A FIX 4 Mental Supercharges

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PSYL0CKE X8, Feb 4, 2018.

1. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

Mental Powerset is still broken. After revamp the powerset doesn't play the same and mostly is on the weaker side of all the powersets, especially mental's damage supercharges.

But I came up with idea to a fix or in some cases more of a compromise to mental's damage supercharge compensation. What if they came out with three different tactical head mods for the powerset. One that would allow mass hysteria to last for 30 seconds again and one to make it cost a 50% supercharge instead of 100% and one to make psychic bolt a 50% supercharge as well!?

In these options it will let these abilities have a little bit more apeal to be used more and be more competitive with the other powersets.
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Terror Tendrils and Mass Terror hit like runaway trains. Psychic shock is very spammable and hits pretty hard, being a DOT with such rapid ticks that it’s practically a burst power. Admittedly I’m a weapons guy, but since January my mental character went from utterly feeble to being my best mob killer. I do wish Mass Hysteria lasted longer though, it sucks losing flight the second you’ve gotten used to it.
  3. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

yeah its supercharges need some love
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Mental SC are no where near as bad as some powers. Look at Celestial. It has no big burst SC at all.
    • Like x 2
  5. Vagrant Committed Player

Try Bolt Barrage, its probably one of the best SC's in the game due to its sheer damage potential. I have a mental loadout guide and play style on my channel so I know the power inside and out. The only supercharge that really needs work is Mass Hysteria, its absolutely terrible.

And honestly if you know how to play Mental, its one of the better powersets currently.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Pop in a Clown Box!
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Four hour video of starman? Geeze...
  9. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Where would you rank mental overall? While it is more difficult to use than other powersets to get that damage, I happen to agree with you.

There aren't many who have spent the time to learn to play it effectively.
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

You don't have to watch ALL of it. It is really cool to see the car traveling in Space.
    Click on the bar to see some out of this world sights!
  11. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

LOL. I already scanned through it. I watched the launch live yesterday, all I can say is Amazing.
    • Like x 1
  12. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Can we all agree that Revamp was a BIG fail?
    • Like x 1
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

LOL no
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

lol

No
  15. Dene Devoted Player

nothing about revamp will get agreement on this forum.. ever
  16. Vagrant Committed Player

I'd say honestly its near top in terms of damage potential. Certain powersets will beat Mental but only in certain situations.
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

What exactly are we trying to balance in the overall with powers, because not all powers are meant to be equal