A New Banking System Please!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PSYL0CKE X8, Oct 14, 2017.

1. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

First of all we must start with getting rid of trading/sending in game game cash through the in game mailing system. This will help stop non affiliated websites from sending a check through the mail system.
    (if this can't be done devs then that means you part of the problem and not part of the solution and means you are working with the web sites who sell in game money!!!)

2.Next for new system to work get rid cap of holdings that free players and premium players can hold and use. (If this a problem then just keep the escrow system but also make sure they have growth percentage rate)

3. Next allow this new banking system accessible with all of the characters on a players account.

4. This DCUO new Banking system would be more like the real world where we have a savings and checking account .
    A savings account where our deposited money grows a percentage interest rate on the money deposited over period of time ie like a monthly percent growth or a 3 month one. That way we can build on our earned in game cash for purchase in game item

5. Membership Benefits. Have the different memberships have different percentage growths. ex: Legendary has a 5% growth, premium have a 3% growth rate and free accounts have a 1% growth rate.

6. add in more item bank slots shared bank slots i have maxed slots and still isn't enough.
    I think all of this is needed!!!!!!
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Stopped reading when I saw get rid of caps holding Free and Premiums.

Hasn't happened, never will.
    • Like x 7
  3. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

Ok if that's a problem then just keep the escrow system but also make sure they have growth percentage rate
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's exactly what we need...more inflation.
    • Like x 2
  5. Backblock Well-Known Player

Please stop it with the useless ideas and the ideas that can turn the game further upside down.
    We don't need any changes, we definitely don't need anymore inflation...
    • Like x 2
  6. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

actually this an idea to help calm down the inflation by getting rid of trading money through the mail which the non affiliated websites use and adding on a new way to gain in game money Like a real back system. you can easily add a cap of how much money can be put into the savings to grow interest on. like no more than a million
    • Like x 1
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

In the real world, the banks must use money already in circulation. The developers would be putting the cash into the "account" out of thin air. Adding more monetary supply dilutes the value of the current currency. This is pretty basic economics.

So far as I'm aware, the money duping glitches are patched. The people selling currency are selling already created currency. They are not making it, just moving it around. It will only make it slightly more difficult to have someone meet in person to transfer whatever funds they've bought outside of the system.

I would suggest reading about how economic systems work, specifically monetary policy.
    • Like x 5
  8. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

lol funny... but if is to much then just keep 1 and 6
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I'm no economics expert but wouldn't this just increase prices?
    • Like x 3
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

i support anything that tryes to get rid of the cap.
    i think it was always keeping more players away
    instead of making memberships attractive to them.
    but thats only my oppinion. go on, hate me pls.
    • Like x 2
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay lets start with #1 ... So I have 26 alts in this game. Now the way the system is set right now the ONLY way a player can send in game cash from one alt to another is by EMAIL.. Sorry we do not have the option to meet up in the watch tower or some lair because, at least on the PC side, we can only have one ALT logged in on an account at a time. there is absolutely nothing wrong with the system as is ... Have an alt that need some cash? Log on one with a huge amount and simply send the one in need a donation. Same thing can apply to a friend or member of your league that sent you an email asking to "borrow" some cash but is off line at the moment. So your idea requires a total change to the shared bank so we can HELP our own alts and forces friends/ league mates to wait and arrange a face to face meeting to exchange cash and help one another?

Now on to part 2 .. While I agree that a Premium player who over the years may have spent a small fortune on this game should be entitled to a raise in the cap (not eliminating it but making it higher) When you add in F2P you lost me. How much does it require any player to spend to go from F2P to Premium? Answer.. $5 (US) Which means that anyone that is F2P has not contributed a dime to help keep this game profitable.. they want "special" benefits.. Shell out some money like the rest of us do.

As for part 3.. the banking system we currently have is already accessible to every alt on your account.. so even if they chose to add the ability to transfer fund in addition to what we can currently place in the bank.. what needs to change? Ot do you mean you have 2 accounts and want to be able to reach assets from one account with the other? Only way THAT happens is if they give us all a Global address and even then it would probably require different coding.

