Dev Communications?...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AshocusTheMuse, Apr 18, 2024.

1. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

I get this is a new team, but we haven't had any proper updates, or communications from the Dev team since the beginning of the month. Now we're all sat here thinking it was a normal update only to find out servers are still down. Please guys/girls/theys... Don't keep us in the dark if you're doing longing maintenance.

Rule one, gamers don't like waiting :p

But seriously, You really need to work on community relations. It's hard to trust a company that doesn't let it's players know what is happening.

Much love, Hope we hear from you soon

AshicusTheMuse
    • Like x 5
  2. Chilontius Level 30

End of last month is when the new dude came and said 'hey we'll communicate more, plan on seeing me around.'

He has not logged in since april 1st, can check his forum info lol.
    • Like x 3
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Since the beginning of the month? Try literal years. That brief moment they came in and *tried* to give reassurances (if you can even call it that!) did not count.
    • Like x 2
  4. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

If you missed the 900 other posts about this, lemme recap:

Miguel and Angelina are filling in for now as we dont have community managers
    They are currently looking out for them
    Miguel and Angelina are not to blame for "lack of communication" as they only relay the information given to them
    • Like x 2
  5. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

Thank you for the clarification. I wasn't yelling at them, merely voicing a concern. but I am happy to hear they are trying to find someone suitable to rectify the situation.
    • Like x 3
  6. Chilontius Level 30

Odd, I just see the "Senior Community Manager" tag on her information, Angelina that is.
    • Like x 1
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Love how, at the top of the forums, it says the game is "down for scheduled maintenance". Does it still count as scheduled if you don't announce, in advance, that it's going to happen?
    • Like x 3
  8. Chilontius Level 30

to be fair it happens the same time every single day. It's just usually only 30-45 minutes. Most games go down for 2-3 hours a week, they chose much shorter downtime, but daily. However they seem to be reaching the same time as weeklies for other games.
    • Like x 1
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

She is the Senior Community Manager for another game entirely :p
    • Like x 1
  10. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

Between two people, not one of them had the ability to announce there would be downtime? There would be a new base, they didn’t announce anything actualluy.
    The x2 tarots were still active on the EU at 12noon (GMT) there was zero communication on that (not even to say, oops! Ya’ll got some free x2 tarots due to a mistake of not removing the bonus) nothing! They clearly have the info beforehand, but put it up at their leisure.
    Fs at this point, there’s more info coming from randoms on the forums and yt, than the actual employees.

This was one of the reasons for the uproar that took place almost a month ago, when they broke silence only to announce a new BB. Now, it’s to release a new base (that’s clearly gotten more attention than the PS5 client update.

P.S. look at the state even the forums are in for a few weeks now. Can’t log in at all at times. Others it takes mins to load a page, or just gets stuck trying to load. Nothing is mentioned in bug fixes. There’s nothing about nothing!
    • Like x 2
  11. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

As
    As i said in the post.. They are NOT to blame as they only RELAY information given to them. Read the damn message. Im EU and i understand there are different timezones, working hours, maybe they are just away today who knows, i mean maybe they just didnt get the memo as they have to do other things for daybreak instead? You dont know whats going on and they have said themselves they relay information given to them by the devs and management. ITs not on them
    • Like x 1
  12. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

And you will see that Miguel has also stated that he and Angelina are filling in until a more suitable person is here. They have other jobs in daybreak to worry about too.
  13. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Except that this isn't the usual daily downtime. This is an extra downtime that occurred about eight hours after the usual daily one on the EU server, and is now into its 5th hour.
    • Like x 2
  14. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

