A newbie 's questions

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Khalil Kelso, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Khalil Kelso New Player

Hello guys, I started yesterday playing this game an I reached until this moment level 18, but I too many questions to ask because somethings I didn't udnerstand them and if it is possible you help me, I know I'm going to ask a silly and foolish questions because unfortunately I still ignore many things about this game till now.
    So the first questions what's the utility of the Power/Pouvoir in french (my game is set on french because I can't speak/understand very well english). When I click on "i" (inventory) and check my stats I didn't udnerstand the utility of Power but in otherside I understood that increasing my Strength makes your powers more stronger which means you do more damages to your rivals.
    -Second question is about the accuracy, I'm a hand-blaster Ice and I don't care about the accuracy and don't use the gears that increase my accuracy, so should I care about the accuracy or no because I'm presuming the accuracy is useless as my weapon is hand blasting I don't hand blast my rivals from far, I choose my target then attack them and mostly I do not miss my hand blast shotsin contrast of the weapon bow or for example a sword or hammer, when you have a bow you need accurate your shots when yo uattack someone with an arrow.
    so can you tell me guys should I focus on teh accuracy as a hand blaster or not.
    -third and last question, I've seen people talking about PVE and PVP gears that the PVE gears are stronger then a PVP gear and someoen wearing a PVE gears can beat someone wearing a PVP gears easily, is that true?
    AGAIN SORRY FOR THOSE STUPID QUESTIONS AND SORRY ABOUT MY ENGLISH, IM A FRANCOPHONE GUY, I HAVE MANY THINGS TO DISCOVER IN THIS GAME THATS WHY I NEED YOUR HELP, THANK YOU VERY MUCH ASWELL SORRY IF I DIDNT POST THIS THREAD IN THE APPROPRIATE SECTION.
  2. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

1. Power = available energy/power to use your abilities. It probably has some effect on regerating/generating power but not enough to help.

2. Might increases the damage of your powers. Accuracy(Precision) increases the damage of weapons, some combo powers like rage/hard light.(has nothing to do with hitting or not hitting targets). Ice power = might, no precision.

3. I do not pvp.
  3. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

Je ne suis pas francais mais je essaye t'aider.

1: Pouvoir donne toi l'energie a utilser votre pouvoirs. Ta armure donne toi beaucoup de pouvoir alors il a fait le travail pour toi deja.
    2: Peut -etre tu es embroille car ll ya ne pas des stats d'ameliorer ton accuracy. Pour l'arme tu as besoin de le precision que ameliore ton dommage avec l'arme. Pour ameliorer le dommage de votre pouvoirs tu as besoin de Might[ puissance en francais je pense]. En ce moment c'est d'accord et mieux a utilser l'arme devant lvl 30 mais apres c'est essential a utilser votre pouvoirs car c'est plus fort si tu utilse correctement.
    3:La Armure de pvp est pour tuer les jouers seulement. Mais c'est vieux car il ya un manque de change et le Armure de pve develope souvent alors le pvp a devenu faible.

Ton anglais est bien.
    J'espere que tu peux a comprendre chaque chose que j'ai dis. C'est mieux si tu demande sur le jeu si il ya les personnes qui sont francais. Tu peux a demander dans le canal RUG ou Echanger. Il ya beaucoup de personnes la.
  4. Khalil Kelso New Player

Thanks very much, I should not care about accuracy even if my weapon is hand blasting and focus essentially on Power and Might to increase them right ?
  5. Khalil Kelso New Player

Thanks man I've understood all what you said except one thing, as Ice I shouldn't care about accuracy even if I'm hand blaster and focus on Might and Power increasing them right ? also man a brief question to upgrade my inventory slots ?
  6. IamINC Dedicated Player

@DEVS this is why new players need a solid , well though out tutorial in game and not skip content options.

