2nd AM option for earth DPS?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by fkeidjn, Apr 28, 2016.

1. fkeidjn Level 30

I'd like to propose a second AM option for Earth DPS, one that uses aftershocks...

While HL DPS doesn't use power to do combos, aftershocks will consume power after the first 3 aftershocks are performed. However, the aftershock damage is obviously inferior to HL AM combos, nor does it benefit from any WM combos. As someone who used aftershocks quite often before T5 was released, I must say that pet AM isn't as fun as spamming jackhammer. This is the very reason why I haven't gone back to earth DPS'ing long-term since then. Therefore, I would like to bring forth the idea of having a 2nd AM option that involves aftershocks that is comparable to HL in damage, and doesn't consume as much power.

Who else would like to see an after AM option for earth DPS become a reality?
    • Like x 1
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

You guys can have this as soon as Sorcery gets a Vengeance Aura/Bad Karma advanced interaction AM.
    • Like x 3
  3. ErnieB Loyal Player

I love how you think it's you've just had an original idea. Btw HL isn't as perfect as you make it seem, we get interrupted, have to keep our combo going and our mid range wasn't the best either. You wont get a second AM because pet is your AM, I just hope devs actually force more player imput for the AM than what it actually does now. But knowing the devs they'll buff WM and give earth even more damage, making sure another might power is made even more OP, while precision powers are the only real balanced powers in the game, see we do have to stay within the margin, while the rest don't even care about it.
    • Like x 1
  4. fkeidjn Level 30

Tell me where you've seen this, and I'll try to get this thread deleted. Deal?
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

Just search "aftershock AM" and marvel at all of the results. People have been asking for this since Super Crystal first appeared on test and probably earlier.
    • Like x 2
  6. ErnieB Loyal Player

you can start by deleting yours.
    • Like x 2
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Earth and sorcery can use the same loadout and weapon we been using since t5. We are the only viable power atm that can do that, while most players with other powers complain about generic loadouts, and some pet players want to change that. I love using my weapons, hope the devs never change it
    • Like x 1
  8. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I don't want the am changed to the point that all 3 aspects pet/weapon/power aren't needed. I want weapon/power>pet not =to pet. I want soul barrage to =Trans. I want soul syphon to = shard. I want to use karmic backlash in my melee load out, not Shard.

And I want Ritualistic Word to power guardian again dammit.

I wanna be able to sub guardian for fury and still be competing, especially if I can't use guardian as a healer since he gets no power from RW anymore

• Like x 1
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Given how lackluster Rage is and its combos, no thanks. The problem with AS mechanic, for me, has been PP distribution. The pet loadout will always nab quicker damage on adds.
    • Like x 1
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lacedog once had.a thread all about a second am for earth.. Where it was just an aftershock load out..I know I have mentioned it several times to give us a second am back when they were still pushing the pets that most the earth community here didn't want...the majority in that initial work in progress thread all wanted a earth aftershock based power.... And then when Larry Liberty (dev at the time) said earth would be a combo power... We all expected it...

Really instead of giving earth two AMs at this point they should just put aftershocks into the pet am... When they fix weapons then update earth.. They should lower the pet damage slightly and increase jack hammer and upheaval while the pet is out.. To make it more inline with other powers that way you are using an entire earth load out and not having to rely on your weapon... If you wanna use your weapon then there is weapon mastery there for you to use...

My personal opinion on how they should do it..others might not agree..don't care it's my opinion
    • Like x 2
  11. Cyro Committed Player

You are asking for a second am......gooooooooooooood luck getting that. You will have more luck getting a black smoke aura for free.
    • Like x 1
  12. Neuthonix Active Player

To be honest, I don't think he will have that much luck with a free smoke aura as well, unless a really close friend to him decides to give it away.
  13. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Yeah this^ I love my weapons and weapon mastery it isn't always top dps, but it is more fun than spamming a power
  14. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Interesting, Bizarro would approve of this thread. Giving your enemies and the ground a knuckle sandwich seems like a charitable service.

For Sorcery I would like to use Soul Barrage, Soul Sorm, Soul Siphon, Condemn, Vengeance and Final Ruin.
  15. Cyro Committed Player

[IMG]