Did Mepps Leave DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Except SS KTJL is getting terrible reviews. Rocksteady is laying off half their staff. From the looks of things they released it too soon before more content could be finished. If WB Games truly thinks that it’s better to keep around than DCUO then sure. I don’t know where people are quoting from but apparently Daybreak has the license till 2030. If that’s true then maybe there’s hope. The license could still be canceled before then or the game as you say put into maintenance mode till then but there’s a still a chance. I don’t know Daybreak’s relationship with WB Games is like but it seems that WB is pretty hands off of DCUO for the most part so who knows? I will say that what did struck me as I read reviews of SS KTJL it sounded more like a DCUO episode than what a Rocksteady Arkham game would be like and you reminded me of that. It might be that WB Games does want to push DC content video games to FPS Overwatch alikes but I really hope not. Anyways we can just conjecture at this point who knows what the future holds especially with the industry wide layoffs?
    • Like x 1
  2. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

I wish him the best of luck and with his charming attitude I'm sure he will be just fine.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Keep on smokin' whatever you're smokin', because Mepps, as Community Manager, was in charge of contact with the players to communicate what was going on with the game. He wasn't making those decisions that you're attributing to him. Game Update 36 was ages ago. This game is never going back to what it was before then unless and until someone does what has been done with City of Heroes/Villains and Star Wars Galaxies, and that's to host the game on a Private Server. In both those cases, that was done after the official shutdown of the games, as a way to keep them alive for their most devoted players.

So, IF the day ever comes that this game does shut down many years from now, and IF you can get your hands on the source code, then maybe you can host the game on a private server set to its pre-GU 36 "glory days". Better go to school now for Video Game Development so you can learn how to do that IF the opportunity ever arises! :p;)
    • Like x 2
  4. myandria Item Storage

Welcome and thank you for stepping up to the plate. I wish you the best of luck.
    • Like x 1
  5. zNot Loyal Player

does anyone else finds it questionable how someone can work so many years for dcuo from day one and wouldnt even announce a good bye to the community after leaving? i guess that really shows if one actually cared about the game. But i guess it explains why the game is in its current state.
    • Like x 1
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. KidKretz Committed Player

i would guess there are rules in place behind the scenes that prohibit such things from happening. so many devs left and crickets if i recall.

i know in my job, i am not allowed to talk to the media, give statements about anything related to the company, and post on their social media pages.

and with literal decades of incidents we have as examples of ppl getting in trouble posting stuff online, why would anyone want to :p

and lastly, even if he could, he literally just got laid off, he has to worry about himself and family and very quickly, i doubt he has the time to worry about all of us playing a game when bills could easily start to pile up and one could face evictions/foreclosures and homelessnes, not to mention to be able to find graceful words to say when you just got fired.

that's just me though, but i think ur request is a tall ask. if you lay me off (thankfully i never have been) i am running forward full steam ahead, not looking back at the company that just did that to me and put me in a awkward situation, not even for second.

so yup, i do NOT find it questionable
    • Like x 1
  8. zNot Loyal Player

The lead designer did let us know he was leaving and he was even more communicative then the person who was in charge of communication…. while i get what youre trying to say a short message wouldnt hurt anyone,the lack of communication speaks for itself for years on the forums and if someone is being laid off gues what that in itself has a reason too :)
    • Like x 2
  9. Sollace Well-Known Player

This is the most lamentable thing that happens at Daybreak, most of the other studios would announce their departure thank you, in short all the procedure that goes with a departure, but here nothing, it must be learned through Linkedin and again, It’s someone who will get this information, Daybreak games has never been able to manage the communication (noted that we still have not had a letter from the producer, where is it?) and with what is happening right now, they prove it even more...

In addition, we were supposed to have information on the native update new people in February mid-February passed still nothing, the next info about it, we already know it before it even arrives, this studio to a catastrophic management and D-INK has not helped the situation...

I understand that these are harsh words, but in view of everything that is happening here, it is very frustrating for players loyal to DCUO and a great lack of respect for their players who still believe in this game!
    • Like x 2
  10. zNot Loyal Player

The lack of communication is indeed not acceptable lets not forget EG7 statements about DC and their plans for dc when i asked the community manager about it on the threads he deleted my comment twice and warned me to bann me (he also deleted other peoples comments and threads about the topic asking for statement from communication dev)

Seems like we have been milked for other games expansions.. and we are expected to be quiet about it with 2 mini episodes a year and easy non engaging non creative content we are given to remain silent while they get the cash from capsuls and other p2win aspects that are not being put back into dc
    • Like x 3
  11. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Beta player here . Been playing since I was 12.

Meepps was awesome and he is literally the only reason why I kept on playing . He cared about the community. He excited us when we had new stuff coming . He just made me feel of old times .
    Nerd of play and mepps were what’s holding me to the game .
    If it’s true mepps is gone . Idk how I feel now , feel like the game is prolly have a closing date but their not saying anything cuz trying to suck as much money as possible .
  12. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Because if there's one thing these forums are known for, it's it's scintillating conversationalists.
    • Like x 2
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Necro thread but I gotta ask… are you still around ?
    • Like x 1