2020 - Legends PVP & Batman

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by EternalSKA, Mar 26, 2020.

1. EternalSKA New Player

I've been a huge Legends PVP fan throughout the years I've played DCUO. After 3 years off the game, I've finally come back and here is what I've noticed:

TapTapTapTapTapPower.
    Most fights I've been in seem to consist of this "attack safely" method of throwing a number of taps before a power spam. Its more likely you'll get punished for blocking now since it takes 5 or more tap melee hits to be dropped by a block (I believe it used to be 3 taps to fall in the past?). Your opponent now has more than enough time to throw in a little hold-range mid combo. So if you now decide to block less, prepare to be hit with a wave of CC effects and exhaust a good chunk of your power on breakouts.

Batman, Batman and what was the other guy's name? Oh yeah, Batman.
    Can someone who has been around the past 2-4 years please tell me why every try-hard opponent is likely to be the Bat? What is it that I've missed out on that has made him the go-to guy? I do miss the variety that LPVP used to have.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Most of the Bat family iconics have some damage advantage. Over the past couple years Catwoman, Batman and Robin have had their damage nerfed.
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

LPVP players were using Batman AND Robin a lot because their Range Taps and Block Breakers were too obscene. Not only could they spam it continually it stunned and damaged for way too much. Devs had to make a GU to nerf it but a lot of players still use this as a tactic and IMHO it's still not been nerfed enough. That's why a lot of players if they see the opposing team is just Batmen or Robins they'll DC leave. Add to the fact that Robin is free to play for Heros and Batman has the most skins in game (and was given to players for free awhile ago) then most Free to Play PvPers have Robin and Batman to spam with.
    Lorax is right about Batfamily. They're used by PvP spammers a ton cause if their exploits. Most have Tear Gas which can stun too much. Harley (another free to play for Villains) has her spammed Doom Spin. Catwoman had her unblockable combo. Two-Face has his five tap Rifle spam. Batman has his block breaker spam plus his drone. Robin has a way too OP loadout for a free Legend. Joker has TWO weapons AND movement modes plus his useless in PVE but extremely cheap box shield to just troll opponents with. I've seen countless Joker players using his rocket pack flying to fly up out of reach and then use Two Gun range spam to snipe players. Oh and most Batfamily has Stealth too. Seriously fight a Batfamily opponent with another Legend from another family. It's like fighting someone from another OP game.
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

robin op? That’s definitely misinformation, Batman is cheap, and the only one that can be considered such, but robin, Harley, and joker? Definitely not, and if someone is spamming range attacks at you lunge them
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Wow not my point but why are you obviously misinforming how unbalanced the Batfamily is? Your spamming is YOUR gameplay. If players don't want by play LPVP for obvious reasons don't lie about it.
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

D
    no legend in the game can win through spamming, simply because their power pools aren’t high enough, and no, the bat family isn’t op, only Batman is