Superman Day Celebration Now Live!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MiguelDaybreak, Apr 18, 2024.

1. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Spring in the northern hemisphere lasts 3 months, the Spring event in DCUO lasts a few weeks - there's still plenty of time for it.

In fact, DCUO Springtime seasonal always happens in May (starts last week of April at the earliest, but usually a couple of weeks later).

Springtime Seasonal Event | DC Universe Online
    Spring Seasonal Event | DC Universe Online
    Spring Seasonal Event | DC Universe Online
    • Like x 1
  2. InfernoShark New Player

Superman Day Celebration Now Live! - only the game is still down.
    • Like x 2
  3. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

When I asked for the time frame, I was referring to the down time since they listed every piece of info about this last minute update so far, except for the shutdown period.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'll be on later this evening, but mail is fine. Can't do hand to hand trade between us good guys and you Eeeeevil Villains anyway.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Eh...a 'long' downtime with no heads up is kind of annoying...reset day does make it a bit more annoying.

I get they like to give some stuff as 'surprise' things...but when it comes with a surprise downtime...it kind of puts some stink on it.
    • Like x 3
  6. DeadlyFreak New Player

7. KillaBaby New Player

wie lange denn noch?? ich will endlich spielen :D
    • Like x 1
  8. WonderEU Level 30

For those of us on the EU server it is now 7pm with no idea of when the servers are likely to come back up. I start work early so will maybe get an hour or two at best when the servers eventually restart. Had we had a heads up I might have done something productive with my time rather than sit pressing X every few minutes in the hope the servers are actually back up and running
    • Like x 4
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

"the game is down for scheduled maintenance"

Edited to add "but said schedule is proprietary knowledge and we're not going to tell our customers"
    • Like x 2
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I guess I’m just not letting this get to me cause it is Superman related and it seems like it’s gonna be helping revitalize old content more of like how the collection did.. to me this is a good thing
  11. Tros Well-Known Player

Yea lol! But in my mind i just think that new creative director is coming up with new things... Just a thought.
    • Like x 1
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol
    • Like x 1
  13. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding, superman has always been my favorite
    • Like x 1
  14. rimvader Well-Known Player

Status: 4/18/2024 5:55 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled maintenance.

Many of us would like to know in advance of an 8+ hour 'SCHEDULED' downtime.
    'It would ruin the SURPRISE! (Superman Base and Items)
    A kick to the 'jimmy' is a surprise too, like this downtime, I would like to see coming.

DCUO "Here , See the New Shiny!? Want to play...."
    [IMG]
    See you ToMorRow?
    • Like x 4
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Having babies is a good thing too....but don't talk to the person giving birth while it's going on and tell her not to let the process 'get to her'.

You might get punched in the face.:eek:
    • Like x 3
  16. Nuclear Nematode New Player

I think not communicating downtime is bad. I think that in order to celebrate a certain day the game should be available that day. Half of the community won't get to celebrate today let alone get their daily or weekly resets done because you decided to be down for i assume 8 hours without telling anyone. Anyone else miss Mepps?
    • Like x 5
  17. madnus New Player

To celebrate Superman Day, we're shutting off the game all day to potter around with something that could have been handled in the middle of the night during the daily shutdown... thanks. Guess we'll have to celebrate it tomorrow then.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Somehow, I'd guess the irony is lost on him.
    • Like x 1
  19. SmokeyBear Active Player

So as in Live now you mean Live later
    • Like x 2
  20. madnus New Player

love the announcements on social media and the launcher, telling me it is live, only to find it is in fact, under secret, sorry, scheduled maintenance. C'mon guys, do better.
    • Like x 2