Now part 4 is interesting but some how I do not see them ever doing this. Again you are talking re coding the game to establish this Saving plan idea plus .. when have you ever seen them just hand us cash of ANY kind (aside from a couple gifts during events)? And think of the added stress to the servers? So a player has stopped subscribing.... basically takes a long break and has no played the game for 5, 5 maybe 6 months. But he did not delete his alts or cancel his account totally. So all his alts are sitting some where collecting dust.. and under your new system they are also collection CASH (their interest) for sitting idle not doing a thing in game at all. And that means that every month the game needs to check their account balance and send a virtual check to pay them the interest they are owed.

Part 5.. once again... F2P are entitled to NOTHING

Part 6.... You have the maximum amount of bank slots available and it still is not enough? there is a system already in place for that.. its called mules. i have several alts just siting around doing nothing but answering emails and storing excess items from the ones I play in their banks and in their inventory.

So basically what you are asking, with all the major glitches this game has that the devs have no time to actually explore, determine why they happen and fix , you want them to stop working on those and new content to change the BANKING system? Now also keep in mind that we have been pretty much told that no major changes will occur in game unless they some how increase profits. So the likely hood that your idea will ever be considered is slim.
  12. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

I was thinking it wouldn't be because you stop or make it harder for the websites to pass out money and because everyone would be gaining a new way to gain extra money along with the money we get from instances and missions. so the billionaires hold on to what they got and not spend so much and over time driving prices back down a little. but some say its a flawed plan, so i say at least keep options one and 6 but making sure we could still share money with our alts through the shared bank system
  13. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

1 refer to number 3

2. just trying to think of a way to benefit everyone

3. Yes was trying to make sure we could still share money with our alts.

4. I guess some don't like because they say its flawed and some see it inflating prices. I was trying to come up with a new way we could gain/earn in game cash through the game. but if it would be to much time to recode then no they shouldn't add this

5. was trying to keep a extra benefit from buying a membership.

6. we still need more. And yes i already have a banking character. But you can't send over trinkets, I like some others like to collect them, and they are coming up with a lot now a days almost 1 for every TC or episode. Annd sending things over to a bank character is getting to anoying and players shouldn't have to keep doing that.
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Other people have corrected the OP, so I'll stick with my two suggestions.

--- Inventory Slots ---

We don't need more slots. We just need to have more items per stack.

Colas = 24
    R & D supplies = 48
    All other items = 100

A lot of people will say "We just need everything at 100 or unlimited."

There's a problem doing it this way. Putting all your eggs in one basket and deleting it would be devastating. Simply doubling or tripling the amounts, as I've done above, will free up a lot of space. Do this first and see how it works out. Additional changes can always be made later.

This feature is only available to Legendary players. If you go Free or Premium your stacks stay the same. But can't be combined or added to until Legendary status is reinitiated.

--- Premium Bank Account Idea ---

Ever month you pay for Legendary you get +$50 added to your max money available.

Example: $2000 standard + (36 months x $50) = $3,800 maximum when you're Premium.
    • Like x 2
  15. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Except, that's not how inflation works. trading money from one player to another doesn't create inflation, even through the mail. No money is being added into the system, thus not devaluing the value of a dollar in game.

What would create inflation? Allowing people to gain interest on their escrow. Then you'd have a growth rate, wildly creating money and adding it into the system without any means of controlling it really.

So your idea would directly lead to inflation, while mailing money between characters does no such thing.
    • Like x 3
  16. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

yes as i stated before above it is flawed and not down for that anymore.
  17. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Agree on cash sharing through bank. Other than that I don't want real life in game, that's why I game.
  18. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

any idea to get rid of the gold sellers...will never be put into place. ever!

not that, that is a bad idea mind you. it just will never, ever happen. ever!
  19. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I send money to my alts with the in game mail system. -1,000,000 for your idea
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I use one character as a kind of broker agent, he does most of my buying and selling, and then the mail system is used to transfer money to all the others. So yeah, not keen on losing the option to pay out cash to my characters via the mail.

Although... the ability to shove in-game cash into the shared bank, so that they could all just take what they need, when they need it (as long as they can open up the bank), might be an acceptable alternative. As long as DCUO doesn't charge me for the transactions.