Which Power have You Seen Top DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by RamsesVIIX, Mar 30, 2013.

1. MARK2099 New Player

I seen every powerset top charts, but if you take good players in the same group, usually some powers are slighty better in score but not much, ofc damage score is not all the story, the power consumption is also important, no point PLAYER A do in gates 800k using 150k power where PLAYER B do 720 k only using 80k power, damage have to reflect power consumption.
  2. ARI ATARI New Player

the best dps uses dual pistols and holds auto fire the entire raid or pvp map.
  3. Captain Just New Player

Fire, Ice, Earth, Gadgets, Mental, Light, Electricity, Nature, Sorcery
  4. Ogat New Player

Yep and then You wake up to reality. Go to the fire imolation thread for instance where two well know and recognized fire players get stomped by a mental dps(Granted the mental dps is also good). Talking about equality, when considering that the dmg to be dealt is finite, and the speed at which dmg can be dealt varies greatly between various powers. BS.
  5. Captain Just New Player

Lol calm down friend. I have been playing this game since release and have seen EVERY powerset set top the damage chart at one point or another.. call BS all you want.
  6. La Chupacabra New Player

Is anyone else face-palming?

EDIT:

I mean there's so very much more to a raid than a powerset, BUT, to state that they all have the same DPS potential is absurd. yeah yeah yeah Player>power, but that's up to a point. Unfortunately some claims seem to get absurdly inflamed, and keep in mind again, it isn't just the powerset, and that argument is a double edged sword, what if that HL had a bad day? What if he was laggy? Of course his damage is going to suffer, and it seems you all are claiming that's an end all statement.

DPS is about consistency, and bottom line is all the power-sets just aren't on par, some require obscene amounts of trash to keep up, some can't even meet their full damage potential due to just plain stupid mechanics (HL's fan in prime or any target that's a half milimeter above the ground) or viability of set up (Mental's Dazing fiasco).

I don't see where all these amazing Earth DPS are, the very very best Earth DPS I've ever seen was actually an old friend of mine who was on point full t4 blah blah blah, in Gates, and we ended the raid with him @ 650k, with myself at 1M, on my HL alt @an impressive 390 prec.

Idk maybe I'm just blind.
    • Like x 4
  7. The Kitsune New Player

Does it really matter what power-set tops the scorecard/charts in damage out? IN all honesty O could care less about toping the charts. As long as the group succeeds and you have fun doing it then the rest doesn't matter.
  8. Ogat New Player

I'm calm, and i speak of the present state of the game of course. What was happening in the past is irrelevant as to how things are now. And stating that all powersets are CURRENTLY equall dmg potential wise is simply not telling the truth.
  9. Captain Just New Player

Did i say "currently"? I think i said "at one point or another".
  10. La Chupacabra New Player

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you, clearing content at the end of the day is all that matters, but you know, at the very least I'd like it if the balance was close, and from what I've seen, 3-4 powers (depending on the raid) consistently (key word there) smoke the others, and I'd like to see things be brought a little closer together to foster some competition. I just want a fair fight is all.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I am going to have to disagree with you. I've run both hero and villain Ops. Both are capable of cheating. Something as simple as a dps just attacking everything while the other dps that is actually good runs the objective. Yes, if the team is going for a single goal, then you wouldn't worry, but then again, if a person wants to top the charts, he's not going to be part of the well oiled machine of a group. The reason why I say Gates is the best example is that it is constant. It always spawns adds at set location, all the health of the adds are set. There isn't anything but a static variable in Gates. (Like how solos now show you how much damage it takes to complete a single challenge. There is no change between them unless you skip and it goes down in damage.)

You also say Gates is a Light's wet dream, but a gadgets can do the same. This goes back to what I said, it is whoever gets to it first. Before fireburst nerf, (The first one, not the recent one.) the time it took to cast that move, a gadgets player can have killed all that was in the attack with a few moves. Same with light. This doesn't say that each powerset isn't capable of doing massive amount of damage, it says that some do it faster than others. And like I said, it comes down to who hits first. With two equal build light players competing, both can hit a target (lets say with 1.5k health) for 1k claw slam, but only the one that hit it first gets credit for 1k, while the other only gets 500. Both hit for the same, but it's not going to show up on the end scorecard. This is why threads like this is just silly. Play what you want. If you think the next FOTM is going to be X and are willing to pay 1k in SC, so be it. (Just don't whine when they actually "fix" whatever is broken that makes it OP.)
    • Like x 2
  12. Old Gravyleg New Player

Any powerset can top the damage chart, as long as there's no HL or gadgets in the group. They could probably do it if the HL or gads is really bad, too.
  13. NoobishGuy New Player

My internet speed was just fine. The hardlighter was simply a good player. I know that there's a possibly that I am a bad player which makes him look good lol but I promise you I'm at most average! Still learning how to best utilise my loadout.
  14. Mad9 New Player

Hard Light too needs a player to operate it. No ob Hard light players are equally worse and can't do any better than other no ob players on any any other power set. The skill counts everywhere.
  15. Laff Riot New Player

I can tell you that its NOT the power, its the player. One of my friends pretty much topped the DPS board every time we ran together and he was HL. He switched to gadgets this week and still tops the boards. Another friend who was a good fire DPS went to ice and still tops the scoreboards as well. Its all based on who is playing the role.
  16. Sylar-Man New Player

Thats because its mainly a single target raid and Mental can excel at single target damage with our ability to stack Thought bubble, mass terror, and pyro DoTs.
  17. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

Psh, your the scrubiest dps ive ever seen.
    • Like x 2
  18. Volaron New Player

^ yup
  19. LORD_SHOCKA New Player

Well ive been dabbling in the art of ICE, and im at the top in most raids with the exception of prime and against some very skilled friends.
  20. Zhouz Well-Known Player

I "no tag out" with Ice.