A Few Ideas I believe that could make the game better

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wallachia, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

Hi, how are you? I'd like to share my ideas because, well, why not?

"Oh, but you sopped playing"

Yes, and I miss this game so freaking badly, but I can't afford a subscription while its value is multiplied by 5,5 to my country`s currency. Would you pay for yours if it cost 5.5 times more?

Anyways, let's go to some of my ideas. You have seen them here in my posts, but this time I'll try to defend them better. Some of them are blatant copies of other games, but wait, I can argue my way into their efficiency.

1. Account-wide bank AND inventory.

This here would enable players to use carrier alts, ergo, alts just to save some items. This is based on CO's funcionality. Basically, you have one account-wide bank to deposit all your money, that can be withdrawn by any of your characters in their base, and also an expansible inventory that you can use to give items from one account to the other, making role-specific grindind MUCH smoother.

Failed to get gear for your healer but got it on your tank? Use the account-wide bank!

This rhyme was not intentional and I apologize for it.

2. Team up with your alts to do group content.

I KNOW. I KNOW. This is a MMO before being a RPG. But let's be honest. Does anyone here mildly experienced in the game plays with random people? Real truth is: nobody does that. Nobody does PUGs, nobody does random queues, which is why older content is empty and newer content is hard to do. This idea was implemented in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and it was a huge success. It basically enables you to team up with your alts and do stuff on your own. And even if XV2's AI is hideous, if you create a well-done alt it can still get the job done. Hell, you can even set up two alts (the missions there are in trios) to just carry you through content, or get your main and carry your alts as AIs instead.

I remember a mission in DCUO where you could use 3 AIs with their roles to help you, so it's not like this isn`t viable.

Also, my intention with this suggestion isn't to put the last nail on the coffin for switch players, it's just so people who have no guild members online or can't get anyone they trust, or don`t want to wait 20 minutes for raids can play quickly. Sounds desperate, but a person under those conditions will quickly give up playing the game, which will make more people likely to fall into the same conditions and give up as well, and so forth. Nothing would stop two people to play and fill the other spots with alts too, right?

3. Powerset and style customization for sidekicks.

Before I started playing, in 2015- 2016, I remember some comments on the steam page complaining that, in the game, you were just a sidekick yourself, or a helper, or just a tool. I disagree, but then I saw some ideas like this one around the forums: what if we could not only customize their appearance, but also their powersets? I think this would greatly improve immersion.

My own example could justify this: I am a lantern fanboy. Green, Red, Yellow, I like them all, my favourite being red tho, specifically because of its mechanics in DCUO. I think it would be pretty cool if I could fantasize that my red lantern grew in the ranks to the point of having his own squad: in the middle of a mission I'd call the back-up of 3 other red lanterns, beating and attacking others. To be honest, this idea is a lighter version of suggestion 2, with the difference that the sidekicks wouldn`t be able to fill up group slots.

Comment me.
    • Like x 6
  2. Eve YouTuber

Would love teaming with my alts or fighting against them, and their styles could be based on the 1st armory you saved, so this how they will look fighting beside you\against you. I'm up for all of the ideas if It's possible. Thumbs up!
    • Like x 2
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Think about how goofy and absurd NPC characters can act when the AI starts getting creative.

Now imagine that happening with your own characters that you know well and know how to play well.

*shudder*

No thanks. LOL
    • Like x 1
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

Still better than pug players, I believe, no? :v
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've never seen pug players abandon a boss fight to all follow a mob NPC around the fight area for no reason whatsoever. :confused:

Seen that happen more than once in the Iceberg Lounge solo. Catwoman, Harley and Ivy ignore Penguin and just follow an exploding pengbot until it makes a complete circuit of the room, THEN start fighting Penguin. LOL
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

No, but I have seen a player bragging of having 02870284 SP being outclassed by me in healing, and I had only 75 SP and wasn`t using mods. He then kicked me for "hacking".

Then I saw a player forcing my healer to go DPS role with amazing 900 damage per attack on the Trigon raid because "The only way to in a raid is with 5-1-1-1, and your CR is only 135 while mine is 139, I am obviously more competent", then ragequitting when the entire party died within 20 seconds of fighting when my healer held the fight for nearly 5 minutes.

I also saw a player trying to solo the 4-group instance then demanding the other players to leave for "not helping him" when we didn`t manage to catch up.

I wholeheartedly remember the player who hated on me because I was a member of Digital Hellstorm, and she lost one legion member to us, and, apparently, that was my fault. Note: I was the healer. She then kicked me from the instance because I wasn't helping after being called a plethora of insults for merely existing.

I will prefer the AI.

