9 CR between normal and elite gear?! Roflmao

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by beardrive, May 25, 2023.

1. beardrive Committed Player

So I just geared up 15 of my alts after buying The gold gear off with my main and buying the feat over.

And then I noticed some of them went from 403 to 405. The max CR for this DLC is 414!

There is usually a three or four CR differential between the normal and elite gear for any DLC. If I would have known this, I would have saved all those marks for styles, or basically eventually source marks to buy other things as 2 CR means nothing. However 9 CR means a lot!

This went through four or five different systems within the creation process, then through quality control, then through peer review via the test server? The only word I can think for that is tragic.

The takeaway from this for me is when somebody dumps four or five pieces of elite gear into a DLC and then maladjusts the CR differential for all of that farmgear, my alts will become so debilitated and underperforming as to avoid all of the current content altogether and be suitable only for omnibus for the next 6 months.

I've parked my alts at the spring vendor, so let's see what happens with Patchwork 4.0 come November. I BEG of those on the test server to please do some peer review the next time around to save everyone the trouble of seeing this hissy fit.

Thank God the summer event and STU are hard upon our heels!

Wow.
  2. inferno Loyal Player

does that include the OP items in your alts?
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I can't tell if you're joking or not. The elite gear for this episode is 2 levels higher than the normal gear. It was the same for SoBA, Death Metal, Legion, etc.
    • Like x 4
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Regular gear = CR 408
    Regular gear + OP Head + OP Chest = CR 413
    Regular gear + Elite Jewelry + OP Head +OP Chest = CR 414
    Elite gear + OP Head + OP Chest = CR 415
    • Like x 5
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm pretty sure you're not genuine in every one of your forum posts. You were talking the other day about how easy it is to level alts because you got full Elite on your main. But you're only now realising this? I call ********.
    • Like x 2
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Unless im missing something i dont know about it, Max CR is 414 .
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The max CR should total up to ~414.9 which I though would round up to 415 but I guess not.
  8. Henoshock Well-Known Player

CR when fractional is rounded down.

CR with ALL elite gear and regular weapon and trinket is 410.
    Max CR with the two most recent OP items is 414.
    Note that the OP item this time is a chest, which influences the CR calculation more than most other pieces.

I'd guess that if you have the full regular armor, and then random drop jewelry and weapons, you'd be around CR 406-407.
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've got a few toons at 407 with not a single piece of yellow gear (elite OR regular) save the mask, rings, neck for the jewelry feats. They do however have the OP head (not even the chest yet) which is probably a big difference. I won't buy any yellow gear till I can buy the full elite set, and I'm not at that point yet, so no one has any.

EDIT: Looks like TheLorax laid it out pretty well.
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

OBV.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It’s 414.98. So I guess they were rounding up a tad.
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

+ Face Mod. Hell, why not :)
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

15. Great Architect Loyal Player

Why would he be joking, when he can be outraged about nothing?
  16. Great Architect Loyal Player

I feel sorry for the rest of your alts. How did those 15 make the cut? Was there a pit fight? Did it get ugly? What happens to the ones that don't get the new gear? There's a story here. A sad, and tragic story.
    • Like x 1
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

The max CR for this DLC is 413 WITH all Elite Gear AND an OP Chest at around 80%. Even maxing the OP just shaves under 413. Your alts do not all have Elite gear. They have vendor gear. What were you expecting?
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

I dislike you intensely. That might be why I am being so arsey. But the bottom line is that those are the stats for the gear you bought them.
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

In case it needed context, the screenshot I posted above is with all gold 355 gear, OP head and OP chest. The resulting CR is 413.49. With no OP items but still all 355 gear it’s 408.25. The chest and head are the first (tied with legs) and third most weighted pieces respectively, so the 12 levels on the head and 27 on the chest make a pretty big difference.

All that being said, everything scales the same as it always has and CR is just a summary number of your gear stats. To my knowledge, the only relevance it has independent from that function is scaling pet damage/health and power consumption (I think)*. Here’s a tool you can use to calculate CR and see how different item levels of different gear pieces affect it. As far as I know, it’s the only CR calculator out there that has the algorithm down correctly and is dead on balls accurate.

https://odyssey-gaming.netlify.app/cr-calculator

* I would still love for some kind of a breakdown from the devs for how power consumption scales. But that’s an issue for another thread.
  20. Dene Devoted Player

it does not :(

I guess it just means that next DLC it will go to 415 at a gust of wind LOL
    • Like x 1