Op I hope you got the help you needed , if not feel free to message me and i'll explain what I can.
    • Like x 2
  7. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Exactly! I just hit 92 days in the game and I had luck on my side this time (Third time I tried the game) having met a friend IRL who was able to answer a lot of questions for me. I was writing a (90 day review) of things that I thought should be fixed, but I figured it would be knit picked by people here on the forums, and thus I abandoned the idea two or three times in a row. #1 on my list was upgrading the mentor/tutorial system to actually teach players things. There was so much that I had to learn the hard way, by failing.
  8. IamINC Dedicated Player

I've been a advocate of a tutorial in DCUO for a long time along with several others on here but it hasn't really gotten any traction , If I can help at all with anything feel free to PM me , I will advise where and when I can or ask people you know in game , you can of course post questions here but be prepared for some a holes to comment sarcastically :p
  9. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

I tried to explain that accuracy cant be improved. It automatically locks on to the targets.
    Remember: You need Might to improve attacks using your power. So when you use Ice powers you need might to do good damage. Might damage are yellow numbers.
    For your weapon you need precision to improve the damage. Precision damage are white numbers.
    As i said your armour gives you lots of power so you dont need to worry about power.
    To upgrade your inventory slots you need a legendary membership or you can buy them separately.
  10. Devlyka Level 30

if you're on us playstation server feel free to message me. (Devlyka) and I can help ya out and explain/show you more about game.
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Accuracy/Precision increases weapon damage
    Might increases Super Power damage
    Power is your mana/magic bar
  12. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Ice DPS = Heavy use of abilities, no need of weapon= Might
    Ice Tank = not concerned with damage at all but relys on weapons for generating power = Precision (After tank stats/skills only)
  13. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Yeah I was starting to write a pitch where essentially each power had a mentor dedicated to it. One for each side. An example would be Nature having Swamp Thing for heroes and Poison Ivy for villains or Sorcery having Constantine and Foust. I think in the abandonned proposal though I tried to use characters already in the game to make it even easier for the developers. Like replacing Constantine above with Dr. Fate. I figured if I posted it that people would knit pick at it, derail it, and it would just be a waste of time on my part. I planned on submitting it directly to Mepps but I was giving an overall list of suggestions and I just aborted the idea before poking the rattlesnake with the stick.

Currently my main character is 201 CR with 161 SP. Most of my questions would pertain to feats or loadouts and whatnot. In my now 93 days I have 6 alts aside from the 201 character for a total of 7 characters. 5 out of 7 are terrible. I can respec them for a bit of difference but even reading guides and stuff I am still lost on some powers like Celestial. Still, if anything comes up I will keep the offer in mind. There are often really small questions that emerge.
  14. Khalil Kelso New Player

Thank yo uvey much guys now I managed to understand the difference between of Power and Might, Power is kind of your energy/mana, when you increase the pwoer your mana gets increased same as when you increase your health and might increases your powers damages, so I should focus essentially on the Might more than the Powers but the problem is the (Précision=Accuracy) as I said I'm a hand blaster I do not use weapons such as sword or hammer or somethings like that, for example I guess someone who has a bow as a weapon should increase continously his Accuracy so that when he throw arrows he doesn't miss the target but me I'm using my hands and when I use them I don't miss my target.
    so just a last question as a hand blaster Accuracy isn't important for me or important ? just to be sure :p
  15. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Accuracy/Precision has NOTHING to do with hitting targets. It only controls weapon damage. Does not matter if you use a 2hand sword, a trash can lid, an assault rifle or a roll of toilet paper. Hand Blasters are a weapon, precision affects the damage.

If you are using your weapon as a DPS Ice toon you are not playing to your max potential. Find other Ice players in-game and have them show you how they play.
  16. loupblanc Dedicated Player

DCUO is not an FPS game. There is no such thing as a head shot scoring more points. Do not equate Precision with Accuracy. That is the wrong way to think about it.

Think of it more in terms of range. Every attack (weapon or using powers) has a specific distance range and target range.

