Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Grim Fandango New Player

Please just let us at least move the built-in amenities (Mainframe, Dispenser, etc.), and maybe make the basic interface a little more subtle/hideable/interacted some other way than by taking up an entire wall of the base?

And also, it's high time you get rid of the silly "you need to place 15 items in blue circles before you can place items where you want" requirement. And just get rid of the blue circles altogether, they serve no useful function whatsoever.

Ditto for the gold ones for amenities; why the heck should we be forced to spread them out all over the base? The whole point of a base is to make things more convenient for us, not less so.

I'd rather all of that than any more base items.
    • Like x 1
  2. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

My updated wish list...

1, More Base themes I'm REALLY happy to see you playing with this idea again, and I'm GENUINELY looking forward to seeing the Fortress themed base... we need MOOOOORE, preferably some medium sized bases too.

2, The ability to place amenities where WE want to place them like we do with Armouries.Trying to work around the Mainframe, Generator, and Base Vendor is a PAAAAAIIIIN.

3, Some basic items that everyday people use... Washing/Dryers, towel racks, Stair banisters, Guitar Rack (wall mounted or floor... either would be cool).

4, More Base vehicle items. Car, Truck, SUV... you get the idea... they are in game already so they are easy to port into base items...Think of all the ways base crafters would use these :D

5, More source light objects, preferably ceiling items.

Keep up the awesome work with the base items, the last few batches have been top notch! looking forward to Spring and Summer to see what goodies you made for us :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Grim Fandango New Player

Just more ceiling items in general. Especially decent ones that aren't rare as a hen's tooth.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mr-Somes New Player

More amenities for league halls as well as lairs would be nice. Like the ability to place an NPC vendor or Legends Armories you can use if you collect the complete style. That could be pretty cool. Items you can interact with should be top of the list
  5. DcHarleyQ New Player

Please increase the number of base item slots available to place. 700 isn't enough for these larger bases like Brainiac and Wayne manner lairs.
    • Like x 3
  6. Futurebatman01 New Player

I have to say it's not so much what I would like to see as a base item but more of what I would like you devs to do for us.

1. First thing i would like for the devs to do is allow us to use any of our already unlocked armories style to be placed in any of our bases not locked into only to that certain base.

2. Second, I would love to be able to place our base items not just limited freely but actually freely in our base. What i mean by that is if i wanted to place a plant upside down hanging from the ceiling I can. Not just wait for a base item to come out to match what am looking for. Another prime example of this is the gingerbread house that came out during the last winter event. You have the walls able to be placed together however the roof has to be placed up on the ceiling that way the roof fits with the walls. This could be avoided if we were allowed to place them actually freely ingame.

3. third, I would love if you devs allowed us to place our amenities at any location of our desire, not locked into only the purple circle area. I would have had so much option if this was not the case. but only limited my creativity in creating my base.

4. Please, take this as constructive criticism into improving the base system ingame. As this needs almost a major overhaul. Me and other players love creating and building our bases up. But we are limited by the capacity of the game base system.

5. Most importantly. Please put a system in place to being able to buy exactly what furniture we want not just random drops in a specified area where it could drop or the whole Doctor fate base item box that is random.
    • Like x 1
  7. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Today is my birthday and what I wanted to add to my base is one of those old fashioned tiered birthday cakes but just like the old fashioned joke a woman jumps out of the cake and sings you happy birthday. Closest thing we have to a Marilyn Monroe type character that could do that in DC lore would have to be Poison Ivy with her plant phermones to drive men wild. Would be great of she actually sung happy birthday the way Maralyn did when you click on the cake and she popped out as an interactive item.
  8. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I would like to see every door we have be interactive to actually open instead of having to break them into pieces. It really takes away from the feel like you're in a base when you have to shatter everything and you see splinters all around.
    • Like x 2
  9. Vedvaengr New Player

Not an item, but related to base content so this seems the best place to put this ask:

Make it so the Sidekicks/Accomplices have a different costume (or random from a set of given costumes) based on one's alignment and mentor (and possibly some extra flair or a color scheme based on one's powerset). Might give them more interest for use.

The current costume they use is good for metas, but seems.. off for a tech or magic hero's sidekick/villain's accomplice.
    • Like x 1
  10. arkhamowl Level 30

I would like to see an interactable game console as a base item. The console could be hooked to a TV that would display DCUO gameplay. This would go great with the gamer emote.

If it's not possible then I wouldn't mind seeing a non-interactable game console as a base item. Maybe even with a table that has game controllers on top of it. There could also be a TV that displays gameplay but it's similar to the TVs we have in game (the ones with GBS footage) so it's not interactable but has moving images.
    • Like x 1
  11. 7Zefi7 New Player

A complete drumset.
    • Like x 1
  12. 7Zefi7 New Player

A Themyscira base theme.
    • Like x 1
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

So one of the things I noticed dropping from the Superman day loot boxes was a large sized cover poster of Crisis #7. I know we've had the smaller base sized poster of this in game I was never aware it had a hall sized twin. Very curious when this was added.

That its a George Perez cover makes it one of the most valuable and precious items in game. We've lost a few very talented comic book artists and writers the past few years. Long time greats like Neal Adams and newcomers like Carlos Pacheco. I would love to see a series of comics book covers paying tribute to the very people actually responsible for us having this game.

A series of DC milestone covers. A dozen or so of some of DCs most famous covers. Showcase #4, Brave and the Bold #28, Green Lantern/green Arrow #85, the JLA/JSA crossovers, New Teen Titans #1, Kingdom Come #1.

and so on.
    • Like x 2
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

also still hoping for a League hall sized disco ball.

a really big one.
  15. DcHarleyQ New Player

I know it's way too soon to be requesting this with the newly released Fortress lair, I but wanted to make another suggestion for a lair in the future for next year maybe?. Trigon's Prison inspired lair, with possibly a small outdoor section and new floor plan design. All of the hallway wall designs, Trigon's gate of bones and stairway, lava etc.
  16. Achikah All About That Base

With the recent Superman Day Caches dropping older Sunstone/Kryptonian trinket pets from Survival Mode, is there any way we could get them as Base Totems/Furniture too in a later release?

I think this is the full list:
    • Sunstone Broodmother
    • Prime Assassin
    • Sunstone Domineer
    • Alpha Stalker Triad
    • Sunstone Assassin
    • Yellow Sunstone Scorpion
    • Black Sunstone Scorpion
    • Red Sunstone Scorpion
    • Sunstone Predator
    • Like x 3
  17. NOPOT4YOU New Player

I would love to have a seaside sunset base item that fitss on the wall of the manor base
  18. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

So, nothing on the robots? Or zombies?
  19. Herobrin3 King New Player

I'd love to get the Vortexes of Magic from JLD cursed in Cursed Gotham as a base item it would go perfect on my sorcery Character.

[IMG]
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

and just a few days later...

[IMG]

I absolutely love having this in my base and league hall. All the posters are great additions.