PS5 version is worse than ps4

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Siramez, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Siramez Well-Known Player

30fps, no 60fps option, everything feels so slow and sluggish

only plus things is faster load times.
  2. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

The music is different.
  3. MiguelDaybreak Community Relations

We're still ironing out some kinks with the PS5 client as the servers come back online from maintenance - there's a hotfix we're currently working on submitting for the EU version of the client that should hopefully fix the FPS issues people are experiencing.
    • Like x 5
  4. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

bro chill , still fresh and bugs are ALWAYS expected .
    • Like x 2
  5. Siramez Well-Known Player

im not expecting them to fix new stuff quickly lol. im just sharing what im experiencing.
    • Like x 1
  6. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

Yes! Bugs are to be expected. Every single update or dlc drop brings with it new and exciting bugs. It’s not like they’ve had years to work on this or anything :/
  7. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Wait, they're actually launching the PS5 version? Wow. Didn't think we would ever get it tbh!

My biggest concern is just whether or not it's even gonna be worth using it though.

See, here's my situation - I have a PS5. It only has a 1TB SSD internal storage, so it only has a finite amount of internal storage. Now, I also have a 6TB external HDD connected to it that I used to use on my PS4, and that has literally hundreds of PS4 games stored on it, including DCUO.

Now here's the thing....Games built for the PS5 CANNOT be played from the external HDD. They can be stored on there, but they won't be playable from it. If you want them to be playable, they have to be stored on the internal SSD. Which means if I want to upgrade DCUO to the PS5 version, I'd have to store it on my finite amount of internal storage.

Is it really worth it?

Is it going to be enough of a noticeable difference to warrant devoting precious SSD space to it? I don't think it will. It's gonna have to be a pretty significant upgrade to make it worthwhile to me, and I just don't think it will be.
    • Like x 1
  8. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

PS4 version is 48.23 GB in size. PS5 is 33.13 GB. That’s apparently without 60fps LOL!
  9. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

Is the max fps dcuo can handle is 60fps? Why can’t we get 120fps already?
  10. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

If it stays that way then I guess it's not awful, but it would still have to take up valuable SSD space whereas at the moment it takes up none.

Still, though....I'm just curious if the load times are actually that much faster, or if the framerate has any noticeable difference to it. I mean, the PS4 version doesn't exactly run terribly on the PS5 as it is. Sure it could be better, but it's perfectly fine. The framerate is never so bad that it's unplayable and the loading times have never really bothered me all that much (not like the load times in Fallout 76.....Jeez they're slow lol!).
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Personally, I plan on just using the PS4 client for a little longer, to give time for the bugs, like the fps issue, to get worked out.
    Smaller client size is appealing though.
    • Like x 2
  12. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

The main loading tog the game seems much quicker. But,.. I only went in to change the settings etc. as it’s basically starting from new. The frame rate is frighteningly unplayable lol! For anyone who plays at that type of frame rate, I’m sorry! But why even bother? The lag when turning etc is… omg! lol! It’s unplayable like that. I would like to see the finished version! But absolutely 100% do not delete the ps4 version just yet.

Edit: FR was probably around 10 or less when I was logged in first. It’s more stable now. But still not too good! The only difference I notice, is more lighting, and very slightly faster loads (not much) but… still the first few hours in. For anyone who was expecting this to be a “graphics update” (dunno ppl kept saying that) no! It most certainly is not lol!
  13. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

fps is super bad so i logged out for now till its fixed but game is crisp and clean tbh lol
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???
    On USPS5 it seems to run very smoothly.
    Did not try the game on PC.... yet. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Nitewish New Player

EUPS5 is running horribly, Frame rate is awful, Below 30fps at times, Items taking ages to update when i change mods etc.

This does not feel like a PS5 game.
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Does it feel like a PS3 game on a PS5?
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's a really strange move on Sony's part, if you ask me. So, you can't run PS5 games from the external HDD, so what options do they have for you to expand your storage? Do you have to use an external SSD? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  18. Gro Level 30

I bought an additional 2TB internal HDD for my PS5. There is a free internal slot for one. I think the expansion slot actually works better than the OEM drive.
    • Like x 1
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? The game seems to run smoother on USPS5..... load faster..... less lag.... UI less glitchy.....

But....

I did not download the new PS5 Client from PSN store.
    I assumed the game was update automatically during the downtime??

And the new client is not on the PSN store.
    Heck did not even realise we had to download a new client until I saw people mention it.

Do we need to donwload a new PS5 client?? or not??

Me am confused now. :confused:
  20. Siramez Well-Known Player

looks like to me you are playing the PS4 version if you didnt download ps5 dcuo. and yes you have to download ps5 version dcuo by clicking on the three dots on ps store and clicking on "dc universe online free to play", that will bring you to the ps5 version page (you can tell by looking at the logo, with one word "universe" in black/dark grey colour <--- this is ps5 version.
    • Like x 2