Do they even do any damage tho? I have never seen any of those NPCs being able to do any damage, they are just there fighting at random.
  7. Mystyfy Level 30

I feel like they need to really look into getting the combat revamped entirely as well. In a game where you're supposed to be a superhuman with insane abilities, it's pretty sad that we get a combat system that doesn't adhere to that theme.

I'd like to see more fluid movement thrown in combat, and get rid of the insanely slow combat movement we have now. I feel like it would breathe new life into the game if that alone was adjusted.

I also would like to see a way of combining or altering abilities similar to the way some augments/mods do. Spend a skill point or two to mix and match powers. Improve range, damage, or support functions or enhance some of the iconic or movement powers by empowering them with your actual powerset.
    • Like x 1
  8. Remi King Active Player

HAHA! I’m new on the forum so i don’t know how to upvote this post so PLEASE! I NEED TO UPVOTE THIS POST.
    • Like x 1
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

Yep, games like Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and Final Fantasy XIV both have AI grouping systems that actually work very well. FFXIV on the other hand, takes more of an NPC or AI for hire approach with encouraged automated training for them as you progress. Regardless, the job needed can always get done with the set ups for either game. Implementing something of the like into DCUO could only be beneficial, as it could immediately solve that problem for not being able to run old content because no one wants to or even most importantly new players not being able to get the help they need. It's actually an idea I suggested a while ago myself, about a couple of months back. So, yeah, I would heavily support that if the DEVS were to introduce it here.
    • Like x 1
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Of all of these, I'm not sure many players would care much. I don't think they're bad ideas, I'm just not confident that they would be all that popular.

At this point, I think fixing PvP and getting rid of the lootboxes would bring back the most players and it would truly make the game better, IMO.
  11. Mystyfy Level 30

I get that people have an opinion one way or the other, but to try and guess for a majority is pretty senseless. I have posted a few ideas/ threads suggesting multiple ways of improving the game. Some drastic and some minor, but in every thread there's always someone that says something either along with that or just completely shoots down the idea because of the "difficulty to implement" said idea.

If they aren't willing to adapt and change as a game developer, to consistently make improvements while also listening to their source of income, then that's a pretty solid foundation for failure.

There's also no reason for us as a consumer to make excuses for them. There's also no reason to limit a player's option, and the npc thing was a great idea for some of those unfortunate enough to not have a dedicated group of people to play with.
    • Like x 2
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

1. Never sop playing! Never!
    2. Never apologize for rhyming!
    3. FWEEM it like you mean it!

<End attempt at getting a giggle>
    • Like x 1
  13. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Well, I never said your ideas were bad or difficult to implement. I didn't even say I wouldn't want them in the game. Personally, I don't care for the ideas but I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy the features you're suggesting.

The NPC thing does seem like a band-aid for the spread out/or low player population so to be honest I don't know how to feel about that. On one side, I understand that it would help people do lower level missions. On the other hand it just seems like you're putting a band-aid on a large scale problem. Though I guess it doesn't hurt to put the band-aid while also addressing population issues. Though it would look a little unfortunate for an MMO to have to do that. But you've already given your stance on that.

But in my opinion, fixing the two problems I mentioned above seem most likely to get players back. As far as I'm aware, they're the two of the biggest complaints from players in game and on the forums.
  14. Mystyfy Level 30

I didn't say you did, I just stated that there's always at least one with some kind of excuse for the dev's to not even look into it. Making a generalized statement claiming others won't like it simply because it won't apply to them is a huge mistake and more of a hindrance than anything.

We can likely agree that most people playing this game are at various stages. Not everyone is up to end game yet, and trying to form groups or even pug at earlier stages in the tiered content hosts a number of issues. Mainly the lack of people playing that content which leads to the extended wait time in queues. Higher level people blowing through it (so it's hard for people to either keep up or learn their respective role) also seems to be an issue for some. Then there's also hitting a wall in instances with people who grouped up but don't know how to play yet. Yes it's a bandaid, and it is definitely sad that an MMO needs this kind of thing, but there is a chance that this would help either returning players or new players trying to grasp the game as they progress earlier tiers.

I do agree that PvP needs fixed, but the combat thing that I mentioned earlier would also apply to that to some degree. There's also other types of PvP content they could be implementing but haven't even touched yet. It's an MMO with huge open world areas, but they go almost unused after you hit level 30 with some slight exceptions.

They could've added huge arena type, survival modes, races, timed missions or anything to an open world PvP mode but the creativity is just not there. From the looks of it there was an idea to do that from the start with the Diamond Heist or Ring War events, but nothing ever came of it.

Instead they choose to put most of their resources in the loot boxes, and I definitely agree with you on that one as well. Hopefully I've explained myself well enough, I'm not trying to argue or fight. Just trying to expand options rather than shoot down suggestions.
    • Like x 1
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

That's fair.

And you made good points IMO so sorry if I came off as dismissive.

Overall, I agree with you.