No Spring Seasonal on test yet?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Apr 29, 2024.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Tomorrow is May and we have yet to get Spring Seasonal on test server, which is very, very late (normally Spring Seasonal hits test around mid April).

A bit concerning as increasingly Spring Seasonal will be pushed further into May, or perhaps even June for Xbox/Switch servers.
    • Like x 3
  2. ItsMeAgain Well-Known Player

Pfft bro you kidding me!? They still are pushing out April Fools trash! Somethings going on behind closed doors and we are left outta the loop I'm afraid.
  3. ItsMeAgain Well-Known Player

Pfft bro you kidding me!? They still are pushing out April Fools trash! Somethings going on behind closed doors and we are left outta the loop I'm afraid.
  4. SolarSniper23 New Player

Could care less on seasonal or really anything. 3 hour omni raid ques on the switch server. Games dead, been dying. It's time to call it.
  5. iLazy Well-Known Player

That's a switch problem. I know some ppl need a mobile system but switch and mmo are not compatible.
    It can't even run a Pokémon with 30fps
    • Like x 3
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I’m guessing since they promised episode 47 in Q2 they’re probably rushed for time and can’t be bothered to turn off April Fool’s or put Spring on Test. At least I’m hoping that’s the reason. They could get the Superman base FoS out on time despite it having glitches though. It is hilarious but new capsules or booster bundles they’ll release on time and will announce it. Everything else, who knows and with the disastrous PS5 client upgrade do we really want it released if they can’t internally test it themselves? I know a lot of people have said things that despite some having problems with Mepps things were a lot smoother around here when he was here well now I’ll extend that little caveat to Jack too. Dear God I’m missing Jack too now because when he was still at the helm at Dimensional Ink some basic things were still getting done. I mean this is where we’re at people. But hey there’s still the handful of trolls on here who still defend Daybreak so better not upset those guys I’m sure all the lovers of current DCUO are queuing up for things right? LFG chat in US server only goldbots are spamming. Barely anyone on DCUO anymore. DCUO is dying faster than spoiled milk yet last week all those haters who came into my thread last week and trashed me WHERE ARE THEY NOW?!!? I’m so sick of these defenders of Daybreak coming into threads with their bs when the game gets worse and worse every week. I’ve started to just login get my rewards and leave because finding people to just do the endgame alerts is difficult. But hey I have geniuses in my thread tell me I’m lying when games dying. SMFH these people unbelievable. I’m done with this bs I really am.
    • Like x 3
  7. Eve YouTuber

I said it on another thread but it looks like Spring will launch with the new dlc, so they're probably aiming to put them on test together. This is just the only thing that makes sense. Spring is my favorite seasonal so I'm disappointed it's not out yet, even just on test. Hopefully maybe if not they will update test this Friday with the seasonal. But doing one game update makes more sense than two to put both live.

Also yes please turn off April Fool's, it shouldn't be longer than a week in all honesty. :(
    • Like x 5
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I blame all of this, the state of the game, the current development challenges, and even the current staffing challenges on THAT individual. He did more to damage DCUO than anyone or anything else. He implemented most all of the policies that have since had a negative impact on DCUO and its gameplay. Once he did his damage, he bailed on the Company and took talent with him.

Good riddance I say to THAT individual.
    • Like x 4
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Only problem with that logic is that the new DLC is also not on test yet, and it will need a few weeks of testing (especially if a new artifact releases with the episode). It also has 2 raids not one compared to previous recent DLCs. Unless Spring Seasonal is launching late May I'd imagine while both the seasonal and DLC will go on test at a similar time, the seasonal would have to launch by next Thursday (9th May) at the very latest. The DLC probably looking like late May now unless it gets rushed on test server for a 15th/16th May release.

Mind you, Spring Seasonal is getting later and later each year, it will end up being a July seasonal in a few years time at this rate.
    • Like x 3
  10. kallader Committed Player

They say team is full now but they seem to struggle to do simple task like stop april fool drop or remove superman day box from dropping when finish Omni and take over a week to answer peoples reporting bugs like if most peoples in the team are just working 1 day of the week so I feel like most of the team is literally working on something else maybe another game they are clearly not working full time at all.

I think seasonal styles should be given to the popular Youtuber 1 day before they put all on test and test for seasonal should last only 7 days because most peoples only watch youtuber and are not participation on test anyway and we have plenty of time to try stuff free in 1 week. ofc just a personal opinion :)
    • Like x 3
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The worst part was that it seemed like it wasn't the first time he damaged an MMO with similar tactics, though it was the first time he brought people with him when he left as far as I know. I would not have trusted someone with that history, but I also don't own any MMOs, so what do I know?

Hopefully, things start to look up soon with the new people running the game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

If you forgot, Halloween and JLDC were both together on test when it went live for testing first. So it's not really the first time they've done it. Plus it also launched on the live servers at the same time.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Spring Seasonal and Brainiac Returns episode launching on test server together is a possibility. Launching together on live server is probably very unlikely unless Spring Seasonal is going to be out well into June (which technically isn't Spring). And this doesn't even factor in any potential delays of the seasonals for Xbox and Switch servers.

Also of note is in your example both the Halloween Seasonal and episode went on test mid September last year, prior to October (which is the Halloween Seasonal month). In this case today is the last day of April, May is the Spring Seasonal month typically, and neither the Seasonal or episode is on test yet.

Hopefully by the weekend both the seasonal and episode will be on test, if not sooner. (At the very least the seasonal anyways, the episode is to launch in May so it could very well be 29/30 May that it goes live and it would still be May).
    • Like x 3
  14. SingingCoyote Active Player

Ever since those 2 devs left the company, games been horrible. Literally not one good thing has happened in the last YEAR (if not more).

And the whole of us servers are in shambles and nothing has been communicated yet.

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU! complete joke
    • Like x 2
  15. Eve YouTuber

Good points, I think we will have to see if they are putting it on test by Friday (I'd say Friday as the latest), or if they put them both together. But I don't see the point of taking the live servers down twice in May? Though we are really only speculating here so I myself have no idea, it just what it looks like when they did it back then. Communication is really needed here (Specifically with a delayed seasonal that could give people something to do in the meanwhile.)
    • Like x 2
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Unless seasonal goes up in a hot fix ie. server restarts (has happened before) its probable we will get 2 GU downtimes in May unless we are getting an extremely late Spring Seasonal.
    • Like x 2
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

theres nothing to test. they will probably stop putting seasonals on test because all we do is complain about the prices
  18. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

The team was full but under the job section for dcuo they now have three positions that need to be filled.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, honestly what is there to test unless something is changed? 50% of the time things get called out in test that don't get addressed before live anyway, and the fix is applied a week later.

New ep...yes...needs to appear a few weeks before launch. Seasonal? Yeah, probably only a net negative for them assuming the prices are high or rewards are junk.