90 Gear Set Costs

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by thirty six, Feb 12, 2014.

1. thirty six Loyal Player

My apologies if this is a dupe thread and if this topic has been beat into the ground... Also, I'm going off the top of my head, so I may be a few hundred off, but you can get a general idea of how much work this takes.

A full set of 90 gear is 8600 MoV (right?)

The most expensive pieces in the set take 25 wins or 50 losses to get, and there are 4 items at that price, where there are 2 in other sets and it takes 10 wins or 20 losses for these pieces.

You get 40 marks for a win - 20 marks for a loss

So, if my 8600 is right, which it could go 100+ MoV either way, it takes 215 wins or 430 losses to get a full set of 90 gear.

Get your grind on! ;)
  2. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

I really feel sorry for any1 new to PVP. Seasons were introduced so that at the start of a new season players were to be nearly equal & so went season1. Now with season 2...any1 who completed the Vengence/Punchline set in season 1 is so far ahead of any new comer & it essentially mocks the strategy of what seasons were intended to do. Its basically the same exact thing as never having seasons at all but now we are stuck w/ map rotations. Essentially it takes about the same amount of wins per Tier w/ the marks as they are scaling...so a new player will get face rolled thru all sets of gear vs any group wearing better gear. This dsnt affect me but I do feel it hinders new player enjoyment & progression to get caught up.

• PvP Combat Rating 0-86: 2 MoV (loss); 4 MoV (win)
    • PvP Combat Rating 87: 5 MoV (loss); 10 MoV (win)
    • PvP Combat Rating 88: 10 MoV (loss); 20 MoV (win)
    • PvP Combat Rating 89+: 20 MoV (loss); 40 MoV (win)
    • Like x 1
  3. thirty six Loyal Player

I agree. It's brutal. The only thing you said that I'm not clear on or positive is right is the part about it taking the same amount of wins to get through the sets. You're absolutely correct for the 87, 88, 89 sets, but it balloons with the 90 set, which everyone who has been doing PvP and kept a bankful of boxes is wearing. So even if you grind your way through the 87-89 sets in a reasonable amount of time, it's pretty much like you have to do the complete grind of all 3 of those sets for the 1 set of 90 gear. Plus, you're still facing people who've been doing this longer and are in better gear than you that's more than likely expert modded.
  4. CCBatson Dedicated Player

It does seem that way until you remember that the previous sets of PVP gear had VASTLY inferior stats to the current sets that exist today. Even if there is a big gear gap between 89 and 90, it's still nowhere near as bad by comparison.

Also the 87-89 suits available now are *very* close in stats to each other, whereas the old archangel, original bombadier, virtuous knight, and checkmate armors were staggered much farther apart and the gear gap was much more apparent.

Now with each season, the previous Tier moves down one step and the third highest becomes the new green gear. It's a much better arrangement by far.

The only thing that is really hard for me to swallow is the sudden jump in mark costs (and win costs) once you become eligible for Tier 5 armor.
    • Like x 1
  5. Redscreen5 New Player

Well its only my alts that are struggling, my main two on PS and PC are fine but the struggle is real for anyone new to PvP. Don't think i'd have time to go through all that with the added perks of broken mechanics, lag and the occasional dis-connect.
  6. Caleus New Player

For the reasons you've listed is why I probably will only PvP on my main.
  7. feegore New Player

If only you were on hero side..... Just kidding!

Best way is to grind the 1v1/2v2 Legends Lair Battles. They're over REALLY quick and you can get more MoV in the time a typical arena match. It's still a b***** of a grind, but it goes by faster. Got from cash to full vengeance in about a week doing this.

Unless you enjoy getting shredded by full CR90's, but hey! To each their own :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Ice Lantern New Player

I agree. I have leaguemates who recently came back and the grind is way to discouraging even for guys who used to PvP a ton. I thought the seasons were supposed to alleviate some of this grinding. I thought that when a season begins, everyone gets put on even ground and would just have to grind one set of gear. The way it is now, it's gonna be a pain to introduce PvP to newer guys.
  9. Drkittenz New Player

I disagree. I started the game in mid December and started pvping in the middle of Jan. It took a couple of hours a day for 3 weeks to get max 90 gear from scratch. It's not that much of a grind really....
  10. John New Player

Oh its a grind yup