A friendly wager

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Quantum Edge, Nov 7, 2013.

1. myandria Item Storage

Hmm... well...

I would say between 12:15 and 12:30am Saturday morning, since I think the PS4 will be a midnight launch at some stores. If the PSN store has problems that early in the morning (and we all know there is a good chance of that!) then I would agree with the OP's noon time prediction.
  2. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I'll wager my soul that it's at........ 12:13
    • Like x 1
  3. myandria Item Storage

Hmm... I have to agree here. The FFXIV launcher checks and downloads updates automatically; it does not go through the PSN store.

However, FFXIV is pay to play; you must pay a subscription to play the game. This steady source of income allows Square/Enix to afford their own servers and distribute gameplay as the company sees fit. The FF devs only have to answer to Square/Enix.

DCUO does not have this luxury and therefore it must jump through hoops to update and release new content. Remember, it is not only SOE that the devs have to deal with; look at the bottom of the forum page and you will see what I am talking about.
  4. SuperBell Loyal Player

You think that long, huh?
  5. Potent New Player

This game was once P2P, however it was still badly managed, and you STILL had to download through the PSN to acquire a new client downloader for each update.

All they care about is money, because "this is a business".
  6. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

Its a guarantee that the shouts will happen before anyone has had time to download the game on PS4.