A Mental BreakDown V2

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Femto, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

With all the recent PVP announcements theyve had pretty much saying that they cant do this, dont expect it anytime soon

It was hard enough to try using invisibility as a ranged DPS, I couldnt imagine using it as melee
  2. Sylar-Man New Player

Maybe they'll give it a shield that absorbs damage long enough for the loadout to pop up or something like that so you can't easily be knocked out before you can cast a power.
  3. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Here's a question that was brought up in league chat today...let's say I run with a fire guy and he casts inferno or something after I cast PF or Pyro, will that damage from Pyro/PF get overwritten by his inferno? I think it does, but wasn't entirely sure
  4. Femto Well-Known Player

not sure , it'll probably overwrite phantom flames dots and pryo's smaller ticks I'm guessing
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Thats kinda what I was thinking but never really paid much attention to it in the past
  6. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Inferno will stack with Pyro and Phantom Flames, or at least it should. Thing is, Inferno also casts Immolation, which causes burning and thus, overwrites PF and Pyro's smaller ticks. Even if that doesn't happen, Inferno will still eventually overwrite Pyro and PF with its ability to last a few more seconds after it expires.
  7. tomuchpressure New Player

what's a good loadout and rotation for prime
  8. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

DPS or Controller? Or Both?
  9. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Really the same thing for any other raid

Menace - Psy Shock - Pyrokinesis - Mass Terror - Thought Bubble - Terrorize is what I prefer (when im not superspeed)

I like to start off with Pyro> Clip w/ Menace>Mass Terror>Thought Bubble (adding in weapon combos where necessary)... Since so much of Prime is just you vs the boss, I like to apply as many DOTs as possible and go to town with weapon combos, reapplying DOTs when necessary...When you work on the adds and healer drones Menace>Mass Terror>Shock>Terrorize is my favorite to take them out
  10. tomuchpressure New Player

11. tomuchpressure New Player

thx greenman x
  12. Binary Zero Active Player

What is considered to be a good allrounder spec for handblast mental controllers ?
    I tried reading through all this but that the complexity of some posts are making it hard to understand. :|
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

It's hard to go wrong when controlling.

Power over Time: Tendrils or Telekenisis
    Defensive debuff: Phantom Flames or Thought Bubble
    Power out: Psychic empowerment
    Power out Supercharge: Words of Power or Speed Drain

Have one of each of those and then the other 2 powers are up to you.

Personally I do this:
    Tendrils, OPEN, Grandeur, Phantom Flames, PE, Speed Drain.

OPEN depends on the situation, somtimes I healing debuff in Horrific visions, sometimes a good AE stun with mass terror, and sometimes just extra damage with menace.
    • Like x 2
  14. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

nailed it.
    pretty much my autopilot trolling loadout these days for 4-8 person pve.
    the "open" slot is the only one you really want to mess with, and depending on the instance there are alot of options.
    generally depending on the situation it will usually be either Menace, MT, Cryo, or Terrorize for me.
    • Like x 2
  15. Binary Zero Active Player

Good info, I can work with that. :)
    Thanks!
  16. Sylar-Man New Player

Read up on the power interactions for each power because that will help you with figuring out which PoT move you like as well as which debuff.

For the open powers go with what fits your playstyle the best and what you feel helps you the best. Don't list to people in game who try to dictate your playstyle or your loadout for you. Just go with what you like to use. You'll have more fun that way and be more effective.
  17. Rebelyon New Player

I've have been HL & Gagdets but never Mental so now I have decided to join in the purplish pink crowd :p and loving it.

Any advice on how a good loadout for both Trolling and DPS with rifle? I tried to read through all 13 pages but it seems that Mental users largely all go melee?
  18. Sylar-Man New Player

For controlling I would recommend you check out Jeebie's comment above and for DPSing I would recommend Greenman_x's comment above.

Welcome to the world of Mental.
  19. Rebelyon New Player

Thanks! Actually I have already started trying those loadouts for my Hybrid and though I am missing out on PS due to lack of points, I like what i have experienced so far.

I like Mental's effects overall but it seems to be slower than Gadgets and not as clippy as HL which means it deals lesser damage per second? This might be due to me trying to clip grenades with every other power I use but it feels alot slower as compared to Gadgets or HL. And is there something similar to HL's phantom triangle for Mental?
  20. Sylar-Man New Player

It may or may not be slower. I never tried gadgets so I don't know just how fast they are. I know for clipping purposes you can use Psychic empowerment, menace, tk shield, or granduer. If you want moves that have faster animations Psychic resonance and TK push and quick multi target moves and both are cheap on power and both are good for controller and DPS role.

No phantom triangles for Mental. Although using TK during the last boss of Gates when the meteors are thrown will get you 1k+ damage with each hit (even if it hits multiple targets). Encasement breaking gets you HUGE damage and Helplessness is a PI that mental has that certain powers in the TK tree get additional damage on. For the most part your controllers and Tanks should have things helpless a majority of the time so you can get additional damage by using those powers just from having your teammates do their normal things.