(﹙˓️˒﹚) Radio Silence (﹙˓️˒﹚)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Knew you were going to nitpick. You know exactly what I meant.
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I only used those exact words because he was using those words against others/everyone else. Calling them sad and pathetic, so it was a counter basically saying calling everyone sad and pathetic is, well, sad and pathetic.

I always approach every topic like that, yet that person doesn't, and I'M the one you're calling out for it? Hilarious. Or perhaps you have that person on ignore and didn't see the hypocrisy?
  3. The Goat Level 30

Don't listen to the hall monitor white knight types. This company is insulting you by keeping you in the dark. Raise hell about it and be as rude as you deem necessary.

You're being ignored. They are not going to talk to you no matter how politely you ask. You have no obligation to be nice about this.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Which I stated earlier lol. I don’t blame the devs for things out of their control.

The devs that remain weren’t responsible for the other devs and CM being let go. It’s not their job to do the tasks that were part of the ones let go. That’s why it’s the higher ups fault for letting go of key positions without a plan in place. I place the blame on the ones responsible and not on those who are not responsible. Just like I stated the seasonal was poorly handled. The temp devs were just there to help out. They were not brought on to take up the CM position. So again, not placing the blame where it doesn’t deserve to be placed.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You knew I was going to nitpick yet still went with those choice of words? My statement has been consistent this whole time
  6. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You should try that strategy on a woman after buying her a drink. Please record it for me.
    • Like x 2
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Like a change of words would matter...

There are 3 constants in life.... Death, taxes, and you nitpicking.... i.e., you focusing on the wrong word/phrase because you can't comprehend actual meaning and/or context and subtext.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

That is development control Deity.

There's no such thing as outside of development control, it can be outside of an individual developers control, but it is not outside of development control.

The developers are choosing not to communicate properly, because they or someone within development is responsible for that, it is therefore now their job to do it and they're not, so that is development control.

If they laid off the person who usually did it with absolutely no plan as to how to manage the process afterwards, then that is development control or lack thereof.

No one here, at least not the rational ones, are blaming individual developers, but we are blaming "the developers" or "development", we don't have to get picky at the words used.

Development needs to do better and it isn't our job, as players, to come up with excuses for their failings, they need to just do better.
    • Like x 6
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If someone gets fired from a job it’s not other employees responsibility to pick up extra work that’s outside their contract on behalf of a business who has already let go of others who were in fact needed. Would it be nice if they did? Absolutely. But it’s not their job. If someone from the FoH in a restaurant gets let go without someone to take their place I don’t expect someone from the kitchen to now take on those responsibilities. That would then mean that the BoH is now short staffed. I don’t expect devs working on projects to drop what they are doing in order to appease a bunch of the community who will whine about literally anything. Their time is better of spent continuing on the work they are doing and letting the company fill the position that is needed.

As for no rational person are blaming individual devs. You’re right. But they aren’t the ones I’m talking to lol.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Take a step back Deity and take a moment to actually comprehend and understand what I am saying.

I do not care whether someone got fired, nor am I insisting that a particular "inappropriate other employee" pick up the slack, you're the one assuming that or even conjuring up that notion.

What I and undoubtedly others, at risk of speaking for them, want is for the appropriate developer to do their job and that is to communicate plans with the community in the normal routine expected manner, that HAS NOT as yet happened this year, despite being over due.

They laid off their most senior community manager, because they obviously felt either someone else could do the job and he was excess to needs or that made a massive blunder and didn't fully understand what his role was, either way is irrelevant to me.

What we need is for the person whose new responsibility that is, to actually do their job and at present, they are not, I don't even care for the reasons behind why they're not doing their job either by the way, I only care, as a player, that they're not doing it.

At this present time, the most likely person that needs to do that job is either the producer or creative director or whatever and don't come back at me as to some other excuse like "they need time", honestly dude I'm a player, I'm not a paid employee of Daybreak, I don't give a **** if they need time, that's not my problem and if in fact they do need time, try for once, as a player not to be a developer mouth piece and let them speak for themselves.

