A.M. BACK

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Gabriel ct8, Sep 26, 2019.

1. L T Devoted Player

You can use the Sonic shout (cry?) Non - channeled iconic ability instead of Geiger Blast. That saves a bit of power for about the same or a little higher DPS.
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Jump cancel was the epitome of "use powers over and over" crap - you just used a jump between the powers. Everything in the game is repetitious yo. The problem is balance - balance for AM was way out of whack, so it had to go.

Balance for Jump cancel was way out of whack, which is why it got removed in the first place - it wasn't an inherently "better" system, it was just as broken as AM was, it was just broken in a different way that specifically made it impossible for certain things to compete with other things. That's why we're here now.
  3. slyvanman New Player

All DPS needs to be running with the Omegahedron artifact. I mean, it's pretty easy to aquire from the Superman celebration episode, which is open to everyone.

As a tank, and call me old fashioned here, but your job is NOT to burn but simply to keep aggro on the adds and boss while DPS burn. Therefore, you should not be running out of power either.

"My gosh, all these battle tanks in this raid. Then, what is my job as a DPS?"
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

corrected that for you ;).

You're not wrong though, either learn power efficiency or learn artificial supplementation. You can carry a stack of 99 Soders, got the Supply Drop, got the Omega, there's options. Ain't no shame in eating your power return - sometimes a rotation is hungry. Also, being a tank? You don't need to use powers CONSTANTLY, keep that 8 second count in the back of your head and work around it.
    • Like x 1
  5. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Uh no DPS should be running the Omega.....none. Augmens, Artifacts, Gen Mods and SP. If you run the Omega you are going to be the worst DPS in the group you might as well switch to your role help heals, power or tank the adds because your burn 90% isn't gonna make a difference.
    • Like x 1
  6. slyvanman New Player

Well, my main roll is troll, and many times I hear dps say, "Troll, I need power." Yet, I give all I got to give. So, if you're not running with it, as a might dps, then do not yell at any troll. Remember, when you point one finger at someone, three others are pointing back at yourself. However, I have come to not worry about whether a dps has power or not. My main concerns are healers 1st, tanks second. As a dps myself, I can keep my own power. Oh and those leaderboards are still NOT accurate. I have found myself killing more enemies in an instance at times, and still someone else was deemed higher dps than me. But hey, I'm in it for the fun of the game not to seek recognition for how much damage I did. The only time you need to concern yourself with your damage output is in a solo. Because every other time, you're NOT the only one causing damage.
  7. slyvanman New Player

Oh and again , I don't care what it says on my pic here on the forums, I'm not a new player. I've been playing for almost 5 years now.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

these days if you're having an issue with power its on you~it is most certainly not the controllers fault. few things less telling than someone whos power bar drops to zero the moment an instance begins and stays there.

it is impossible for my main character to run out of energy in troll mode. i toss off debuffs and recharges non stop and my power bar barely tips below 80%. this is important to note because the player who can't manage power sees the controller who cant give it away fast enough and uses this as an excuse to lay blame when its a decided lack of skill points/augments/gear/artifacts/experience thats the true culprit.

you can also tell an experienced healer from one who still needs work. i rarely have issues with healers who know what theyre doing. its even better if they pick up on that i know what i'm doing to and we work in tandem. i pretty much base my rotation of energy giving supercharges on the healers power bar and only use my supply drop if the haler is hurting for power (barring any other last second emergencies).
  9. Berza Committed Player

I consider myself an average experienced healer, actually I only run healer role if I'm in relevant cr alerts, normal mode raids or when I am invited to join an elite relevant raid, I only play healer in league elite runs if another healer is out because we have people who are way better than me at healing. I'm Electric and I may have times where power consumption is huge due to the lack of HoTs, but I will never blame the troller (or even rely on them) for being out of power. If I run out of power, the reason will be I has to clip 7 or 8 powers in a row, and I build my toon with that in mind. Artifact Soder, Supplys, power mod in my weapon, sidekick and troller summer event pet are my main power sources. Used wisely. Summoning the event pet at zero power is suicidal. Look at your troller, their power bar, their PoT/recharge numbers, and then decide if you will need a slow power addition in a couple of seconds, so you summon a pet, or a full bar, then pop a soder. Otherwise, a dead troller is a ridiculous wipe. Oh and in most cases troller's job is not power me, they have a lot to do (FoAe lb as example). But also I will try to run into any supply drop AND any dps gemini circle. Yeah, power stealing, if you want to call it that way (someone told me to stop stealing his mana by running inside his gemini once, true fact. We almost wiped because I had a laugh attack).
    In conclusion, even when I miss a bit the nature bug form power recovery, as today learning power management is like learning to block. Game basics. Oh and even when I'm not playing Metal, I soloed half SGe (the other healer, main one actually, was lagging like hell) with a group that even when they were (are) amazing players, language differences reduced communication to the minimum, and we weren't full geared at the time.
  10. AD Leo Well-Known Player

I never ever go in expecting the Troll to keep my power bar up. I can top the leaderboard without a troll or with the Omega. It's all about the loadout but what happens is people don't know how to put a LO together or don't understand their powerset expecting to be given power despite their inefficient LO. Again no DPS should be running the Omega, learn your power and figure out a LO that doesn't drain your power bar. I main Electric DPS/Healer(279cr) and my alt (280cr) is Quantum Dos/Troll no Omega. Just sayin
    • Like x 1
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Once you have enough SP to put 200+ in Might/Power you shouldn't need the Omegahedron. That artifact is a "training wheels" artifact for players until they get their SP up.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Shouldn't "stay alive" be on that list? If so, shouldn't a tank with a healing mechanic be healing themselves and CCing the adds so they don't kill him/her either? If so, powers are needed to do those things.
    • Like x 2
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

It screams "I SPAMS POWAAARSSSS" - either stop trying to run pets and a PFTT rotation, or run the Omega - are you going to do less damage with 5% less Might, or because you spend literally 20% of the time incapable of maintaining a rotation because you refuse to build a character with powerflow sustainability?

Remember, the sparring target's not live, and it's giving you power back that you're not getting back, live, not to mention that 10% extra damage doesn't mean anything if you're losing the ability to do damage at all on a regular basis.
    • Like x 1
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yet you have no clue how to read the scorecard....
    • Like x 1
  15. slyvanman New Player

I've been playing for nearly 5 years now. I know exactly how to read the scorecard, yet it still lies. But by all means, just believe what you only see on the scorecard. I guess paying attention to what you and other players are doing must be on higher level of intelligence than what your brain is capable of comprehending.
  16. Jensu Well-Known Player

this game does not need AM's back, it's so much better without that in the game
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

what exactly is it about dual wield weapon mastery hold triangle>tap triangle that makes it challenging?
  18. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Getting constantly interrupted and put into a super vulnerable state by enemies who lunge. Timing the jump-cancel just right. And it's Tap Range, Hold Range.
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

semantics. i don't do cookie cutter.

there is nothing that hits as consistently hard and fast with that kind of easy damage you get in my entire loadout .

there is nothing challenging to it. everybody has moves that get interrupted.

why isn't there a play from the tray equivalent to it?
  20. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Competitive Precision Damage is still a one-trick pony, single-target damage. Let them have their thing. They're paying for it with their time, artifact grind, and actually having to pay attention to those hard to see symbols above enemy heads.

It's like Water. It's crazy good at at healing and shielding, and meh at damage. DW Flurry Shot is crazy good at single-target damage, and meh at AoE damage. Rage is crazy good at melee AoE damage, but meh at ranged damage. Some things in the game are good at something, while making sacrifices in other things.
    • Like x 1