44%

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Jul 25, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

Was doomspin aoe really 44% better than everything in the game? If there is no baseline, where did this number come from? How do we know what's balanced and what's op if there is no baseline? The devs said doomspin was over performing, but over performing compared to what? Sorcery? Did they compare the artifacts when comparing? Just me, i've never seen 2 equally skilled dps, and one beat the other by 44%. That's almost double the damage. Even if you're comparing the low man with 2 equally skilled dps, never seen 1 with 6,000,000 and the other with 8,600,000. 44% is ludicrous.
  2. Rev erse New Player

Although I don´t play as precision that number seems quiet drastic, 44% decrease seems a bit high, I guess around 20-30% wouldve been the better choice. And I guess 44% isn´t almost double, when you increase something by 100% its doubled. :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Berza Committed Player

Doomspin is overperforming a bit. But only a bit. I mean, as I don't like melee, I use might for AoE damage. As an electric might dps with subpar artifacts (160 grim, 160 scrap, 200 trans), with Prec both on Gen mods and affinity mods, running VMF (max 3 adds at a time), I never was surpassed by a Doomspin user by more than a 10-15%. Even when Doomspin users where using best artifacts at rank 200. But there are a few might users that blow me in damage even when I'm using DWFS, me having full 200 and them having 100-120. There is this guy in EUPS villains, Gadgets might DPS, I can't remember the name, but the toon has a name in Spanish. He has 80-120 artis, and almost deals a 50% more damage on St. But Prec is the bad guy here. Same happened with GU36. Unskilled players always shout louder.
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

10 split by 50 is 5. 50% more damage from 50 is 75. The reason I put the numbers from the low man. We don't know where the devs are getting their number from to be fair
  5. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

Not a fan at nerfing anything... If your rotation, strategy, buff or whatever makes getting through tuff content efficient.. I'm in. A lot of times the guys that got these type of edges on the burn would help get a P.U.G group through the raid.
    And just so y'all know.. It's obvious that some in the community & Devs get board with a play styles after awhile and just want to shake things up.. That's why they Nerf & Buff things... So they changed prec .. Why? So you'll go Might and use the New Suicide Trinket Now... It's a cycle I've noticed for years .. This tactic is nothing new lol.
  6. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

I gave a doom spin build a try over the past month. While I was in the range of top dps’ in the alert, I certainly was by no means dominating them. Yeah, it totally puts out the damage. . .when you aren’t getting interrupted. But that’s the trade off; some runs I feel like I spending more time setting up the combo than actually doing it; you don’t realize how often those npcs are blocking until you run this build. Perhaps with more time and practice, I would have improved by learning to be quicker w block breaks, etc. I wasn’t in love with the build, but it was something different to run as a mixup, guess that’s off the table now. Heat vision it is (Sigh...booorrriinngg). Ps please stop calling for nerfs based on test dummy nonsense numbers; they don’t reflect realIty in field play in the least.
  7. dresserball Dedicated Player

Equally skilled players can easily have that drastic of a difference. You just haven't thought about all situations.