Not A Bug 2H Doom Spin Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by CrescentMoon, Oct 2, 2019.

1. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

While I stand by what I said in terms of how its performing on live in terms of trade-off's/vulnerability, while going back and doing baseline (weapon combos only) testing again, I noticed that doom spin is almost double the dps of the other 2H combos (Home Run and MegaSmash variations). My previous Excel sheet I had from test server had Doom Spin at slightly under those combos, which means the full combo roughly doubled in damage going into live server. I don't know if this was intended or not, but wanted to point it out as more than likely it is a bug. I'll point out more of the possibly problematic changes that may have happened in the transition to live as I come across them.
  2. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Also, Lunging Smash from 2H is adding 2 to the hit counter instead of 1. Small technical bug.
  3. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

The amount of hits has nothing to do with the dps of it. Damage per combo, it would be different, but damage per second shouldn't be double as animation time is one of the factors in weapon damage formula. In general, there's a dps increase when you go a higher combo say 1H Spin Chop up to Flurry up to Flipslash or MA Spinning Punch up to Smoke Bomb, but it's never double. There is no other weapon that has 1 combo who's dps doubles every other combo in that weapon. And that entirely paragraph also has nothing to do with the fact that the numbers it currently produces currently on live server is near double what it was during the entire phase of test server before release.

I don't use weapon mods when I do baseline testing, but I hopped on an alt just to prove a point. Did it last night, still doing it this morning.1 damage tick, 2 hit count. And relogging or closing/re-opening app changes nothing for me on ps4, nor am I lagging.

4. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Sidenote: Baseline Home Run and Mega Smash jc both parse higher than Clobber, which is why I mentioned those two.
    9169 prec
    6187 weapon dps
    no arts, no white mods, just a blue weapon box from the latest DLC as the only gear piece
    WE, no crit damage's spec, 245 in prec
    full prec gen's from latest DLC

3 Target 60s Parse:
    4 Melee Taps (then reset) - 5555 dps
    Clobber - 6238 dps
    Big Scoop (then reset) - 5417 dps
    Home Run (then reset) - 6307 dps
    Mega Smash jc - 6568 dps
    Mega Smash full - 5896 dps
    Doom Spin - 11500 dps

Compared to my previous Excel from Test Server last updated on 8/31 (the next 3 hotfixes on test mention no notes regarding 2H being changed)

And back then :
    4 Melee Taps - 4683 dps
    Clobber - 5204 dps
    Big Scoop - 5625 dps
    Home Run - 5977 dps
    Mega Smash jc - 5766 dps
    Mega Smash full - 5410 dps
    Doom Spin - 5151 dps
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We checked and the live numbers are intended for doom spin. It's a really long combo. We can move to a regular feedback thread if folks think this is a problem.
    • Like x 6