we need more casual styles !

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

so as much as i love flying around metro or gotham with my undies on the outside, id love to walk around as a casual person on the street. Female toons have a nice casual shoe style, a casual for the male is a ugly sneaker with a sock that`s calf high. is there a posiblity the devs can create more casual styles ?
    • Like x 11
  2. Original Kal Well-Known Player

We do need more styles. Specifically a long sleeve slimline with open hands and no collar or designs on it. A basic superhero shirt, like New Genesis without the lines on it.
    • Like x 1
  3. MrFunktaztyk Well-Known Player

the very subject of a thread I started before the Forum change...

I was asking for stuff like Kilts and Togas, as well as Flag emblems and such...

Lets hope they listen
    • Like x 1
  4. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Some non robot or non armor styles would be nice. I'm a superbeing, why would I need armor? Also some better female heels. Most the female footwear is too big and clunky. Some two toned hair would be nice as well.
    • Like x 3
  5. Bioinc Skull Committed Player

6. gtgrafe New Player

I couldn't agree more with the OP. I hate 90% of the styles, as they make no sense with the storyline. If I were given super powers I wouldn't suddenly go dressing like a *****. If anything, give us some new emblems to put on t-shirts.
  7. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Oh and I'd like the emblems to not show up on my skin when I'm not wearing a top that doesn't have room for it. I like using the emblem shield, (shined brass), but if I'm wearing the metalhead top the emblem shows up on my cleavage.
    • Like x 1
  8. Rush New Player

We need. suits, ties, shoes, shorts, t-shirts, hats, glasses, maybe a bathrobe? LOL, ok maybe not the bathrobe. But we def need more options. MORE MORE MORE! xD Id like to see more toys to, Like a jump rope or a hula-hoop, or a basketball? Maybe be able to have player interactive toys like playing catch with a glove and mit with another player. idk. Just there are a lot of things we could use added to this game. but only time will tell wont it.
  9. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

no, no.

I want the bathrobe too.
  10. Rush New Player

11. Octantis New Player

I just want Casual shoes that are metallic and shiny, or God-aweful tube socks (even I don't wear them OUTside the game ...), and leather/track jacket that's open with a plain shirt underneath; no chains or swag/bling/whatever the current stupid name for necklaces is. Along with open jackets, I'd like a long sleeve button-up shirt with rolled up sleeves, open and unbuttoned, with a plain tee underneath.
  12. Periphery New Player

I would love more styles. But beyond that, the walking around with the regular people is out. They scatter and run whenever you go near them, Hero or Villain. I guess from a design standpoint they figure a Cape would be worth some type of reaction and never really figure that a lot would op for walking around in civies. Still make Secret Identities worthless.
  13. Rush New Player

Maybe if they gave us day jobs so us poor heroes and villians could make some money we would be able to buy clothes whilest still managing to fit into the society that we work tirelessly to protect or destroy. make it a social zone..or maybe this thread is being derailed. So back on topic. More casual clothes please :)
    • Like x 1
  14. SuperMia New Player

Since most girl styles are either really embarrassingly skimpy...or very masculine armor...

I would like more fashionable normal clothes please! Also I would like these too:

Wedding Dress, Cocktail Dress, Little Black Dress, etc. XD
    • Like x 3
  15. OnyxTemplar New Player

I'm all for new styles but for DC Universe inspired styles. Suits, dresses, ties, heels etc. not really, I would not like to see this game turn into some kind of Sims Online. Being a super hero/villain is not about wearing casual clothes, isn't it ?
  16. Octantis New Player

I'm a pretty average guy who also happens to enjoy the whole idea of Superheroes, and even I have to agree with you here. Not every female character needs to look like Powergirl, or a ... um, employee of a very questionable age-old profession.
    • Like x 1
  17. Octantis New Player

Keep in mind the plot of this game is everyday regular people suddenly getting super powers in a rain of nano machines from the future. Not everyone would, or should, be wearing tights in that regard. Though I would like to see many more Slimelines styles as well :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Blight KOBRA Commander

More trench coats.
  19. Mighty Bug New Player

With regards to the idea of "regular people" getting superpowers, that's pretty much how the majority of super Hero's start out... normal. The idea of having costumes that that set Super's apart from the average citizen is what makes them interesting to the readers and places them neatly in the genre. To the point of supers not needing armour, just because I have superspeed or can shoot fire from my hands doesn't mean I can take more damage to my internal organs than before I gained said abilities.

Not to sound like a jerk, but it really sounds to me like this is not the game for you folks. Look around at the majority of the population of the players and their outfits. They are almost all dressed as "superheroes/villains". You are in a very small minority, and because of this I honestly don't think your request is very high on the design teams priority list. It takes time to design and implement clothing styles, so I don't see this happening any time soon unless this thread suddenly explodes with hundreds of requests supporting the idea. As someone who plays this game to get absorbed in the fantasy world of comics, I certainly hope they don't add more regular clothing, and concentrate on more of what we get from time to time... Superhero/Villain styles.

Just trying to be realistic in a game dedicated to the DC Universe. ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Rush New Player

. . . I bet you sleep in your tights too huh? Do you wear your super suit to class? Or to work? No. .? I hope not. That would just be funny as. . Listen i don't know what type of mmorpg's YOUR used to playing but the fore-mentioned things are very critical to making someone believe that they are imersed themselves within into an online world. This is not call of duty or starcraft buddy. There are different aspects to this game and I will be the first to say it. Its not just about pvp or pve, its also about roleplay for some of us out there. Now..Not trying to derail this thread again...so BACK to the OP subject. MORE CASUAL STYLES ! :D