So... About that creator program...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FluffyCloud99, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well if they cut the cord, then it will be more fair and I would bite with your arguments on how people should have new gen to play DCUO to it's fullest. Until then...
  2. TheeOwlsTalon Level 30

They’ll probably cut the cord on the switch when the switch 2 comes out
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It shoulda never been on the Switch to begin with, it was a blatant money grab... But that's a whole other story lol
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

To clarify for people who may not know the difference. What you’re talking about are sponsorships. Sponsorships and partnerships are essentially 2 different things.

Companies tend to sponsor creators either with a similar field or with good rating. Said creator would essentially do their typical video format while taking a moment at some point during the video to talk about the sponsoring company. You’ll typically hear the line is “and this video is sponsored by…” if we use OC as an example. He would be talking about dcuo or playing dcuo then talk about the sponsor. After the sponsor section is done he’d go back to talking about dcuo. Typically you’ll see sponsors that can relate. Raid shadow legends, ear bods, energy drinks, etc.

A partnership on the other hand is a creator who is already doing content on said company. The partner would essentially get previews to showcase, items to give away, codes/coupons, etc. essentially to create hype within the community or better showcase items or components within the game. Some examples could be a partner getting a new base early (before release) to showcase, be granted the full set of OP gear to review the style and stats, early access to raids to do a walkthrough video, etc. dcuo could even made one time use codes that grant a new item not yet released. The creator would them do the typical giveaway and put the code somewhere in the video.

So basically 2 similar things but still different.
  5. Sollace Well-Known Player

That's what's already happening with their abandonment behaviour and their silence of information, it's motivating people to leave the game. People only come back out of targeted interest.
    • Like x 1
  6. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

So, I'm curious (but not curious enough to try to find the original post)... Is DCUO explicitly included in the creator program, or it just assumed to be included? Did the post include a list of games that qualify, or is it just a generic Daybreak / Dimensional Inc. announcement?
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's for all existing Daybreak games one would assume.
    • Like x 2
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Each separate Daybreak game will have its own partnership details that are specific to its game. So the content spotlights, anything creator related would be set by DCUO and then I imagine whenever there is some event with other Daybreak games everyone apart of the program makes a release as a cross-promotion attempt for playerbases to expand between other daybreak titles etc.
    • Like x 1
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Oh, I figured something like that was the case. I was just wondering if we know for sure that DCUO is one of the games they'll be doing that for. Especially considering they don't seem to be willing to make any kind of effort for DCUO anymore, even to let us know about in-game events before they start.
    • Like x 2
  10. C3alix Committed Player

I'm just gonna say it:

Watching a content creator art swap on a stream is not going to bring in more players. It's going to make them either question it or move away from it.
    • Like x 2