A guide to gathering Skill Points would be nice

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Valor, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Ilunis Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    I give this thread a 4/10. Needs more gifs.
    • Like x 1
  2. Valor New Player

Someone necroed this thread, and it started getting replies again.

1. I started the thread because so many people were complaining about people with high CR, and low SP.

2. It was a simple post, and I thought someone out there might see it for what was intended. An idea to help those people get on track.

3. I was content to let it scroll down the pages into oblivion, but some of your condescending attitudes have gotten under my skin.

4. Most of you offered zero insight into the SP gaining issue.

5. I was working on a step list to get started since no one else thought it was a worthwhile endeavor, and the fastest way to get to at least 60 SP as a solo pugger. With, hopefully, some input from the forum members to expand upon it.

6. I don't think I want to even bother with it now.

7. An insult HERE that's highly descriptive of what I think of some of you, and so horrendous that I get a forum ban. Even Charlie Sheen would shake his head at the words I would have used.

Thank you very much, you have all been a peach.
  3. Iron YoJimBo New Player

Ok. My two cents. There's no need to be rude about ANY of this. I when I was atarting out would have LOVED an online guide, because I'm not sitting in front of my PS3 to write notes. Even now I hate having to slog through the various lists in my feats menu, when it would be so much easier to have it all opened up on a spreadsheet. I've been playing a year & a half, have maxed out most of my PvE feats & don't consider my self an elitest OR a newb. For those of you from the Rebels. curb those responses, that kind of attitude towards others is neither friendly or becomming. We say we're adults, & we're classy. Act it. Not every question deserves a smart-alec response. & As Rebels, it's our job to set ourselves apart from the rabble.
    • Like x 1
  4. YodaDog New Player

Ummm.. Jimbo, Im the only other Rebel in here... Surely you weren't referring to my one post in here... right?

There is a guide. Its under your Deeds menu. Its called Feats. There is no "SP gaining issue" as the OP describes it. End of story. But, by all means, if you guys want one... Make one. Post it up. What is the issue??

That^ is all I said here and there is nothing there that is the slightest bit rude. Thats just what is up, brother. But if you feel differently, I certainly do apologize.

And now for Illunis:
    [IMG]
    You're welcome sir.
    • Like x 2
  5. Iron YoJimBo New Player

I know for a fact that this game doesn't have as many of the comprehensive online guides as other game do. Take WoW, CoH/CoV, Counterstrike, GW's all have SO many websites, wikis, guides, walkthroughs & most made by dedicated fans of the game. I STILL don't know where to farm half the styles I'm missing for feat points, & there's no one easy way to find out. I think that's what the OP was kind of getting at. Sure the guide tell you what feat you need, but never HOW to get it, & sometimes folks want a little help beyond "figure it out yurself". & Yoda, I'm not trying to single you out, but on various posts in various threads I've seen "snappy answers to 'stoopid' questions" & in my twenty plus years of gaming, not much more grinds my gears than THAT. I, every time I start a game, am NEW. I don't pick up a controller or mouse & master all things in a day even though I wish I could. Add to that having a life outside of gaming & you get a "slow learner". I want to show the gaming communites in general that there is no greater advice than "Do unto others as you would have them do unto You." When I respectfuly ask a question, I'd expect an answer in kind. Sometimes, that's why I look up guides, & go to wikis. However, even after two years this game doesn't have it all "written down in one place."
  6. YodaDog New Player

1. Respectfully sir, There are descriptions on how to obtain the feats under the tab. And there is a wonderful place to find where all the styles you are looking for drop.. Its right here on the forum, and its written by your friend and mine, Lil Sis. I'll be more than happy to direct you or anyone else over there..
    2. I understand your complaint. I can be snarky. However, any further complaints as to the nature of my posts and your feelings about them... I'd really appreciate it if you didnt hash that out here in public...
    • Like x 2
  7. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

• Like x 4
  8. Doc Holliday New Player

I would agree with this statement, however calling out Yoda on this thread, you sir are contradicting yourself?

Yoda's post to me makes sense, that's how I started feat hunting, by looking on my deeds menu lol.

Its like people want everyone to hand everything to them without doing any work, if you simply Google "Dcuo kabuki legs drop location" within 5 min you will be able to figure out that they drop in the OMAC Duo...

Little Sis even has a guide and like Dump Truck posted a couple of other website do as well.

Im not trying to defend Yoda because hes a league mate or my friend, I am just defending him because imo I don't see anything that he has done wrong nor deserved to be called out publicly on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tini Bubbles Well-Known Player

Personally I think the journal in this game kinda sucks. The one in EQ2 is MUCH better. It allows you to separate in a variety of different ways.
    I think if the journal in this game was more "user" friendly it would be more helpful.

However that being said I do not think it will every happen. This game is also on platforms and not just PC therefor it will never become more user friendly.

Another point is this. Instead of you guys being jerks to someone try using this to help yourselves out before you put your collective foot in your mouth. If you have nothing nice to say DONT say anything at all. Its a tad bit silly that some people seem to get their jollies off belittling others. I would love to see some people grow up. But as with the journal in game ...not gonna happen.

Have a nice day yall.

All Moderators are amazing and incredible and we should all love them all.

And DOH didnt realize this thread was this old..../hangs head in shame.