“Free to play”

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Cisco, May 1, 2021.

1. Berza Committed Player

Actually even subscribers have that restriction.
    • Like x 3
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sub is 30 seconds I believe. I'd have to verify...but I know it always seems 2x as long when I'm on a premium.
  3. Berza Committed Player

It may be 30 but I think it says 60. Maybe I am wrong or maybe it is a typo. Not online now so can't check.
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes, but what do you *Win*? Top of the scoreboard?
    • Like x 3
  5. Eve YouTuber

WHAT? This is against the TOS. Players who does that get BANNED. It's not a normal thing to pay to cash sites. Don't make it one dude.
    • Like x 1
  6. Berza Committed Player

You was right, it is 30 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  7. L T Devoted Player

That's an extremely lucid post, and the best argument that I've read for calling DCUO pay to win (or at least pay to advance).

When artifacts were released, seals were able to be traded. That made things slightly less horrible...and then they disabled it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is really the only thing that makes the game not truely F2P AFTER you spend the 5$ for premium and to enable trades. If they re-enabled seals trading or make them earnable somehow in game, you really could run the game for 'free' and still progress normally.
    • Like x 1
  9. ErydisTheLucario New Player

Free to try yes, if you want to get anywhere with the rest of the game, you gotta pay. I do the whole once a month sort of thing, treat it like wow. It's easier for me to think of this like that. The only real free to play game I can think of is Warframe, where everything is in the game. It's just a heck of a grind. Point is, F2p is limiting, but its limiting for a reason, one that people have already echoed. It's to bring in the money. It worked on me, and that's because I been reading up and watching alot of media involving the DCU. Now p2w is another subject, and I think this game is very pay to win. However since I personally have no life, I dont mind the long, long grind to upgrade stuff like Artifacts and Augments, so I dont have to spend money on anything other than the membership.
  10. L T Devoted Player

Oly if they also removed the cash cap. I don't imagine seals would ever trade for under 3000.
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

In-game cash is not the only valuable thing you could trade for.
    • Like x 2
  12. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Guild Wars 2 is the same way. B2P setup. Buy once, play free forever. They sell cosmetics and a few items that make game life a bit easier, such as teleport to friend (long cooldown though, makes it less useful), Infinite gathering tools to save trips to the merchant, Account upgrade items (similar to what dcuo has for sale, slots, renames, makeover kits etc...) and a ton of Cosmetics. They're making plenty of money.
    • Like x 1
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah, the cash cap needs to stay member only or escrow token. It's probably the single most subbed for thing outside of the hard goods ($5 loyalty, 5$ replays and +4$ in extra stabs per month). I'd guess out of anything the no cash cap and promethium box opening is likely to be in the new member bundle.

And as Khalon said, there are other things to trade equally as valuable as cash. i.e. catalysts, rare items, Nth caches or detectors...merc services. IF the going rate of an SOP for example were 10 mil (just a rough number...who knows where it would land), I could offer up a Crystal shard for 1 SOP...or maybe 5 for 4.... Cash is not needed to trade for things.
  15. AnneColeman New Player

If you are talking about MMO, then probably the best option right now is WoW. If you want to find a game for a month, it will cost you almost free. It is unlikely that you will be able to stay there for just a month(I did not succeed). I didn't know that you can buy wow service to speed up a very long process of leveling up my character. The fact is that the most interesting part comes when you rise to the highest levels because only then does the most interesting thing opens up for you. I don't think it was the right choice of the developers, but despite this, the game is just great.