stat clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dior_XT, Mar 27, 2024.

1. CharlesVerde New Player

I agree with your viewpoint and would like to subscribe to your newsletter
    • Like x 1
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I didn't swear anything. Send me a link proving I did. You have me confused with other people. I've only EVER discussed hypothetical ways to loosen the clamp and/or add an option. Also advocating for Cross-faction Grouping options. If I discuss the state of the game, I am merely being a realist. I like to discuss hypothetical ways to make it better, and hope perhaps the devs take it into consideration. If it shuts down it shuts down, if it doesn't then it doesn't. I don't even know who Theodore is or what you are going on about, perhaps you got me confused with someone else.

Edit: Yup, got me confused with someone else.
    "It was YOU that created a post in another group actually asking people what game they were moving on to since you and people like you proclaimed this great game was dead and done for."
    None of this was me, AT ALL. Ever.

Save your arguments for those actually trying to destroy the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

What does the bottom sentence of your Sig say? Nuff said.
  4. Cort New Player

So I am a newish player (~90hr, almost Tier 6) but play other MMOs (~2000hr in XIV).

And I see it the other way. The population is too low to NOT have a stat clamp. While they do want to get the most out of existing players, the main goal is always to attract new players. And new players want to play content as intended (an experience that is still not well designed tho) which would be even harder to do if all the real players just queued for content unsynced, then either new players are just carried through at super speed and are confused, or they have even longer queues.

But the issue is that new player experience is still not good and is very confusing, and also people still dont queue Omni as much as they need to support this system. And then old open world content is just left to die. Coming into this game from XIV this confused me a LOT. Beccause I think the stat clamp exists to benefit newer players, but the systems do nothing to actually encourage older players to play older content. In fact I think they actively DISCOURAGE it. The only benefit is random gear, style hunting, feats, and source marks. All rewards that have decaying value the more you play the game. I think the solution is: make old content more rewarding, make it easier to get help from others, make players work together.

Here's some ideas I think should happen:
    • Omnibus needs more rewards besides weeklies and an extra SM. Give maybe a couple more SM and a random small extra reward (more SM, Ally Favor, Nth Metal) to encourage people to use Omnibus no matter what they are after. And incorporate a "in-need" system to tell players when one of the Omnibus is low and offer a small bonus for queuing then.
    • There needs to be a better way for players to communicate to others they need help in an Open World. A spam-filled LFG channel is not enough. Make a "Job Board" (Party Finder) where players can say "I'm doing bounties in Central City come help" and give a tiny bonus for helping out your fellow players. Or use it to get people together for specific feats.
    • Assuming that all goes well, and duty populations improve. Then you can implement an unsync mode (max power, undersized parties) for duties specifically for quests and feats. Limited loot, as you still want Omnibus to be #1 for looting.
    If any of you played XIV the above might sound extremely familiar, and that's because their system works. Outside of high-difficuly you can do any content anytime because they have proper incentives in place. Which is what is missing here, so many incentives in DCUO are tiny drip feeds and one-and-done. Little reason for players to stick around after they do their daily/weeklies in Open Worlds/Omnibus, and until that is properly addressed full stat clamp is a must. But lets be real none of this will happen.
    • also kinda unrelated but while I'm pipe dreaming, I think there should be an "episode guide" that shows info and progress on the major parts of each episode (descriptions, main quest, current dailies, current weeklies) that you can look at for each episode to help direct new players and see from distance everything they're unlocking access to. cuz journal just sucks for this.
    • Like x 2
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I knew you were going to try and bring that into it. Just because I hope the bandaid gets ripped off, just means I actually want it to. I might enjoy seeing the "world burn", but that doesn't mean I'm going to cause it to happen. My point of view is if the game shuts down tomorrow, well I won't have to worry about it anymore. Does not mean I actually want it to NOR try to get it to. Not one of my posts anywhere even remotely reflects this. If you actually read my posts, you would see that I try to have these hypothetical conversations to try and make the game better (and more fair for everyone on every platform), not the opposite. I'm obviously upset the direction of the game took, but that's about it.

So, you arguing with people that literally agree with you still makes no sense.
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Every MMO has some type of stat banding quit crying about this already people it's never going away
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

True, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be revisited to address the excessiveness of the clamp in tiers 4-6. It seems quite fair on tiers 1-3.
    • Like x 3
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Not every MMO has this type of stat banding.... apparently.

Change could happen... and it would be because of people pointing out the need for that change that make it happen.

[IMG]"QUIT CRYING ABOUT THAT TAX ALREADY, PEOPLE... IT AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!"
    • Like x 3
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Drink your tea GhostRyder! I’ll have Earl Grey please
    • Like x 2
  10. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Right now... Kambucha.
    • Like x 2
  11. the solowing Unwavering Player

The thing is you need to define how it is excessive. Unlike us they have the data in the numbers to say how effective it is. Given that it hasn't changed And years you're gonna have to come up with a compelling argument for why it's should change. And everything said in these threads haven't moved the needle.It's just reiterating what has been reiterated for years.