The creative director, the new one, whatever, could've even come on here and said, "Hi this is me, I'm just getting up to speed on everything, then we'll post an update" but did they, no they didn't, instead we've got this radio silence and it isn't good enough.

I'm not blaming any particular developer, apart from possibly these top ones and that's because that's their responsibility, whether they're new or whether they've been there for 20 years.

But when people talk about developers,devs or development, they're really being talked about it all as a collective whole, your constant desire to apologize for them as if there's nothing wrong with any of this and in fact you do this on many topics, just makes you look like a sell-out and honestly it's no surprise people think you're a secret employee, even though I know you're not, because there's some times, you look anything but objective, just calling it how I see it.

I mean you couldn't have read the room here worse if you tried.
    • Like x 5
  11. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

And if you actually look at how the bugs are set out, you need to like stuff for it to be seen by devs. Why have they not commented on 90% of the posts? They see all the forum stuff. Why not check in with peoples posts instead of ignoring posts that are being bumped from 4 years ago that still effect the game?
    You are doing all this JUST to argue, grow up and find something better to do. You disagree every chance you get so you have someone to talk to over a forum
    • Like x 6
  12. Proxystar #Perception

At this point I'm convinced they'd ask for likes and up votes on a bug even if there was a video put in there demonstrating exactly how to recreate the problem.

"Sorry we can see you made a video, but until 10 people like your post we can't verify that this is real."

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. TheMikeB Active Player

I see the white knights are out of hiding. They were too busy last week finishing 3rd on the dps charts and struggling in elite plus. Now they have come back home but found their master was fired for lack of customer service skills. Forgive their anger, this is new for them.
    • Like x 2
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Talk down to* more like lol
    • Like x 2
  15. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Then how can you sit here saying "mepps responds to bug posts" when clearly, you just said, he will not respond to anything with minimal likes and visible proof?
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Not sure what you're talking about, I agree with you lol
    • Like x 1
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I think he got you and Diety mixed up....

Which... until very recently.... I think a lot of people did. :D
    • Like x 2
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s the issue. You say “the ones who job it is to do so should do their job and communicate”. That job jas not been filled. The person who has stopped by to help out had said as much. Whoever’s job it is to communicate with the community should do their job. That I agree with. Hard to do if that position wasn’t filled. The new creative director is doing their job and working on the next dlc. Proof of that is obvious as info of the next dlc is currently on the test server files. So they are doing their jobs as you’ve said.

My stance is exactly as I state it to be. I put blame on the ones responsible. I do not blame anyone (whether it be group or individual) who’s is not responsible. You may see it as being apologetic which tbh I couldn’t care less how you or anyone sees it. As you know I like you, but you are just another players whose opinion doesn’t amount to anything. Just as my opinion shouldn’t amount to anything to you. I call things exact as they are. The current devs are doing their job. The higher ups have dropped the ball. It’s that simple.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You must really think highly of yourself if you think arguing with randoms is worth “having someone to talk to” lol. You act as if they never take a look at bugs. Or they never try to fix any bugs lol. That is just utter bs. Have you ever tried to code? I have and it was hard so I gave up as it’s just something I looked into on a whim. Especially in a game like this.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Do you honestly want to sit here and pretend like it isn't part of a producers or creative directors job to create a producers letter or to communicate with the community when so needed.

It might not be a regular developers job to communicate with the community, but it certainly is theirs and again failing that you don't lay someone off in a critical role like communication and not have some sort of alternative communication plan, someone is filling in those shoes and someone is failing.

I don't care who is failing dude, development is failing to communicate with their player base, you're just 100% white knighting this and it's sad.

Newsflash for you Deity, "the higher ups" are still developers, so the current devs are NOT doing their job when it comes to communicating with their player base, there's no ifs, buts or excuses, there's no "but, but, but Bob the Developers shouldn't be doing that..."

They (whoever it might be) needs to step to the plate.
    • Like x 9