→Escalation/Survival Alert/Duo/Challenge Mode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Neph, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Neph Dedicated Player

Just to clarify, what I mean by no walk-ins is that there should not be a situation where 3 members are carrying someone's alt to get them a lot of gear or marks. The player with the lowest CR rating in the group would determine what tier challenge their group can queue up for...
    • Like x 4
  2. Minnion Devoted Player

I thought the point was your groups skill determined how far you got.... (Where it started at the lowest tier and then got progressively harder as you survived...)
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

I think what he's saying is that you can queue up at the higher level and skip the lower waves if you want. If I were to queue on a cr103 toon, I'd like the option to skip ahead to the challenging part of the content.
    • Like x 1
  4. Neph Dedicated Player

it is, but you would not start off fighting waves of NPCs that you can one-shot; where is the challenge in that? It would start on an appropriate level of difficulty depending on which tier the group decides they want to do.
  5. Minnion Devoted Player

I just kind of figured that walk ins would start from the bottom if allowed...
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Another question, not sure if you answered it earlier. Is this a 4-man or 8-man. Or is there one instance as a 4 man, and another instance as an 8-man. 8-man obviously dropping better loot. Also I am assuming no walkins because you can que in once you hit lvl 30.
  7. Neph Dedicated Player

This would be ideal for a single, duo and alert; with an 8-man, there might be too much going on for the PS3 or the players to handle ;)
  8. Neph Dedicated Player

Plus, since I cannot edit my post ^

If it was set up for an 8-man, then less is relied upon the individual in the group and the solo heal or solo troll might be able to get the group through to the next boss. The object is for the system to win, not the players ;) haha

But if the players can survive and defeat, well the victory for them is all the more sweeter!
  9. The Sleet Well-Known Player

you deserve your own forums Neph!
    • Like x 1
  10. Neph Dedicated Player

lol, well there would definately be a lot of threads there, that's for sure...
    • Like x 1
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

If you could walk-in, it could potentially allow a group of uber-CR players to fast-track a fresh 30 to max tier gear right away, if the gear that dropped actually had stats. This content should be queue-only. Which leads me to...

What would be nifty is if what dropped wasn't actually gear but just a unique style to show off your accomplishment. There could be different styles for the solo and group versions. Perhaps just a couple of styles on a vendor that accepts tokens that drop from the last wave completed? The further you progress, the more tokens that drop. WoW does this with their challenge modes along with a server leaderboard.
    • Like x 1
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea i like that idea for the tokens, you could also trade the tokens in for marks of merit too at the watchtower or hall of doom. Or you could use them for a vendor. Obviously the vendor gear would be good gear and would be much more expensive than your traditional vendor. I think to reset the content should be equivalent to the type. This would also be good for league halls to see who has gotten the farthest for solo, alert, and raid type for leaderboards in your league base.
  13. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Love the idea. Especially if you could queue it as a 1 man, 2 man, 4 man or 8 man instance and have it further scale.
    • Like x 2
  14. Tweek New Player

could drop exos would give us another way to farm;)
  15. Weapon meX New Player

i'm all for PvG dropping rare styles, as long as, there are feat points associated with the completion of those rare styles
    • Like x 1
  16. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

I like the idea, especially if Controllers have to CC/Debuff the entire time.
  17. Neph Dedicated Player

I am all for smaller groups, because in an 8-man set up, the weakest player has 7 other people to rely on to make up for their short-comings. Smaller groups disallow for 3 dps to the in the instance, so the burn would be quicker and the challenge of a map like this would be defeated. I am in favor of challenge mode for single players, duo mode for players and alerts. Raids dilute skill in a map and set up like this.
  18. Hero of Justice New Player

Another great idea Neph! And Weapon MeX, I'd vote for PVG myself, Player-Versus-Gauntlet sounds cooler :)
    • Like x 2
  19. Marit New Player

A survival mode / instance would be sweeeeet ...... endless survival would be even sweeter long as the difficulty got so hard high enough up that you or your group is bound for certain death ..... eventually ... but better make sure no glitch's are there to let players get through the waves without taking damage
  20. The Sleet Well-Known Player

yes they would need to lock down this map from glitchers