A different approach is gonna be needed rather than slamming heads against the wall and expecting it to change
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I don’t believe they have had the available personnel to go back, look at the data they have, and make re-adjustments given all of the other projects going on. But given how they monkey around with stat piercing and percentages of this and percentages of that, it’s no wonder content in tiers 1-3 seem so much different from the way content feels in tiers 4-6, especially in tier 6.

Last night I made the mistake of playing an Omni raid; I got the Source Wall…, oh joy, right. After 45 min we still hadn’t gotten past the Batman Who Laugh’s henchmen. I had to go because I needed to get up early for work. This was a Regular version too, not the elite. It was ridiculous the amount of time we were spending in this raid to not have gotten any further than we did. The clamp is excessive in my experience in that I felt I was wearing all green level gear.
    • Like x 2
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Ah, I see what your problem was…live footage from Tiffany’s raid last night:

[IMG]

Your tank was a cat!
    • Like x 2
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

Oh dear,…next time confirm that your healer knows it’s “Mouse AND KEYBOARD”

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Grim931 Committed Player

Not trying to speak for Tiffany, but the excessive bit is how much progression has been stripped away from us... It's beyond noticeable and a little heavy handed in my opinion. I doubt anyone has the "numbers" to back up the statements, but it is easily felt (especially in those tiers). The other excessive portion of it is how much you need P2W items to get the slightest sense of progression in old content... it's extremely off-putting to demand that much time/effort/money just to go back in OLD CONTENT and feel any sense of power. It sucks, and kind of defeats the entire premise of getting "stronger".

There are also fresh eyes on the project, there's been a ton of turn around and there's also a new person in charge. If they're doing what they say they're doing... actively playing the game and getting a real sense of how this is all playing out from a few different perspectives, then yeah... things could change eventually. Just because they haven't changed yet, doesn't mean it won't ever happen. I haven't seen a green name step in yet and confirm that this is going to be permanent. You think they would have done so in that other thread... but no. Instead? They said it was valuable feedback or something along those lines (along with removing a few pages of nonsense from both sides).

Obviously, the sentiment towards the clamp isn't changing with any of us as well. No one is going to stop bringing up actual problems that quite a few of us are experiencing. The fact that these problems are still persistent years later, with other people, should be a sign that not everyone is having a fun time with the game. Kind of defeats the purpose to have a game operating that no one likes to play.
    • Like x 3
  16. the solowing Unwavering Player

Personally from my experience, the source wall is easy. What makes it hard is those who don't know how to block one mechanic. Now i'm willing to try and assist people in learning but if nothing changes i'm vote kicking and we'll get someone else can learn a mechanic so we can get through it.

Which is why I'm pretty adamant on inviting you to my runs to see why I feel the way I do.

Also I saw you on yesterday around four eastern on ff14, you were gone 10 minutes later though lol
    • Like x 2
  17. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

There is so many things they can do to alleviate the clamp without having to change anything. Because stats revamp is a clamp of your base stats 70%, it means gear and skill points are subjectable and hardly noticed. They added artifacts and now allies these systems are not clamped and players have noticed the game is a lot more about these two things than anything else. I strongly believe a clamp as heavy as 70% allows them to work on more systems to milk the game because after all it is a free to play MMO and these systems like artifacts and allies generate money. So the real question is when is the next progression system coming to alleviate the clamp a little bit more for everyone and bring more progression to the game? I believe there are three more progression systems in the pipeline. I also believe that they are working on clamping Arts, they give way too much of a bonus and their plan was always to let us wear a lot more than three. we are currently wearing 9 artifacts by swaping, so nine slots doesn't sound far-fetched but with an art clamp of course
    • Like x 2
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Meow!
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I logged back in on FF a little bit later after that. We got a new FC house, it’s bigger than our old one (a medium sized) and it’s really beautiful! You need to come by and visit it. The funny thing is, it located across from and below on the lower street level to my old Free Company.

Regarding the Source Wall, while I was in the raid, we never made it to the Perpetua one-shot block mechanic. Damage out was low across the board for some reason. I can confidently say after my experience last night the EG version of the Source Wall when I was 2 DLCs above it was by far easier than what I experienced last night with the Omni EEG clamped version of the Source Wall.

Like I said, it was like being a noob to that raid wearing all green gear. The only positive I had going for me was my health. I was able to take a lot of damage, as someone who is CR 429 SHOULD be able to do.
    • Like x 2
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

That guy was a random from a different league. You know how it is when you blind queue in Omni lol