3 Month Membership Didn't Renew

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tropical Skittles, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Tropical Skittles Taste The Rainbow

I ordered the "DC Universe Online 3-month Legends Membership(3Month) on 2/1/2014 for $29.99 for PS3. Every 3 months it renewed it, on time. August 14, 2015 it was suppose to renew and it never did. I have contacted SCEA, SONY and PSN. all of them said it shows my last payment was May 14, 2015. It does NOT show a subscription after that OR that the subscription was cancelled. But yet I have bank statements, proving I have been paying the $29.99 since 2/1/2014 to 5/14/2015. I have report/case numbers to prove it. But yet all I am being told is to redo it for the NEW price for 3 months. Why would I do a new one, when I was locked in that special deal and somehow it vanished? Is there anything that can be done, to help correct this problem?
    • Like x 6
  2. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

I sounds like by what you said that the 29.99 for 3 months price is no longer available and now you must pay the non-discounted price. Saying that they offered it in the past does not mean they will always offer it. Paying for it in May only Locked you in for those 3 months not the lifetime of your account.
  3. Patm82 Well-Known Player

if thats true then it would say expired not ended,
    • Like x 1
  4. Tropical Skittles Taste The Rainbow

If I started the 3 month for $29.99 on 2/1/2014 why would it end a year and a half later on 5/14/2015? Plus others have the same subscription time as me, and theirs didnt end.
    • Like x 1
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly.... it is a recurrent problem.

If you have a subscription at full price...... it will renew... no problem.

But if you bought a subscription on sale?? Strangely enough..... some mysterious event will happen where the subscription did not renew as it should have.

Sad.... but that has been going on since OC at the very least. :(

There has been many thread in the past about this happening.

Sadly all we get is "sorry..... there is nothing we can do". :(

Mepps was supposed to look into this at some point..... but as far as I know......... never hear anything from him on the subject afterwords. Although maybe he did say something and I missed it???? or forgot (yes I am getting old ;) ).
    • Like x 6
  6. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

It happened to me once before there's nothin unfortunately that can be done, sometimes it bugs out and just does that. My wife used to get that happen to her every 6 months. I don't know if it's intentional lol some sort conspiracy or just something bugged out from their end. But it does suck, because instead of ur 3months we were doin one month at a time. Only thing I can tell u is to double check the money is there few days in advance, make sure u click auto renew, even if it's enabled, disable and re-enable it again. That's the only way so far we been doin it and had a good success for past year now.
  7. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

It happened to me when one of my credit cards changed and I forgot to update my PSN =/ I was fortunate enough to get that rate again as it was offered for a moment again soon after it happened.

Could it have been something like that?
  8. Tropical Skittles Taste The Rainbow

No, none of that occurred. I bought the special 2/1/2014 for 3 months for $29.99. Every 3 months it auto renewed. On Aug 14, 2015 is was suppose to renew, but it didn't. SONY, SCEA and PSN looked into the matter. All 3 said that May 14, 2015 was the last payment they got for $29.99. All 3 said after that, it does not show I even had the subscription. All 3 said, it does NOT show on their end that the subscription was canceled. All 3 said, it shows I have been paying $29.99 every 3 months for it. It wasn't a different credit card, nothing like that.
  9. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

lol

Been screwed with that deal on a couple of occasions - yeah, I know, fool me once...blah blah blah

Grasshopper, naver think you get a good deal here... First mistake with many more too follow!

Welcome too the show...

IA ARMY
    • Like x 2
  10. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

That's the thing they can't see anythin beyond that or do anythin. When I called for the first time I was arguing with them for 2 whole months! I think it's from soe/daybreAk side to be honest. Either it's a little trick to get us to sub with different payments that benefits them more or just a bug that they haven't acknowledged yet
  11. Pink Revenge Committed Player

somehow the PSN store manages to always know how to withdraw more money if i need to for a purchase but DCUO can't. surprise. business model. this happens to ppl a lot.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If there is a payment error or the payment doesn't go through, the Membership will end and (currently) this discount plan is not available. Unfortunately, this isn't something either of our customer support teams can resolve at this time.
  13. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

C'mon, with all due respect that's a very shady policy. Surely there's something that can be done.
    • Like x 6
  14. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Like the other poster said. That's just not right policy, it has happened to me and when I did call sony they said that money was there ur auto renew was active and they don't see any that would have caused it. So it doesn't make sense WHY it would just cancel our sub and not auto renew. I always make sure I have more than enough in my wallet, make sure auto renew is active and it was still not auto renewing. So either there's somethin wrong on DBG or sony and honestly neither of u guys are taking the blame so we are suffering on the end.

P.s. Do apologize if I might sound Rude xD nothing against u mepps, just letting u know what we experiencing and how we feel.
    • Like x 5
  15. inferno Loyal Player

This is a ridiculous situation. If all 3 have a record that you have been paying 29.99 every 3 months since 2/2014. That alone, should mean that you have been in a subscription plan, even if their records do not show it. The money does. It seems their records do not show the subscription is not cancelled since "apparently" you were not in one. Obviously, YOU did not cancel it as they do not have a record of it.

It's more likely that a glitch occurred recently that removed your subscription status thus ending your "auto-renew"

And I say "RIDICULOUS" because There's been numerous threads of "I'm quitting or stopping legendary" crap and we're all worried about the DCUO population and here we have a legendary member, WHO WANTS to remain legendary to support the game and yet........
    :mad::mad:
    • Like x 4
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Another solution is to ALWAYS have the 29.99 for three months plan available. I'm sure it would encourage more people to sub.
    • Like x 3
  17. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Something is deffinitely off with the payment system, i've tried to buy stuff with my credit card (The one i've used for over a year) and it keeps being rejected, already checked with my bank and the card is fine, i even bought already stuff with it, yet the game simply says payment didnt go through and to check with my bank...

Sad to say this, but if by the time my monthly subscription is due it is rejected, i don't think i'm renewing membership :(
    • Like x 3
  18. Karnevil Committed Player

The obvious solution would be for Daybreak to keep that subscription option open to be used in only these situations. Not available for every one but just to have the ability to renew within something like 7 days of expiring. Because this can't be explained and you should want to take care of your existing customers.
    • Like x 5
  19. Tropical Skittles Taste The Rainbow

Mepps I had and still have plenty of money for it to go through. Here is proof. The $17.99 was for my PS plus that was done on the 17th with $169 left over. It wasn't my credit card, cause it worked to take out for PS plus.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I completely agree it is a terrible situation. It's entirely out of our hands though if you are playing on PSN.