PS5 version is worse than ps4

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Siramez, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Dev72 Dedicated Player

By reading the responses, it is probably best to continue to play the PS4 version until the kinks are worked out. Was on the PS4 version yesterday on my PS5, and everything seemed to run smooth.
  2. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I hopped back on in what seems like 6 to 8 months to test out the PS5 version and i was running pretty smooth except for crashing during cutscenes twice.

It is honestly not really as big of a noticeable jump. The UI still take 30 seconds to pop in when you log in.

I expected your style tab to load in a lot faster too. If anything it just goes to show how much UE3 is likely bogging this game down and must be a nightmare to work with. Its a 20 year old engine. I know they wish they could port the game to UE 5.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Kinda disappointed that PS4 version is still pretty slow asf too. I know I know nothing to do with the PS5 native client blah blah but still with all this time spent the game still feels like janky PS1 gaming.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey, thanks to everyone who took one for the team and DL'd the new client. Do us all a favor and let people know when it actually works better than the PS4 one. LFG was lit up last night with complaints of the lagginess so I opted out. From what I see here, I'll keep opting out for ver 1.1 or 1.2 to come out.
    • Like x 2
  5. SUPERMANONCRACK Level 30

I logged in to PS5 version for 2min. Collected my Dr Fate reward and logged out. I couldn’t handle the lag and nothing loading in the house of legends. I hope things are fixed soon. Mr MixyPixy was lurching across the screen. I am saddened.
    • Like x 3
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its not laggy, just low fps. I fought Gentleman ghost with 9 ppl yesterday night and besides the constant 30 fps, all went fine. I even did some damage testing with a league mate with gadgets and the numbers are still the same - which is not what happens on test server which screws your damage due to high ping / lag.
    I never crashed during 2 hours of playing/testing but had a crash when trying to log in today.
    The textures do look pretty tho, so its not all negative. :D
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[IMG]
    @MiguelDaybreak I'm not sure if you want to create a thread for feedback on that client. If so, this post could be moved there in the future.

Shadow quality setting:
    It would be great if this could be a thing in the future. Of course it will drop the possible fps, so instead of adding this as base improvement, it would be a setting with a slider or options (low, medium, high). Jagged shadows - although easily missed by glancing across a scene - have a great impact on how we perceive quality graphics.

Camera sensitivity:
    Increasing the Camera sensitivity would be another thing I and many other console players would highly desire.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Add to that if you wanna make any purchases you got to go to the PSN store instead of in game for now.
    • Like x 1
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Is it still laggy ? I had a few leagumates crash last night over and over
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I wonder how much of that is due to bugs in the PS5 client, and how much is due to Sony's choice of HDDs or SSDs for the console?

The reason I bring that up is simple: The most current console I have is an Xbox One. Some of the choices that both Microsoft and Sony made in that console generation soured me on console gaming, and made me move fully over to PC gaming. On the PS4 and Xbox One, Sony and Microsoft STILL insisted on building the consoles with ANCIENT 5,400 RPM hard drive tech that created a bottleneck for game performance. On the Xbox One, the external connectors were USB 3.0, maxing out at about the transfer speed of 7,200 RPM hard drives. So myself and many other players bought external 7,200 RPM USB 3.0 hard drives, and installed our games on those. The games boot up faster and run better as a result.

So on the current console generation, what if Sony's choosing low-cost, slow speed SSDs? My 2023 Asus ROG Strix Scar 18 laptop has Samsung SSDs with transfer speeds of over 7,000 mbps. Are Sony's SSDs anywhere near that fast? I honestly don't know. But if they continue to choose cheap, low-end hardware components, that can and WILL negatively affect load times for your games. If there are expansion drives you can add to your system that run faster than what Sony installed at the factory, try getting one of those, setting it up on your system, and installing the game on it, to see if that improves things. Best advice I have at present.
    • Like x 1
  11. TanyaTheEvilll New Player

After downloading I logged in and all my chat channels were gone, especially the important ones I was invited into. It's like starting from scratch, do I need to re input everything back in manually or wait until another update to fix?
  12. TanyaTheEvilll New Player

After downloading I logged in and all my chat channels were gone, especially the important ones I was invited into. It's like starting from scratch, do I need to re input everything back in manually or wait until another update to fix?
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh....darn. I can't buy more BBs or TCs?

Shucks.
    • Like x 2
  14. Siramez Well-Known Player

because it is a new client, your PS4 settings doesnt transfer to PS5 so this is something you would have to redo everything (this is actually a normal thing, i dont know if they would allow us to transfer ps4 settings to ps5)
    • Like x 1
  15. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

They aren’t gone. They’re just not installed on the new version. You’ll have to re-do them all again.

yes! It’s still laggy. I my nephew is playing it right now, and it’s still bad (not as bad, but still bad) he’s playing with a wired connection, 506mbps down. 27ping. The ps5 version is absolutely **** in its current state, and is taking up space on peoples consoles. Seeing as we don’t get info anymore - it’s probably best deleting it until they release a fix (maybe give it 3 fixes before re-downloading it, seeing as its dc)
  16. Nitewish New Player

So where is this hotfix? The ps5 version is horrible in the eu.
  17. SingingCoyote Active Player

When has dc ever released something working perfectly?
  18. SUPERMANONCRACK Level 30

Yes it is.
  19. SUPERMANONCRACK Level 30

Booster bundles
    • Like x 3
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

They should seriously promote the guy or gal who works on those BBs because they always release smoothly and put ‘em in other departments at DI to share the experience. I’m kidding of course but you know…
    • Like x 1