I did read THE DAMN MESSAGE!! They are responsible for keeping the community apprised and up to date (part time or not) it’s their job! Your response is filled with “maybes” that suggest i don’t know, you’re right! I don’t! Because it wasn’t relayed, AGAIN! AND THAT’S THE WHOLE POINT! No-one knows! HENCE, the lack of communication thread. You also don’t know! But profess “they’re not to blame”. Maybe they did “get the memo” and chose not to relay it (for whatever reason) you don’t know!
    Miguel stated himself, that he wasn’t aware information was given by mepps before the resets, or updates, and he’d try and be more prompt in his info giving.
    Angeliana hasn’t really updated or given basically anything since her first few days. It doesn’t even actually matter why information isn’t given; It matters that isn’t given. Look what it does to the forums each time. People get angry! Because it’s been a recurring theme now for some time. All hugs and kisses and apologies when they’re ready to launch something that’ll bring in money, but during the inbetween times, DEAD silence!
    What was it the new producers letter says? “To put it simply, it’s a great time to be a DCUO player! “Now, more than ever, it's important to keep you all updated on our plans.” FABBY JOB!!!
    • Like x 6
  15. WonderEU Level 30

Well said and I agree totally I work long hours and start really early. I finished work and saw the new that the Superman Anniversary and Base WERE LIVE NOW as the banner stated. Yet they aren't as we are still waiting to get back into the world on EU side it is now nearing 8pm and I may have an hour possibly two before I have to go to bed for work. Honestly a simple heads up from someone with a green name is the easiest thing for them to say yet they are consistently failing their player base.

Honestly. Please bring back Mepps, yes he was difficult and self serving but at least we knew what was going on.
    • Like x 4
  16. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

They cannot do their jobs if no one gives them the information. Their job is not community manager. Its something else in daybreak, they are just filling in. Stop crying about lack of communication if you dont understand whats going on.
    The reason a few months ago we all rallied and hated the lack of communication is because nothing was said about anything. Now we have miguel and angelina doing what they can. They are not replacement community team members for good, they are doing what they can and are told until a more permenant fix is found.

Dont be stupid. They have their work cut out for them. They are working 2 jobs at the moment with the community side for DCUO. We are so used to how mepps dealt with things that you dont understand how basic business works. They need to hire someone AND train them to do their job as daybreak intend. Its not going to take 2 minutes to train someone and hire them, there is more going on that you understand. So just back off with what they are doing. You have no idea whats going on, neither do i so just give them a break
  17. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

Again! You’ve just added your on take on things as fact. You’ve no idea what information they’ve been given. But stand ready to jump to their defence. It’s says SENIOR COMMUNITY MANAGER under Angeliana’s name. Not “acting SCM” or, “when i have info to give SCM” just the same thing it said under mepps’ name. Stop defending lack of communication, when you know absolutely the same level of **** all! The reason for the “rally” was because of zero communication, THEN, a big ole, buy our new BB. Now! Now we have zero communication, after a statement telling people to expect more communication, almost a month ago. And again, it’s back to dead silence. The ps5 client is broken, yeah, we’ll get too it at some point. Still can’t see your allies? It’s all good! we’ll fix that too when we can. You didn’t realise there was an x2 art week this week? Yeah, we’re really sorry about that! The person charged with that task didn’t get it up in time. Sorry again! we just didn’t get around to putting that up! Maybe next time, eh buddy!?
    • Like x 2
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I get that you're defending the people who are essentially working two jobs while probably only working enough hours for one (at least I hope that's the case in terms of hours), but this is a complete fiasco. Players should never find out about extended downtime after the fact. I do not care who is to blame for it. All I care about is how poorly this was communicated to a player base that is already extremely frustrated with the direction the game has taken over the past six months.

I said I was not going to post about this topic again because last time I was seen as defending the developers/community manager/what-have-you, but I feel today was handled in an absolutely unacceptable way, and I do not believe excuses are warranted in this case. There are multiple social media platforms available where they could have given us advance notice with 1-2 sentences that would have gone a long way toward avoiding this situation. There is no reason I can fathom why absolutely nothing was posted before 7:44am Pacific Time today.
    • Like x 3
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

-Fix the server issues already; I'm tired of the server not responding and duplicating posts-
    • Like x 1
  20. GGreenie New Player

Fact: There is an absolute lack of communication.
    Amazing person's response: "Stop crying about lack of communication"
    Another fact: What we expect is literally two lines of text once a week.
    Amazing person's response: "They have their work cut out for them, just give them a break"

Some people...
    • Like x 2