Some weapon attacks or powers are single-target. Some weapon attacks or powers have an AOE, and hit multiple targets. Some AOE weapon attacks or powers are frontal conal only. Some weapon attacks or powers are 360 degrees AOE. Some weapon attacks or powers are 180 degrees AOE.

Basically, once you are in range, your attacks will hit. Generally speaking, going nearer or further from the target does not increase the damage. As far as I know, there are exceptions. Eg. For Sorcery and Earth, the nearer you are to a target, the bigger the damage that the pets cause. For Ice, you get the best damage from Avalanche by staying at max range.

One thing to note is target locking. You can set target locking to be automatic in the settings. But you should turn off automatic target locking. Assign keys/buttons to turn on target lock as and when necessary. In PvE, generally you don't need to target lock until you reach a sub-boss or final boss fight.

Since Ice has a mobile Advanced Mechanic (AM) for DPS, its better to not target lock, allowing you to switch targets easily from a target that is about to die to a target with more health that you can burn down with your AM for bigger damage numbers and bigger bragging rights on the damage scoreboard.

It pays to note when attacks are incoming and how and when and where to dodge and re-position into a safer area for more effective DPS, and less deaths.

Do refer to youtube videos to see how others utilize the Ice AM and then ask questions on the forum if you do not understand something.
  17. loupblanc Dedicated Player

As for effective assigning of Skill points for DPS:
    - Focus on the two DPS stats - % Crit Attack Chance and % Crit Attack Damage.
    - There are 11 weapon trees. Each weapon tree either has % Crit Attack Chance or % Crit Attack Damage.
    - Number of Skill points to max out % Crit Attack Chance and % Crit Attack Damage
    = [(Number of weapon trees) x (Amount of skill points to max out one stat) ] minus the first free skill point from your chosen weapon
    = (11 x 7) minus 1
    = 77 minus 1
    = 76

For your movement tree, it takes seven Skill Points to max out and get Breakout Mastery. Breakout Mastery is beneficial for all DPS, even for powersets with effective power regeneration in their AM eg Ice, Gadgets etc. For pet powersets like Sorcery and Earth, it helps a lot since power return is less. Same with Nature. For others like Fire, it helps also as the power costs for Fire is higher than others.

Hence, you need a minimum of :
    = Number of Skill points to max out DPS stat in Weapons + Number of Skill points to max out DPS stat in movement mode
    = 76 + 7
    = 83

Any additional attack that you choose eg Flip Slash for 1H or Pulse Beam/Scissors Kick for HB will cost you extra Skill Points.
  18. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Yes, having more Might = more damage from Powers. Having more Precision = more damage from Weapon attacks. But the might increase and precision increase is more efficiently gained by getting newer gear with their increased stats, versus getting more Might and/or Precision with more Skill Points.

In the current Advanced Mechanic era, once you reach the minimum number of skill points to max out % Crit Attack Chance and % Crit Attack Damage, you gain diminishing returns. Not to say not having more Skill Points is not important or useless. It still is.

Do note that all things change when the Stat Revamp hits.
  19. loupblanc Dedicated Player

For Pvp, the max CR for Pvp gear is 101. The minimum is 96.

Gear does not count when you are in Legends Pvp.

When wearing PvE gear in an Arena Pvp match, you are set at the minimum CR96 level. Getting a full set of CR97 gear (8 pieces from weapon to feet + Face + Neck + 2 Rings + Trinket) gets you to CR97.

And a full set of CR97 gets you to CR98. Once you reach full CR97, the CR98 gear options at the Pvp vendor unlocks.

Open World Pvp is different. The maximum Pvp CR is CR101, and has been for a while. But the maximum Pve CR continues to increase. So for Open World Pvp, you can stick to Pve, provided you are at end-level eg from CR190+ to 200.

In Legends Pvp or Arena Pvp, please do not assume that someone is hacking when you get thrashed or do not understand what you are seeing on-screen.

For any PvE or PvP question, where possible, please record your gameplay and ask questions to get better answers, especially for Pvp.