A broken promise that seems ignored....Game mechanics?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, May 4, 2016.

1. AJPro Committed Player

We received an update around a year ago promising no more hard stuns and NPC that would have greatly reduced blocking and kick back mechanics.

I have no idea if the changes waned or were never truly implemented but if you run any new content the above promise is less realized than ever.

I tank and go floppy like a rag doll every two seconds. The days of being able to pull any minor to main bosses is a distant Gates raid memory. I really hate how when you cast control effects as a tank you still get stunned really easy and often not even by the boss.

We players cry that dps has taken over...but when bosses ignore the tank 90% of the time and we can not pull anything important.....you see why PZr with a tank is a ridiculous set up.

Do I want churn and burn...no I would like gameplay. If we cast a control effect at a key moment I would like to see a result.
    If a healer has explosive block in the back mod I would like to see a difference, if a trol does a damage debuff at a perfect moment I would like to see the boss get woozy.

Right now, maybe because of the bingey, Rush that is monthly content. The gameplay in this game is broken or worse nonexistent. We get knocked around like rag dolls and all the NPC seem to have the gameplay aspects WE were promised.

Like I said a promise broken that few seem to notice or care.

When we cry that everyone wants to be a dps, that is because if your expertise is going to be wasted on vanilla gameplay, mine as well lead the scoreboard.
    • Like x 5
  2. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I have no problem pulling mobs in PZr. Are you sure you are having problems? I am an ice tank or a fire tank. Both have no problems with aggro there. Oh, and we almost always run content with a tank. It makes it easier to pull off AM, when you are not being flung around.
  3. VariableFire Loyal Player

I'm constantly being knocked out of an Empowered Channeling protected Absorb Heat, particularly during PZr.
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Grodd in PBe and those prisoners have minds of their own some days. As a tank at least 50% of the time they ignore me. Same with the adds in PZe on last boss. Why am i throwing pulls if they do nothing? Its like a crap shoot. Some days they get pulled 100% of the time. Other days they dont. Imo its doesnt add difficulty at all. It just makes me think why am i tanking this? Its like they think lets make this difficult and the go to move is add more adds that ignore tanks, or a boss. Cant wait for the darkseid raid :p Im only guessing here but id say 1 of the 3 bosses has multiple adds during the fight.

I did have a cr52 add toss me around the other day like im his puppet. Im over 100cr stronger but u would of thought im cr52 also :confused: Its just so weird. I wish there were more mechanics that we had to do as a team or that made u think instead of more adds with crazy stuns, 1shots, scripted aggro drops, reflects, and hitting cogs in unison.
    • Like x 1