalized. (E.g., for Antimonitor, everyone was CR 230.)
    • Scalable gear - gear that you get from new content will attune to an item level based on your current actual CR. This is important to take note of when you're switching from episodes that give loot with fixed item levels. If you're not paying attention, you can accidentally attune that new purple weapon to an item level lower than what you have. In the current episode, save your purple drops until you hit 184, and then they'll attune to the maximum item level that drops. Purple gear drops in the AF3 solo and duo, in addition to the alert and raids.
    • Best gear in vendor - in AF3 you use Ancient coins to buy the best gear in the game. You still earn marks for paying rent, buying styles, etc. You can also buy elite gear after getting renown from running the AF3 elite raids. There are no elite gear drops. The vendor prices are about 50%-80% higher than previous vendor gear.
    • Discount vendor price after completing the set - for your second set of armor or for your alts, if you have the feat for getting the AF3 vendor armor, the main pieces (not weapon, mask, ring, necklace, trinket) cost half as many coins
    • Revamp - there is a major redesign effort underway. I can't summarize it here. As the devs update the revamp, it goes up on the test server for a few days. There are many opinions about the revamp. If you have the time and a PC, I encourage you to test and post feedback. They are definitely reading the feedback and it is influencing the revamp. I believe the plan is still to have the entire revamp completed and tested before any changes make it to Live.
    • Things that haven't changed
      • Life is easier with a good league
      • Nature and electricity are weak DPS powers
      • It's easier to run raids with your league or an LFG group than to queue
      • It's easiest to get feats when content first comes out
      • People are always looking for a good tank
      • If you're not having fun, its probably time to take a break ;)
    I tried to make this fact-base. I agree with those who suggest playing the game to see how it feels to you. I see the perspectives of people who are frustrated or concerned, but I still really love playing.

Congratulations on your change in fortune that brings you back to the MMO world. I hope you have a great time here or wherever you find a game you enjoy!
    • Like x 3
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

its not even being 'anti-dev' its being realistic on how the game is, the OP asked what he had to look forward to and luke responded based on experience, which many seem to share that same experience.
    • Like x 1
  6. Swiftduck Loyal Player

It's no ones fault but your own if you have no self control and spend your money on this pointless crap. You can play the game just fine without ever having opened a single time capsule
    • Like x 2
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

Some people have real lives and don't have the time to buy every complex stack at 500k and put each single complex back in the broker for 75k. Js.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

You do understand SOMEBODY is paying for the tc if it in the broker
  9. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Yes. I don't see how that affects me other than if everyone quits spending I will be able to get less feats. We can cross that hypothetical bridge when it comes up since they would probably re-evaluate the "success" of time capsules when that happens.
  10. mexmex Dedicated Player

There is a lot new, forget all the negativity, if you are not a feat chaser, or obsessed to get all the styles you will be fine, the content is so easy that is not need to be top dog to beat anything. Nothing really new same mechanics, some old same old, maybe just once you get to AF3 all the drops will unattained to a different cr according to your own cr, that is the main thing I guess, So good luck
  11. mexmex Dedicated Player

T
    I think there is a bit difference between NEED THIS vs WANT THIS.
    I hate replay and I hate time capsules: But none are needed to keep up or enjoy the game, unless you want to be top dog the first days of new content.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea thats true.
  13. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

[IMG]